Awake! November 2011 - correct cover

by processor 91 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Cowtown is ever the same darlin, but I have a vacation coming up so I'm pretty happy about that!!

Not trying to make you jealous, poopsiecakes, but I've been on vacation nonstop since I took early retirement at 56 3½ years ago. Think deliriously happy....

I liked that vid the first time you posted it, unshackled. If only people would take off their cognitive dissonance glasses as they watched it, eh?

• unshackled
    unshackled

Ah cowtown...we're due for a visit soon. Though not sure we'll make it to AB for Xmas this year, might be a stay-at-home one. Enjoy the vacay poopsie...you deserve it, sounds like you've been working lots.

take a picture of a woman, and then her daughter, and then the daughter of the daughter and so on for 5 million generations. Do you think the first picture will resemble the last?

Right Nickolas, back on topic...came across this video the other week. A simple demonstration of natural selection by random mutation over many generations (ignore the lame intro)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld-db5njUJY&feature=player_embedded

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

The flood account convinced me that the historical accuracy of Genesis is complete garbage.

• bioflex
    bioflex

@Nicholas: you do realize that all that you are saying is based on assumption right?, and you do realize that many scientists have had assumptions which have turned out to be wrong when experimentation takes place. why dont you build yourself an ark that large and lets see if its going to be stable or not. You just keep on blabbing all you want, you do know that there have been many scientifical claims in the past that has been debunked, which is mainly due to scientific as advancements.

Let take this example of the the force of gravity, why do you think we still accept it, its because it has been proven to be as told which is evident, that is what science is all about.

So before you claim anything about the ark is a fard, why dont you just go out there and prove it in a real world scenario, then i would believe you.

Then you bring up the issue of genes, do you realize it takes two to make a race right?. Now in case you have not realized, all men LOOK Alike no?., all goats look like goats am i wrong, and all monkeys look like monkeys. Now we might want to use pictures of early civilization of man and lets compare them to men now, do not us all look like men?.. how come there isn't ever any protrait or real life picture of man during early civilizations which even bring us a bit close to apes, Oh sorry, i forgot we had not yet developed the knowlenge of painting or drwing ourselves, NO?

Men will forever look like men, even though we have things that make us all look different from each other like facial structure and all, but in no means can a man look like an ape, even a little kid can tell a difference between the two.

oh and b4 i go, how many generations has it been from the first century to now? quite a lot i suppose and yet i can still tell we look close to them, i mean dont we look human? i am certain i wouldnt mistaken a first century man for an ape, and i am convined you have a pretty damn good eyesight to know that too.

Wake up.

• bioflex
    bioflex

@Unshackled : hahahahahahah, loooolz, that video you posted just made my day, i mean did he just say mistakes in genes caused all these variation of animal species, now that is pretty funny.

okay, so i just run a search in goodle and it seems our tipical generation is 25 years, now lets trace back to 200 generations ago, that would be like some 4500 years ago, are you telling me that men back looked like chimpanzees?....hahaha, and since the story of Noah was probably way back i guess then he was quite a chimanzee than a human by then who was told to build an ark, sounds really cool, animal cant even draw a picture of himself and yet can build an ark......lol

you evolution guys are so hilarious, i bet you are in for the fun.

now lets come to precticall terms, ever thought about the evolution of electronics?, do you think mistakes brought us to where we are today in technological advancements, i mean just look at how computers began, it has always been the orchaestration of intelligent, and continued of men who far exceeded the previous, and after all these years compuers are still computers no matter what form the come in.

i should think some 4500 years ago fishes would walk on the earth, i mean mistakes in their genes caused them to lose that ability and stay in water right?.......loooooooolz.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Please don't stop - this is truly good stuff.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

good bye, bioflex. No more playing with ignorant trolls for me today. You are just like the smug 15-year-old highschool freshman who smirks at his 60-year-old biology teacher when she tries to enlighten him about life on earth. You know it all without having had the benefit of studying even the the most basic fundamentals. You are intellectually lost. I have nothing to teach you.

