Awake! November 2011 - correct cover

by processor 91 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Nikolas - The one important piece of data that anti-flood folks generally leave out is that if God can make the universe, and if he can make bears that hibernate for months at a time, why couldn't all the animals simply hibernate or fall into a suspended animation during the voyage?

If God can make the universe (and, by the way, install all of its immutable laws and then violate them at will) and could make all the animals go into hybernation (you do realise that hybernation of a large animal only decreases the rate of consumption of its muscle and fat reserves, don't you) then why wouldn't he just create a miracle to rid the world of evil without going to all the trouble of killing all those innocent children and animal life? He'd also have to work a double miracle with hybernation. A hybernating bear over the course of a typical 90 day hybernation period will consume 22.5% of its body mass. In extreme cases when winters are atypically long, say 120 days, he will lose up to 30% of his body mass and be much weakened on emergence. Almost double that for the time the ark was supposedly afloat and the animals would not survive. Maybe if God installed suspendended animation cryonics on the ark? C'mon.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Bioflex is cracking me up - this kind of satire is worthy of Stephen Colbert.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Classic cognitive dissonance, poopsiecakes. I can't believe that people still buy into the Ark story without believing in magic too.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Allow me to bring the thread back on topic after having hijacked it (my apologies, I got carried away). A simple lesson in genetics and natural selection. You are half your mother and half your father, or one quarter of each of your grandparents. But you are not a perfectly consistent blend of their genes. If you were, you'd be like mixing blue paint with red paint and you would be purple. But then everyone would be purple and look exactly the same. No. We don't all look exactly the same because our blends of genes are different. Now lets say for argument's sake that the evolution of man goes back a few million years - yes, I realise this is a stretch for some folks, but humour me - and take a picture of a woman, and then her daughter, and then the daughter of the daughter and so on for 5 million generations. Do you think the first picture will resemble the last? It will not, because there will be a constant change in the blends of genes, constantly influenced by the natural environments in which they are passed on. Do you think you'd notice much of a difference across a several generations in sequence? You would not. Think about this for a moment. See if you can catch a glimpse of what really happened.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

@NomadSoul : pretty funny huh, so can you tell me what your gripe is in the bible?. cos its funny how you can read some book and accept it but you claim

the bible is crap.

That's what's funny! That you are saying that people haven't done any investigation. Yet you say you don't need to read any books on evolution. That's a contradicting statement.

As a JW I read the bible, not once but twice. That's what started my doubts; reading the Bible. I don't think it's crap, it's a great piece of literature. I do think it's a book of myths just like any other books in the fiction section of the library.

How many books on evolution have you read?

• unshackled
    unshackled

Noble effort Nickolas. But bioflex is either a troll or just incapable of using reason. Gotta love this quote...

and if we really evolved into this state why is it taking us too long to continue oue evolution, i would even think we should have been like angels by now, growing wings and all
  • poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

It's gotta be satire - there's no way anyone could honestly believe all that stuff once confronted with the facts of elementary physics.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Hey unshackledoodles!! Put up that hilarious youtube you posted on another noah thread!

• unshackled
    unshackled

Howdy poopsie...how's cowtown? Good call on the video, found it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I225Vcs3X0g

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Cowtown is ever the same darlin, but I have a vacation coming up so I'm pretty happy about that!! :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit