What Actually Made You Leave The Organization?

by minimus 81 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I'm with ya. You can't have it both ways. Either you accept ALL of it or you are not on their side.

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

I woke up when I started studying the bible more intensively to be better at FS bible ping pong. Being blessed with family study evening, I had the opportunity to really dig in and be the best JW ever. I tried to look at the bible the way a householder would, and without realizing it, I took my rose-colored indoctrinated cult member glasses off. Soon I realized the bible was a bunch of crap. Took me a year to build up the courage to leave.

• minimus
    minimus

That's why too much studying can be the death of a JW. HA!

• Eiben Scrood
    Eiben Scrood

I found the more I studied, the less I truly believed. There are just so many contradictions both in the Bible itself and in the organization's beliefs.

I think deep analysis of the teachings will lead most thinking people to conclude it's mostly bullshit.

• minimus
    minimus

But they don't want you to think for fear you might be "independent".

• bigmac
    bigmac

"LittleMac"

not related?

i left--in my heart--in 1971

--a pregnant wife made me realise--no way would i deny my kid a blood transfusion--

then--what kind of god would require such a sacrifice?--non i would want to know.

just took another 10 years of sidelining before the troof finally kicked my ass out the door

thank you god---mwooaahh----you are merciful after all x

• minimus
    minimus

Yup, sometimes it takes awhile before we do move on.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

The "Men are good, women are inferior" vibe.

Their "men are heads, women must obey" teachings.

The "Sex is bad to think about" attitude.

No masturbating? Even if you're married? What?

Their attitudes and teachings about rape...too many to mention here.

Rape can be fornication. F*ck you very much, WT.

Their unsympathetic view of Dinah in the Bible.

Their use of the Bible lol.

Dry humping is fornication now.

Their cruel shunning rules.

Their attitude about homosexuals. There dislike those who are gay, even though they claim not to.

Their teachings about homosexuality.

Their blatant hypocrisy, lies, and general deceptive and evasive attitude.

• minimus
    minimus

Chem, you have some sex issues (rightfully).

• mamalove
    mamalove

A lot of stuff bugged me. But what really struck me was reading a book about fundamentalist Mormon's and how similar they are to JW's. Once I figured out that I didn't have the golden ticket, it took about 6 mos to come out of the fog, and I knew it was just another religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit