Dec 15 2011 WT: We don't care if you have a f***ing BRAIN TUMOR get your a$$ out in service!!

by baltar447 69 Replies latest jw friends

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Interesting isnt it Mad Sweeney. I wonder then does the organisation have its priorities right? We dont need to ask them to find that out. We can see just by looking at them. Oh how true the scripture is that says by their fruits you will recognise ones who will try to teach things contrary to what Christ taught. (Matthew 7:16)

As I was growing up as a JW, i always had a favourite scripture and it has stuck with me even to this day. (John 13:34) By this, all will know that you are my disciples if you have love among yourselves. HOW IMPORTANT IS THIS??? I did a search for this scripture on the Watchtower Library CD and it came up with a limited amount of finds. I then searched the dreaded Matthew 24:45, and OOOOH... would you believe it!!! It came up with like a million more results. I know its just a random sample, but it kind of shows that the organisations leaders seem to place more importance on aserting their own authority than showing that they are true Christians... a fact which is clearly borne out in this thread.

Timmy xxx

• AGuest
    AGuest

Oh, c'mon, you dear folks are just being unfair (peace to you all!)! I mean, what better way is there to help people who are disabled get over their GUILT for even BEING sick... than by giving something like this to be "PROUD" about? Spend more time out in service... even if it causes you great fatigue, pain, and perhaps even exacerbates your condition... and you don't have time to ponder the guilt you're already carrying... because you're not "whole" and thus, otherwise "acceptable to Jehovah."

Right?

So, c'mon, cut the WTBTS some slack, here. I mean, what else would these folks be doing... you know, besides concentrating on their health, twilight years, family, and things that bring them REAL joy?

Seriously, you folks are just way too tough on the WTBTS...

Again, peace to you all!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest

Wait. I just read dear Awen's post (the greatest of love and peace to you!). Nevermind what I posted above... carry on*!

A slave of Christ,

SA... shaking head even more sadly

*"Crucify" them, unclean criminals that they are!!

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

"Hey! You in the wheelchair! Yeah, you with the leg braces and oxygen mask! Why are you just sittin' there? Who's side are you on? Jehovah's or Satan's? 'Jehovah's' you say? Well then...GET ROLLIN'!!!" - The Governing Body

• JustThatGirl007
    JustThatGirl007

I'm reminded of the time my father had surgery on his ear to remove a large tumor. His head was wrapped in bandages and he was using a wheelchair and he INSISTED on going to the convention. (Freaking moron, imo, and now I realize it was just a call for attention on his part because he's like that.)

During the lunch break, JWs from all over New England came up to him and told him what a great encouragement it was to see that and how wonderful it was that he was there anyway, etc.

3 days in a row...

• sir82
    sir82

No matter how much you do in "Jehovah's service"....

Jehovah is never satisfied. He always wants you to do more.

And if you don't do enough, you don't "qualify" for eternal life.

No wonder JWs are exhausted physically, menatally, and emotionally.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

"Well Sister Smith, it's evidently only a superficial injury

and Jehovah might view your not pioneering this month

as a lack of whole-souled devotion...."

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

I remember once, from the platform, a brother was giving a talk and gave an experience about an ailing brother. Old, sickly, but still averaged 12 or more hours a month. "If I died while out in service, teaching others about Jehovah at least I know I've lived my life to the full, doing what he commanded." .... GTFOH!

• shamus100
    shamus100

I've seen firsthand how they deal with people who are having health issues / problems. They are the most cruel people I have ever had the displeasure of meeting. You don't realize how bad they treat people until you actually leave.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I think the point of this article is to lay more guilt on Witnesses for not doing enough. If your sick that is no excuse, do more. If you are healthy then what's the problem? Get out there and move magazines.

And as for poor Izabel. I can't think of a worse therapy for someone who suffers from depression than going out in service. Wasting your day knocking on doors trying to find someone home. And if you do find someone home in most cases they could care less about what you are peddling and just want you to go away. You could spend years doing this and have absolutely no results. How depressing is that? Izabel would feel so much better about herself if instead of door knocking for the Watchtower she volunteered for some sort of community service where she could see where she was making a difference in peoples lives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit