first contradiction in the bible?

by cptkirk 82 Replies latest watchtower bible

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

As has been stated a few times, Genesis is comprised of TWO creation stories passed down, orally, over the generations to the Hebrews and combined into one "story", we we know as genesis, By Moses ( according to tradition).

Genesis 1 is the creation account according to the "Elohists" and Genesis 2, according to the "yahwehists".

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

that's right. and they contradict each other.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Well...contridiction....I don't know if that is the right word.

Same story from a different POV based on different objectives.

Remember, the creation story is just that, a story and is NOT meant to be taken literal AND concrete, but is to be taken in a way that shows that God was the agent of creation and that creation was a gradual process and not a snap of the finger and all is done type of thing.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

I don't know if anybody has brought up that God created the animals as pairs, and he so happens to create Adam by himself.

I smell BS!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Being a non-believer is so liberating. All this bullshit over a myth!

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Damn you, Nomad. I was just gonna bring that up.

God was all, "Take it easy, Adam! YES, I made female animals to go with the males.... BUT I gave you two hands and you can rest assured that neither of them will get mad about the toilet seat being up, nor will they ask you to buy tampons on your way home from the office."

Ditto, Cantleave.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

the popol vuh creation story is quite similar, but it doesn't contradict itself.

what i like about the popol vuh is that the snake creates everything.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

LOL SBC, how about the other primates? They had someone to mate with ANDDDDDD they also had opposable thumbs. lol

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

According to some, Genesis 1 is about the creation of the world, whereas Genesis 2 is about ( in specififc) the garden of Eden.

Wheras Genesis 1 is the cration story in general, Genesis 2 is in specific about what happend in the GOE and what lead to mans "fall" from Grace.

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

sacramento: you're trying to force it to be real. the bible says nothing, it's the dictionary. the most fundamental pieces of the bible, let alone secondary items in the bible all contradict eachother. think about what you just said. god created man and woman..then later in the specific account of the garden of eden after he had created people...he didn't think to create eve because he saw it was not good for man to continue alone?

think of other fundamental laws in the bible, the most basic fundamental stuff like this creation of man. thou shall not kill? there is more death dealing handed out by the god of "thou shall not kill" than can be catalogued. and i dont mean by him directly. check out the wars of israel. check out genesis 34:25-30. they just killed raped(more than likely) and plundered, and the worst thing jacob was worried about was ostracism?

look at some of the accounts regarding god telling his armies to stand still and watch their salvation.... why didn't he just do that everytime, rather than send them out to butcher people themselves? then his real good homie king david who he is like CRAZY about, he loves that dude, and after he has him let loose killing en masse (which he told him to do) he then punishes him and says, oh btw solomon is gonna build my temple because you been a bad boy with all that killin. meanwhile solomon goes off and worships other gods after god has given solomon every possible gift on earth. good god man wake up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit