What Actually Made You Leave The Organization?

by minimus 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Nothing personal Minimus, but for me it was corrupt elders.

Loz x

• minimus
    minimus

KEN, I'm glad you've made the leap HERE!

Once you check the facts, it's a no brainer. This religion is historically built on falsehood.

• Ilovebirthdays
    Ilovebirthdays

I was so depressed, I just wanted to die. At that point, I can't say that I was disagreeing with much in the religion, I just knew if I didn't get out, eventually I would stop thinking about taking the entire bottle of pills I had hidden in a pair of my boots, and actually take them all at once.

• james_woods
    james_woods

It was a long buildup of many realizations about false prophecy, false doctrine, and stubborn dictatorship.

But the last straw was that WT article in the late 70s where the GB overlords patiently explained to us idiot great crowd people that Jesus was not really our mediator.

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

Welcome Kensei.

Your details are very much appreciated. Perhaps you could post an introduction thread?

• Kensei01
    Kensei01

Franklin Massey:

Thank you very much for your post; as well may I say I have enjoyed reading yours in the last few weeks as well. I believe I will post an intro thread when I have a little more time.

Have a great day!!

• freetosee
    freetosee

• I asked myself, how come I feel so empty even though I have the truth?
    • Why don't I have true friends being part of the only true worldwide brotherhood?
    • Do we really have the identifying mark of love?
    • The elders are the biggest hypocrites. How can they be appointed by holy spirit?
    • We criticise the churches of Christendom while child abuse cases are covered up! How can Jehovah allow that?
    • In what way is the org being spirit directed by Jehovah?
    • Why is there so much in the bible I feel disgusted about?
    • Even though going to all the meetings and pioneering, why do I always feel guilty, lonely and depressed?

fts

• freetosee
    freetosee

Welcome to the forum, Kensei01!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

What ACTUALLY did it........hard to say....The 'overlapping' piddled me off big time.....all the GB control overriding the love of Jesus............in essence I think I woke up to the fact that there was more love in many 'worldly' people than I saw in my conditionally loving dubsturbators................

I agree with this 100%, this could be me speaking....

I began hating being an elder. I felt bad for many who were basically good people being put down by the system as a Witness. But eventually, I decided I NEEDED to get out. I just couldn't keep the charade going.
  • minimus
    minimus

I honestly believe it's a stupid religion. It makes no sense. It's not a logical religion. That's a fact.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit