first contradiction in the bible?

by cptkirk 82 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

contradiction without the use of an outside medium (such as archaeology, fossil study). i just stumbled on this after reading the thread about adam and the sexual subliminal message. i was thinking about adam and eve and chronology, and a contradiction popped up in my head...so i picked up the bible and there it is.

gen 1:27 - god creates adam and eve, tells them to be fruitful.

gen 2:18 - now adam is alone? god saw it wasn't good for the man to continue by himself??

so then god creates eve out of adam's rib. (this is all so fundamental, am i on drugs or is this right?)

if god created the earth for man to subject it to himself, and to be fruitful and become many...if that was the purpose ...why would he create adam, and then say doh! forgot eve? this makes no sense.

he had to "realize" that it wasn't good for adam to be alone(that's what the bible says "it is not good for the man to *continue* by himself")....did he even create adam with a penis and a libido? or once he put adam to sleep, he slapped on the good penis in preparation for eve?

if he created man to subject physical creation unto himself, and for the propagation of the human race...how would he only realize later after adam dwelled the earth that eve needed to be created?

did my blinders just fly off at like mach10? the more i read this NONE of it makes any sense. god cursed the damn snake out of all the domestic animals? why? the snake was possessed lol...double whammy, he's got both god and satan after him, poor damn snake wtf?

genesis 2:1-2 completion of creation, but adam has no eve yet?

gen 2:7 god proceeded to make man, didnt you just make man at gen 1:26

gen 2:11-12 god is already giving adam gold and perfume?(and onyx) yet eve isn't created yet...

also he tells adam not to eat from the tree of good and bad...before eve is even created....put that in your pipe and smoke it.

so god says it's not good for adam to be alone, so the next line should be about eve right? wrong. it's about the flying creatures. gen 2:18-19

bible doesn't seem fond of women does it. i know i'm fond of them if that makes you feel better.

then finally he creates eve at gen 2:21 who was supposed to of been already created at gen 1:27 but then again at gen 2:18 man is alone....

• White Dove
    White Dove

Oh yeah, I noticed how they told a little bit of the story, then went even further back and added to it, then mixed it all up.

How about when God told Eve that he was going to increase her birth pains.

Increase them? She never had a baby before!

How about the rainbow.

I find it a little suspicious that God said he'd put one up there the very first time it rained, even though said bow would have to appear, no matter what, due to physics (stolen idea from another poster).

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I like how the Bible implies that Adam tried to find suitable company from among the animals.

I mean, it doesn't spell it directly, but leads to the suggestion that Adam had sex with animals, but it wasn't going to work out.

Genesis chapter 2:

18 Then the LORD God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” 19 Out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the sky, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them; and whatever the man called a living creature, that was its name. 20 The man gave names to all the cattle, and to the birds of the sky, and to every beast of the field, but for Adam there was not found a helper suitable for him.

Imagine if it did work out:

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

Adam, though with an adult body, had not developed sexually yet. It was not until he ate of the tree of knowledge that he was even aware of his sexuality and thus became aware that he was "naked." So Adam, being prepubertal until he ate the fruit, wouldn't be having sex with animals, but would have observed sex in the animals.

There is no contradiction if you read the account with the correct insight.

LS

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Made in god's image and he didn't have a weiner

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

god also created plants before he created the sun. he also created day and night before the sun.

in chapter one he first creates plants, then animals, then humans. in chapter two he creates first humans, then plants, then animals.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

First contradiction: 'In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.'

So where did our heavenly father reside before he created the heavens?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

@Lars =

There is no contradiction if you read the account with the correct insight.

Not being picky here, but how is said 'insight' determined? Can someone explain the process?

(Sorry, I was raised in the JW's and didn't get a very good education).

• still thinking
    still thinking

From my understanding....Genesis 1......Elohim God

Genesis 2......YHVH God

Two different authors....based on two different religions/beliefs that have been intergrated. Thats why it jumps around.

• sir82
    sir82
    how is said 'insight' determined? Can someone explain the process?

Well, you have to be the Messiah.

Not the Messiah? Here's what you do: first you have to dress in drag, then take a nap in a dumpster, then notice a certain cloud formation... (Lars can fill in the rest for you).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit