I wish I was dead ...

by talesin 86 Replies latest jw friends

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

(((Talesin))) take care of yourself!

• dm6
    dm6

talesin - I know how you feel, i really do. I have been there not just once but many many times, even to the point where i carried out suicide twice and ended up in intensive care and a nuthouse.

The light gets brighter it honestly does. I occasionally get bouts of depression and it is really a horrible thing to live with. So i do understand how you feel.

How about telling us a little more about why you say this? You may PM me if you like, i will be a friend if you need one right now.

Hang in there, and trust me when i say, dont overthink.

Hugs

DM6

• blondie
    blondie

black sheep, that was cute.

sunshine today so it's better for me. Talesin, this gets me through my dark spots and a funny movie

• Quandry
    Quandry

Can you get to a place that has sunshine? Here in Texas that would be no problem...just the 107 degree termperature that goes along with it. At any rate, natural sunshine is a therapy that can help aleviate depression.

Also, a nice walk, perhaps some classical music, and knowing that we care about you.

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

I can't open that utube so I don't know the full story. While I don't wish I was dead I struggle at times with the thought that it wouldn't bother me too much if I was told that I would die tomorrow. I suspect that I have dysthymia and that it set in after I woke up from the WT deceit with the subsequent loss of my marriage ,family, financial security and death of my daughter. I know this may sound strange but I do enjoy living it's just that at times I relate to the thoughts of the song "Is this all there is to life"

Then I think of the movie Life of Brien and their hanging on the cross singing " Always look on the bright side of life"

Lots of hugs and empathy for you Talesin

Bob

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Life is a series of good and bad experiences for everyone and we all feel alright and than at other times not so alright sometimes for no apparent reason the difference can just be our genetic make-up. There are people who are naturally cheery, others big highs and lows me always slightly below neutral. recognizing that dramatic feelings are temporary and will pass is useful and yes I believe were expected to enjoy our ice cream cone while our heads are under the guillotine. i don't like it and it makes me angry. i wish I knew the anwers I always thought if I pursued it relentlessly I would find it and maybe it would be good I don't know anymore but I will just go on till its over and whatever happens will happen . So just hang in there try to find whatever distraction you can and we'll all just wait and see what the deal is.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Talesin:

Please stay with us ...

You are loved and needed.

Love from a recovered would-be suicide,

CoCo Aime la Vie

• blondie
    blondie

Just so no one thinks Blondie was being flippant about depression, I have dealt with it for 40 years and I am allergic to anti-depressants. I am fortunate I think that I have SAD which lasts 3 loooooooooooong months in the winter and responds to a special light. Try not to isolate, share your feelings privately with someone you can trust, remember that this has passed before, and most of all that this is a physical response not a sign of a deficient mind or character.

Any reason is a good reason to eat chocolate.--Blondie

• Quendi
    Quendi

@Talesin:

First, I want to say that I love you. You have been one of the people on this board who has helped me so much. Your counsel to me in dealing with the problem of reconnecting with my friend Mark was wise, loving, and invaluable and I don't think I would have enjoyed the success I did without it. I know I'm not the only one among us who cherishes you and wants only the best for you. I don't know the cause of your sadness and troubles right now, but I want you to know that it will pass, and better days will come again.

I'm glad you reached out to your friends here for help. We want to do all we can for you. If nothing else, my dear, realize that you are loved, valued, held in high esteem, and deeply respected. Keep in mind Solomon's words at Ecclesiastes 9:4 where he wrote, "For as respects whoever is joined to all the living there exists confidence, because a live dog is better off than a dead lion." You are much better off alive, and so are all of us who have come to know and love you, and who have benefitted from the love you have given to us. Hold on. Things will get better and I look forward to sharing with you again.

Love,

Quendi

• Poztate
    Poztate

Talesin.... I am sorry to hear that you are down and depressed.

I think all of us have felt similar thoughts at one time or another in our lives.

A change in routine could help. Get out in the sunshine, give youself a special treat.

You are worthy...you are someone and there are people here that care about you.

Take a look at Black Sheep's gif again. Sometimes it seems like all of us are hanging on by a "thread"

but we can still be there to give comfort and support to someone who needs it...

Take Care.... POZ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit