first contradiction in the bible?

by cptkirk 82 Replies latest watchtower bible

• elder-schmelder
  • PSacramento
    PSacramento
    sacramento: you're trying to force it to be real.

Absolutely not.

As most here will attest, I do NOT view ALL th ebibel as literal and concrete.

And I certaibly don't view the Genesis stories as anything other than a story of creation that was written for ancient man, by ancient man so as acient man could have SOME understanding of the world he lived in:

Created by ONE God, in a progressive way, over a period of time, in stages, to which Man is to be caretaker and protector of.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Anyone else think it a bit odd that the omnipotent, omniscient creator of the entire universe was terrible at hide-and-seek? Also the fact that he wasn't aware they'd eaten from the tree until the whole "nakedness" thing came up? (Genesis 3:8-11)

8 Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the LORD God among the trees of the garden. 9 But the LORD God called to the man, “Where are you?”

10 He answered, “I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.”

11 And he said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?”

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Ah dude, how many times to you catch your kids doing something they are not suppoe to, even hding from you to not get in trouble, but you know where they are and know what they have done but YET still say" Where are you?", "why are you hiding?", "what did you do?"

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

what is real then? the jesus account? the bible says if all of jesus deeds/utterances had been catalogued, the entire world would not be able to contain them. (ok sure it's poetic fine)...but hey could we atleast maybe get ONE BOOk called the book of jesus? jesus himself the son of GOD, who should of been able to write 30,000 words per second...could not of written just one damn book for us? we have a collection of the same 5 sentences he spoke, repeated over and over again in the various greek books of the bible...that's it? and one time he was a kid and mary was like omg where is jesus? he's in the temple. RIVETTING!!!!

tell me, what is in the bible that is literal? the book of revelation? sounds like a bad acid trip.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    what is real then?

Each beleiver must decide for HIMSELF what is to be accepted as literal, anaology, parable, story telling, etc.

I mean, IF one is to view the bibel as so important as to be paramount in their life, don't you think that same person shoudl truly study it and come to his/her own conclusions, rather than take the opinion of others?

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    Ah dude, how many times to you catch your kids doing something they are not suppoe to, even hding from you to not get in trouble, but you know where they are and know what they have done but YET still say" Where are you?", "why are you hiding?", "what did you do?"

Again, I expect the supreme omniscient, omnipotent being in the entire universe to act a little different than an imperfect human father. Why the inconsistency? Sometimes it's "God's ways are higher than ours" and other times "isn't that what you'd do?"

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

We are made in God's image, WE act like God, not the other way around.

It makes sense that the tellers/writers would write/tell in a way that the readers/listeners could relate.

• SweetBabyCheezits
  • the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

It's very simple.. Genesis is not chronological. So you can rearrange every word in it until it fits your doctrine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit