Awake! November 2011 - correct cover

by processor 91 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Again please touch on my issues with the gaint humans okay, i really want to know what evolution has to say about all that.

If you have issues with giant humans, evolution would suggest that you are jealous and have a small penis.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Evolution does not talk about the start of life, only how it got here. You can still believe in God for the abiogenesis event and the Big Bang until science proves otherwise (and they're working hard on it). The rest is proven and can be tested in a lab.

I work in the scientific field specifically cognitive sciences. Do you think it is coincidence that monkeys share our basic mathematical skills (adding, substraction), ability to make and use tools, solve puzzles even use abstract concepts and learn a basic language such as a form of signing to communicate with human? Or that they share 98% of our DNA? Do you think it is coincidence that I have to get shots in order to not make a monkey sick with human virusses like TB and they are carefully screened for diseases easily transferred to us like HIV?

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Poor bioflex seems to be under the impression that evolution took place over a few thousand years - like the fast, fancy pants evolution that would have been required had there been a global flood. No concept of millions of years....sigh...

And I'm not sure about the obsession with giants and why he thinks it's an ace in the hole question.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Giants could be derived from gorilla's, neanderthal's and any other of our brethren that were stronger and uglier and which we now know we were having sex with (according to our genes). Currently scientists have found we (Homo Sapiens) were having sex with other species' ancestors until we were about 10,000 strong. They get taller as the stories get taller and eventually you'll have giants.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care
    For centuries, all devout Bible believers knew the Earth was flat. All of a sudden, SCIENCE proves the Earth is round and first Bible believers reject it ,but when the evidence becomes overwhelming they change to: "Well the Bible said that all along."

@Simon17 - the flat earth society were never really bible readers they just bowed to the crap of the Catholic church which does not really read or teach what the bible says. Here is what the bible actually does have written about that aspect of the earth.

21 Do YOU people not know? Do YOU not hear? Has it not been told to YOU from the outset? Have YOU not applied understanding from the foundations of the earth? 22 There is One who is dwelling above the circle of the earth, the dwellers in which are as grasshoppers, the One who is stretching out the heavens just as a fine gauze, who spreads them out like a tent in which to dwell, 23 the One who is reducing high officials to nothing, who has made the very judges of the earth as a mere unreality. -- Isaiah 40:21-23

He is stretching out the north over the empty place, Hanging the earth upon nothing; -- Job 26:7

There is plenty of ignorance to go around, but the bible in no way gives credence to the idea of a flat earth! The blame for that ignorance rests squarly on those jack asses at the Catholic church for perpetuating that ignorance and killing those who didn't agree with their dogma.

• processor
    processor

The Bible clearly mentions "the four corners of the earth", its "socket pedastals" and many other details that indicate that the earth is quadratic and flat ...

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

@processor:

Perhaps you could expound a little more on all those many other details.

The Bible clearly mentions "the four corners of the earth"

The only place in the bible it says the four corners is in revelation chapter 7:1; and it is not commenting at all on the actual configuration of the earth. If you look at the context (I realize it probably asking too much of you to read) of the passage you'll see that is quite figurative/symbolic in describing in terms humans could more readily understand what the angels were up to, in holding back God's wrath (described as wind) on earths sinners.

I can't find anything in the bible that speaks of socket pedetals and earth...where was that again :p

• mP
    mP

Good ol WT, do they ever show mixed race couples in their art ?

• processor
    processor

I can't find anything in the bible that speaks of socket pedetals and earth

Job 38:6. It also mentions the earth' "corner stone".

Job 9:6 and Psalm 75:3 mention the "pillars" of the earth.

The Bible also mentions that the earth has a "firmament", with the Hebrew word indicating something "solid".

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

processor-your right. That didn't come up when I searched for it (doh); I can see how that scripture in Job would cause some confusion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit