@Nicholas : thanks so much buddy, u had me read though the account of the flood in a way i have never done before and boy am i glad i did, i mean all the accuracy and all. now to breaking down of points.
* Gen 6:14 Make an ark of cyprus timbers. You shall make rooms in the ark. And you shall pitch it inside and outside with pitch.
- This marks the beginning of the creation of the ark, i dont know what is about the Cyprus timbers but i am certain it was pretty neccesary for an ark that huge.
* Gen 6:15 And this is the way you shall make it. The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it shall be fifty cubits and its height thirty cubits.
Gen 6:16 You shall make a window in the ark, and you shall finish it above to a cubit. And you shall set the door of the ark in the side of it. You shall make it with lower, second and third stories.
- And this is basically defining the specifications of the ark, and bear in mind that is was three ( 3) stories.
* Gen 6:19 And you shall bring into the ark two of every kind, of every living thing of all flesh, to keep them alive with you. They shall be male and female.
Gen 6:20 Two of every kind shall come to you to keep them alive; of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after its kind.
Gen 6:21 And take for yourself all food that is eaten, and you shall gather for yourself. And it shall be for food, for you and for them.
- Now, one interesting thing here is that, Noah didn't have to go out in search of creatures, he was only supposed to direct them into the ark. God himself orchaestrated the leading of animals the ark. And it was only the terrestrial and ariel animals that were gathered into the ark. the rest could live in the water. Noah and him family were to gather food for themselves and the animals too, which is possible.
* Gen 7:2 You shall take with you every clean animal by sevens, the male and female. And take two of the animals that are not clean, the male and female.
Gen 7:3 Also take of the fowls of the air by sevens, the male and the female, to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth.
- So here we realize that, Noah had to take in some animals my sevens which is seven set of two (7 x 2), and others he had to take only a pair of.
Going forward, the ark didnt have to be moved manually or be steered, scienece proves that wood cannot to submerged in water, and Noah's ark was covered all over with wood, again the flood was supposed to lift the ark, so just like a canoe or boat floats on water the ark was also on top of the water for all the time it was raining and also for the period of time the water covered the earth.
* Gen 8:1 And God remembered Noah, and every living thing, and all the cattle which were with him in the ark. And God made a wind to pass over the earth, and the waters subsided.
Gen 8:2 Also the fountains of the deep and the windows of heaven were stopped, and rain from heaven was restrained.
Gen 8:3 And the waters returned from off the earth continually. And after the end of the hundred and fifty days the waters had gone down.
Gen 8:4 And in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, the ark rested upon the mountains of Ararat.
Gen 8:5 And the waters decreased continually until the tenth month. And the tops of the mountains were seen in the tenth month on the first day of the month.
- So this accounts for the period after the rains had stopped and how the waters are drained (cosult your science books to know how, evaporation and all)
I dont know how difficult it is to grasp this, i mean if you looked at it from a science point of view, from the creation of the ark to the time and how how the waters drained back its all POSSIBLE. Science only proves God and an intelligent creator.
let me know what you have to say about this, and bring up any points or topics you like okay, all i know is the Bible is believble and truth worthy.