• unshackled
    unshackled

bioflex (Kirk Cameron?) you can type all the 'looolz' you want but evolution is true. Here's proof: a crocodile got it on with a duck and here's the offspring...

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies
    And guess what?.. the Bible never stated that the world was created in 7 (24 hrs) man days. Next time get your facts straight.

Genesis

1 In [the] beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

2 Now the earth proved to be formless and waste and there was darkness upon the surface of [the] watery deep; and God’s active force was moving to and fro over the surface of the waters.

3 And God proceeded to say: “Let light come to be.” Then there came to be light.

4 After that God saw that the light was good, and God brought about a division between the light and the darkness.

5 And God began calling the light Day, but the darkness he called Night. And there came to be evening and there came to be morning, a first day.

6 And God went on to say: “Let an expanse come to be in between the waters and let a dividing occur between the waters and the waters.”

7 Then God proceeded to make the expanse and to make a division between the waters that should be beneath the expanse and the waters that should be above the expanse. And it came to be so.

8 And God began to call the expanse Heaven. And there came to be evening and there came to be morning, a second day.

9 And God went on to say: “Let the waters under the heavens be brought together into one place and let the dry land appear.” And it came to be so.

10 And God began calling the dry land Earth, but the bringing together of the waters he called Seas. Further, God saw that [it was] good.

11 And God went on to say: “Let the earth cause grass to shoot forth, vegetation bearing seed, fruit trees yielding fruit according to their kinds, the seed of which is in it, upon the earth.” And it came to be so.

12 And the earth began to put forth grass, vegetation bearing seed according to its kind and trees yielding fruit, the seed of which is in it according to its kind. Then God saw that [it was] good.

13 And there came to be evening and there came to be morning, a third day.

14 And God went on to say: “Let luminaries come to be in the expanse of the heavens to make a division between the day and the night; and they must serve as signs and for seasons and for days and years.

15 And they must serve as luminaries in the expanse of the heavens to shine upon the earth.” And it came to be so.

16 And God proceeded to make the two great luminaries, the greater luminary for dominating the day and the lesser luminary for dominating the night, and also the stars.

17 Thus God put them in the expanse of the heavens to shine upon the earth,

18 and to dominate by day and by night and to make a division between the light and the darkness. Then God saw that [it was] good.

19 And there came to be evening and there came to be morning, a fourth day.

20 And God went on to say: “Let the waters swarm forth a swarm of living souls and let flying creatures fly over the earth upon the face of the expanse of the heavens.”

21 And God proceeded to create the great sea monsters and every living soul that moves about, which the waters swarmed forth according to their kinds, and every winged flying creature according to its kind. And God got to see that [it was] good.

22 With that God blessed them, saying: “Be fruitful and become many and fill the waters in the sea basins, and let the flying creatures become many in the earth.”

23 And there came to be evening and there came to be morning, a fifth day.

3M

• bioflex
    bioflex

@ Nicholas: hey come on, we are learning right?, i mean you are beginning to sound like the JWs who dont want their authority to be questioned, i am not 15, much older than that, and being 60 does not make you right either.

If you have ever thought of the idea of an aeroplane flying then i am sure you would be trully fascinated about how magnificent it is, i mean with all that weight, but it does work right?. so you never know until you try.

@ unshackled : you mean the coricodile really banged the duck , please show me a video of that scene and you would have yourself a new convert, nO?...and i dont want vids of an evolutionalized ape(man) mixing animal genes in a lab okay, i wanna see that banging...lolz

@ 3mozzies : Genesis 1 : 1 - in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. You do realize that the earth is part of the WORLD right?.. the earth could have been created many years before all the accounts of Genesis 1: 3 - 23.

So there you have it, the bible never says the WORLD(universe- earth, trees, waters,sun,man,animals, u name it) was created in seven days. Dont misquote the bible.

I feel Good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit