The Polarizing of America: Rep. Michele Bachmann wins Iowa Straw Poll

by darthfader 172 Replies latest social current

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I understood very little of what you just said.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

You guys seem very worried about who the Rs nominate. Is it that you are already discounting O's chances of success next year?

We've had far more religious Presidents than the current batch the So Cons love. Last I checked, we still aren't a theocracy.

And I wouldn't lay too much stock by an early Iowa straw poll. 60% of Iowan Republicans are very socially conservative. They aren't representative of the country as a whole.

That said,

and you lefties should support him too. He came in #2 in the straw poll. Some of the more sincere and honest lefties support him too,

What I would like to see (not that it will be possible) would be to see RP win, and pick a decent Democrat as his running mate for VP. Together, they could bring the country together and fix this mess.

• designs
    designs

Ron Paul is making a killing on his Gold investments......

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Good for him. He has been a Gold bug for decades and advocates a return to the gold standard. He called this debt crisis years ago and warned that something had to be done. He saw it coming and everyone else

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Here is his full financial disclosure. Lots of gold.

http://pfds.opensecrets.org/N00005906_2010.pdf

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

Is it me or is Michele Bachman really scary???

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

She's scary.

• donny
    donny

Ms. Bachman has redefined "submissive" to mean respect. Let a sister tell that to teh Society and see how far that flies.

• designs
    designs

I wonder if Mr. Bachmann is 'submissive ' to his wife...

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Bachmann: America ‘cursed’ by God ‘if we reject Israel’

"I am convinced in my heart and in my mind that if the United States fails to stand with Israel, that is the end of the United States . . . [W]e have to show that we are inextricably entwined, that as a nation we have been blessed because of our relationship with Israel, and if we reject Israel, then there is a curse that comes into play. And my husband and I are both Christians, and we believe very strongly the verse from Genesis [Genesis 12:3], we believe very strongly that nations also receive blessings as they bless Israel. It is a strong and beautiful principle."

How long do you think it would take for this "Christian Zionist" whore to put American boots and blood on the ground of Iran, once her beloved Israel issues the marching orders?

Wake UP, people. Any candidates who would sell out the entire U.S. populace for a war-mongering foreign power should be stripped of their citizenship and deported, not elected.

By contrast, the ever-reasonable Ron Paul:

“Our military’s purpose is to defend our country, not to police the Middle East.

“As the President prepares to send even more support to Egypt, we should be reminded that it was our foreign aid that helped Mubarak retain power to repress his people in the first place. Now we have to deal with the consequences of those decisions, yet we keep repeating the same mistakes.

“I am not the only one who can see the absurdities of our foreign policy. We give $3 billion to Israel and $12 billion to her enemies. Most Americans know that makes no sense.

“We need to come to our senses, trade with our friends in the Middle East (both Arab and Israeli), clean up our own economic mess so we set a good example, and allow them to work out their own conflicts.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujl_sTPZPLY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit