Awake! November 2011 - correct cover

by processor 91 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

If you have ever thought of the idea of an aeroplane flying then i am sure you would be trully fascinated about how magnificent it is, i mean with all that weight, but it does work right?. so you never know until you try.

Ok, bioflex, one last word from me to you. No, I would investigate the physics behind how the plane flies, and once I comprehended Bernoulli's Principle, I would understand why the plane flies and it would no longer be a mystery to me. Similarly, I would investigate the dynamic behind the existence of life, and once I comprehended evolution through natural selection it too would no longer be a mystery to me. With respect, bioflex, you have not done this with your thoughts and beliefs. Evolution through natural selection is incomprehensible to you and you default to creation and intelligent design. That the evidence supporting evolution is so overwhelmingly great holds no water with you, because you don't believe it. And you don't believe it for two key reasons. One, you don't want to believe it and, two, you will not take the time to consider it, because of reason #1. You claim to be learning, but are you? You can't learn if your mind is already made up.

• simon17
    simon17

Why are you arguing about this. Of course everythign in the Bible is possible because whatever crazy thing happened in there, there's a very simple explanation: "God is all powerful and he did it". Duh. So any impossible impliation (among all the impossible implications from all the impossible stories), just simply say God waved a magic wand and made the impossible possible.

• bioflex
    bioflex

No, I would investigate the physics behind how the plane flies, and once I comprehended Bernoulli's Principle, I would understand why the plane flies and it would no longer be a mystery to me.

well you now see the problem here dont you?. comprehend Bernoulli's principle, so now you agree that his principle holds since its been tried and tested right?. so how can you dismiss claims based on just assumptions? do you think you would still hold on to his principles if it failed in test?. NO. In the same way before you bash the claim of the ark being able to hold you have to justify your assumptions in a real world scene and not just on paper.

Similarly, I would investigate the dynamic behind the existence of life, and once I comprehended evolution through natural selection it too would no longer be a mystery to me. With respect, bioflex, you have not done this with your thoughts and beliefs. Evolution through natural selection is incomprehensible to you and you default to creation and intelligent design.

Now i dont really get you, how is evloution comprehensible when in actual facts all the things abound us seem to indicate other wise, i mean since you cant really explaing how life came to be in the first place. Lets consider the video posted above, talking about mistakes in genes over a vely long period of time brought about all the different form of species we have today, i mean how is this ccomprehensible?. Now lets take the case of a computer program, do you think a program with mistakes or random code would function correctly? and what would happen after a very prolonged period of having code with heaps of errror, i am certain the program would be totally buggy or eventually break down. Yet your reason of evolution suggest that these mistakes has rather brought us to this level of intelligence, how is this justifyable?

That the evidence supporting evolution is so overwhelmingly great holds no water with you,

Again may i ask what evidence you speak of? how do you justify the reasoning that not even a single species of the vast mojority of aminals exist today even though they seemed to be pretty much be on top of the food chain. How do you account for the idea that some fishes evolved over time and attained feartures which allowed them so stay on land, when in actual fact nothing is evident of such case as far as we are concerned, i mean with all our technoligical advancements.

Also i dont think it helps your course when you hear statements like these

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_human_migrations

A reconstruction of Homo erectus. Anthropologists believe that H. erectus was the first hominid to control fire.

again before i go, how do you account for gaint humans that existed long ago, you might want to check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-8bVEIVUh8

yep, it put evolution to shame. i mean what more can i say?

Oh and well before you come charging in with accusation think about all the stories of dinnosaurs and the rest.

#1. You claim to be learning, but are you? You can't learn if your mind is already made up.

Well i guess my mind is made up of truth until you prove other wise - again how do you deny the facts of inteligent design WHEN WE ALL KNOW THAT EVERY SINGLE INVENTION OF MAN WAS ACHIEVED THROUGH INTELLIGENT DESIGN.

yet you still hold unto the notion that something so sophisticated as life JUST HAPPENED......it really baffles me.

seriously, i think you are in the position of emptying your mind to learn, not me.

How would you feel is someone denies you of your creation ? outragoes right. yep.

Peace out.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

*click*

• simon17
    simon17

Its funny how the Bible is ALWYAS correct, but it ALWAYS lags behind science.

For centuries, all devout Bible believers knew the Earth was flat. All of a sudden, SCIENCE proves the Earth is round and first Bible believers reject it ,but when the evidence becomes overwhelming they change to: "Well the Bible said that all along."

For centuries, all devout Bible believers knew the Earth was created in 6 literal days (actually BECAUSE of the Bible). All of a sudden, SCIENCE proves the Earth is billions of years old. At first Bible believers reject it, but when the evidence becomes overwhelming, they change to "Well the Bible said that all along."

Probably a few centuries from now, the Bible will "prove" evolution as well.

So don't worry, science and religion always coincide eventually. Eventually religion is forced to accept what science already knows.

Its like prophecy. Bible prophecy is always correct but only after the prophetic act happens can we figure out what it means.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

sigh....bioflex, don't you realize that by believing in a global flood you already believe in evolution?

• simon17
    simon17

sigh....bioflex, don't you realize that by believing in a global flood you already believe in evolution?

Correction, super-accelerated evolution at a speed that is many orders faster than that suggested by ANY scientist in the world.

• unshackled
    unshackled

...and that marsupials and lemurs can either swim or fly great distances.

• bioflex
    bioflex

@poopsiecakes: if by evolution you mean life made possible by an intelligent supreme being then yep u got it, but if not then i guess your choice of words is poor. Now ever heard of the word adapt?..yes thats is, thats why different animals and even humans live in specific places around the world. That is why i dont wonder why i have never seen a seal in my life, cos if they lived where i am now they would probably have been burnt to death, same goes for other animals too. And humans are no exeption, just google it.

@simon17 : isnt it funny how people who like to criticise the bible have always been wrong? perhaps you know that the bible has been around far longer than any book we have now, and if you have taken your time to study it you would know how accurate it is. You would have known that the bible NEVER said the earth was created in 7 days

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

So there you go, how long the earth was created is not stated.

again if you really took your time to study the bible you would know that science only proves the authenticy of the bible. Stop spreading false rumors, dont condemn the bible because of mistake people have made in interprating it.

and about the prophecies, at least you acknowledge that it comes to pass.

You can believe whatever you want to, a time is coming, there is going to be a one world government, and the bible stated this long ago, just make sure you dont forget when the time comes.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

@poopsiecakes: if by evolution you mean life made possible by an intelligent supreme being then yep u got it, but if not then i guess your choice of words is poor. Now ever heard of the word adapt?..yes thats is, thats why different animals and even humans live in specific places around the world. That is why i dont wonder why i have never seen a seal in my life, cos if they lived where i am now they would probably have been burnt to death, same goes for other animals too. And humans are no exeption, just google it.

...and the hilarity continues. Did god bring Penguins, Polar Bears, Kangaroos, Emus, Raccoons, the Bald Eagle and Woodchucks to Noah? They adapted? The Kangaroo was what in the Middle East? What was the Penguin? Seriously, are you relying on fossils that have yet to be discovered because I'd love it if they found Kangaroo fossils in the Middle East. But guess what...it's not gonna happen - they were never there.

Dude, there is no way that you can explain the variety found in all of the different species known today (that are still being discovered by the way) and still believe that they all came from the selected few that would fit onto an ark unless you a) believe in a form of evolution that defies all logic and physical ability or b) are being willfully blind to push your own agenda. Try reading up a bit - even from posters on this thread; unless you truly don't want to learn, in which case I'm kinda done with you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit