The Polarizing of America: Rep. Michele Bachmann wins Iowa Straw Poll

by darthfader 172 Replies latest social current

• designs
    designs

NC-

Thanks, will do, this forum is the best

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Great advice, NC. Also, talk to your doctor; he/she may be willing to have-your-back, as it were, if they know that you plan to be w/o insurance for a six month period. Doctors get a lot of sample medications.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

On Michelle Bachmann: it would seem that envisioning Mr. Bachmann as First Lady is going to be a stretch that many voters will not be able to make.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

He is really something. Michelle should have never put him on the national stage. I kind of feel bad if we are outing the guy---but then he and she seek to stuff gays back in the closet---so not I'm not feeling overly bad.

That is assuming he is gay. I simply have my suspicions. I might not be the only one. They will never get the independent voter. They only matter in Iowa.

NC

• designs
    designs

Will Mr. Bachmann have a Ted Haggard moment, that will end Michelle's bid for the White House. He could just be an effeminate man or maybe Kinsey's 10 factors comes in to play.

More telling for the Economy will be to find out if their Clinic was hiring during the past two years or not.

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Borgia amazing! You missed the whole point! It has nothing to do with advocating Lesbianism or any other type of sexual relationship. The point is (for those of you whom are difficulty witht the subject);

If a man decides to have sex with a woman and you make a baby together, you are responsible for the cost of birthing that baby, not the state, not the federal government, not your mom and dad, not your neighbors. YOU are responsible. If you can't digest the concept of being responsible for your own actions and having to pay for the results of those actions, then you're not going to understand this post.

Interesting Sam you are saying this. It's a peculiar stance for 4 reasons:

1) not every sexual contact needs to be by default a penis in vigina thing. There are a host of other things lovers can do without the sperm running for it's life to an egg thing.

I did not say that lovers must only have intercourse to make love did I? READ

2) there are a host of cheap vertility control options out there that can be obtained without burdening the healthcare system. People don't get pregnant by accident but by either ignorance or shame.

No, people don't get pregnant by accident. People get pregnant through a lack of thought and protection. (a) There is no thought about consequences, so you'll pay the bill after the fact. (b) Think about protection. Condoms are about $1.00. Think this through. Cost of Baby = $6,000.00. Cost of Condom = $1.00. If you had pay for one of these options out of your own pocket, which one would it be? Tea Party'ers are tired of paying the bill for those who refuse to be responsible.

3) your statement seems to be advocating lesbian sex since you decry sex with a sperm donor which biologically should mean: men.

Do whatever you want, but if you get pregnant, you'll have to do community service or work for the birthing institution until the bill is paid off. No Exceptions. It's YOUR baby, YOU made it, YOU pay for it.

4) personal liberty, welfare and happiness should entail the choices with regards to engaging in sex. This is none of the business of either politicians, the governement, the tax collector or insurance companies, etc.

Again, do whatever you want, but if you get pregnant, you'll have to do community service or work for the birthing institution until the bill is paid off. No Exceptions. It's YOUR baby, YOU made it, YOU pay for it.

In a free market place, an insurance company might even reimburse the costs for vertility control because it may safe on other issues, like hospitalisation, etc. I would say, that's something the market is very capable of regulating that themselves.

You are right, but most people don't posess the ability to process the thought; "Gee, maybe we should use a Condom."
  • Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Pistoff - I never once mentioned China, REREAD

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

So, Sam, does this mean that you favor a Bachmann presidency?

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

I don't know enough about anyone to say Bizzy. To me, she seems like a smart lady that could do the job.... If our country drifts away from Christian values, our greatness will drift away too. Our adherence to principals based on the constitution which is largely based on biblical principles is our foundation. If we allow that to erode, then we're just like everybody else.

A code of conduct and function linked to the Bible is how we come this far....like it not.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

I don't have anything to contribute to this thread at this time as I just woke up, but I have to say this is the first time that I can recall a thread started off serious, and then went completely silly, then went overly serious, and is now at the rational discussion and debate stage. Fascinating.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit