Awake! November 2011 - correct cover

by processor 91 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• processor
    processor

There was an error on the latest Awake! cover. Here is the correct version.

Titel

• Diest
    Diest

LOL nice.

• No Room For George
  • trailerfitter
    trailerfitter

snigger

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Now that would be hilarious if a batch of those made it out to the congos...

Anyway, I'd love to ask a JW presenting those mags "So why did God create dinosaurs?" and then let them stammer all over themselves.

Great gem on page three, has a farmer looking over a field with this caption:

A farmer has faith that seeds will germinate and grow

Uh, not quite you WT dummies, its not faith - Its called science!

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Science can explain the process, not how it came about.

• compound complex
    compound complex

It is quite clear that the women in slacks do not believe in God or the Bethel dress code.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

I've recently finished reading "The Selfish Gene". The book is 35 years old already but it blew me away. Insights into how evolution works I never had before. I am now into "The Greatest Show on Earth - The Evidence for Evolution" and it is even more mind expanding. The more and more you learn about evolution through natural selection the more you come to realise sentiments like the one expressed on your modified Awake! cover are right on target.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

I just skimmed over the article. Same argument is made time and time and again, and not just by the Watchtower.

The argument that because you see complexity around you it must've had a designer. Yet they don't use the some logic when it comes to God.

That's a weak and insane argument.

• simon17
    simon17

"The Greatest Show on Earth - The Evidence for Evolution"

How are you liking that? I was a little disappointed. It definitely had some very good portions, but compared to other, more direct books, it had a lot of "if you don't believe in and accept evolution, you're an idiot" type stuff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit