I wish I was dead ...

by talesin 86 Replies latest jw friends

• Spectre
    Spectre

Been away from my computer for a few days or would have said something earlier. What was the Youtube video on page one? It says it won't play in my country.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Talespin, I didn't mean to upset you. It's just that my own daughter went through a period of deep depression and I tried everything to help her..It broke my heart to see her like that and I felt totally helpless. I feel deeply that it has to come from within a person to want to live..no one can really help someone that feels that way. The JW's teach us to look on the gloomy side of everything I think and we have to break the pattern. I like this saying:

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm but how to dance in the rain." (In your case even if it is just on one foot )

Big hug and glad you are feeling a little better..

Snoozy

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

awwww I hope you get feeling better soon!!!

I don't know how you feel but do know that I feel lots of love for you!

I have been depressed/suicidal... But have not walked in your shoes.

FS

• Robdar
    Robdar

Dear One,

I was out of town yesterday and missed your post. It seems you are doing better but I am still concerned about you. Is there anything I can do to help?

Love you, Jen.

Robyn

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Talesin,

Get better or else I'll tear Shamus' face off!

Sometimes the hurting is just part of being alive. Hang in there because a lot of people really love ya!

• FlyingHighNow
  • TheyCantDoATing Man
    TheyCantDoATing Man

I also wish I was dead. Apologies for any nasty comments I make whilst in this mood.

• i_drank_the_wine
    i_drank_the_wine

Its ok man, it happens. I actually tried at one point a couple years back. Not something fun to wake up to. Don't make the same mistake, there's always gonna be something that happens that makes you glad you're alive, even if it's not as frequently as we'd like.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Talesin--I wish I knew what was troubling you, but I appreciate your sharing your feelings here. You know you can always PM or e-mail me if you need to. I don't know you that well, but well enough to know I don't want to see you sad.

I've had my share of suicidal thoughts--and most certainly some thoughts I cannot discuss on the Internet due to preserving my rights under the 5th Amendment. Though I'm sure I've written them down somewhere. It's awful when it feels like there is no relief.

I find that a really good cry, and a really good movie can ease the pain a little. Something that really takes you off planet Earth for a couple of hours. Even something exceedingly ridiculous can help. I mean, I went to see 'The Spirit' and 'The Tale of Desperaux' all in one day because I was depressed. I felt so much better after that, though, even though neither was really that great a movie. (I'd still watch either of them again, mind you--'The Spirit' looks great in Blu-ray...)

I'm just saying...there'll be relief. You just have to hold on even when you want to give up. You might feel so weak and so broken, but you just never know how strong you really are inside until you look back at all the stuff you endured to get here, to get where you are right now. You're strong enough to keep going. Or just to hold on for a few more seconds, and a few more seconds after that.

I wish you were happy.

--sd-7

• ziddina
    ziddina

Talesin!! Finally we've heard from you!! Phew!!

[By the way, that was "Ayers Rock" - I don't know what the native Aborigines actually called it - in Australia - are you in Australia? don't answer that if it would give you away...]

It was NOT just a "butte"... I'm in "butte" country, and that is NOT a "butt" - er, "butte"...

Anyhoo...

I don't want to pick on you, dear sweet thing, but with the history and rate of suicides among Jehovah's Witnesses and former Jehovah's Witnesses, most of us on-board take expressions of suicidal feelings VERY SERIOUSLY ...

And as penalty for scaring all of us, I sure hope that you've passed your phone number on to several trusted - trustworthy - board members so we can get a DIRECT report if you're ever feeling this low, again...

Zid - a very relieved She-Devil...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit