What Actually Made You Leave The Organization?

by minimus 81 Replies latest jw friends

• noolite
    noolite

I got out in 1982, after being born-in in '57. The biggest reason in my case was not the 1975 fiasco, as I got dunked in '76

I think it was a number of reasons, but the biggest one had to be the lack of caring about others, and the hypocrisy that I saw all around me. I knew it was there all along, but it came to the forefront in that year, when I was down and out and needed help. A number of "brothers" in my cong paid lip service to helping me (indeed, one did help me for a bit but he was an exception). I had no place to live and no job, the recession was in full force and there were no jobs to be found. I was literally living in my car.

No one helped me, no one cared. These were people that I had done everything in my power to help out when they needed help, I did many jobs and home repairs for them free and without reservation over many years...and they just abandoned me when I needed some help.

That was the final straw for me. There is no love there, none, nada, zip. No one gives a damn about you if you are in dire straits. Lots of talk, but no action. I found out then just how real their "love" was. I got out and never went back. I wasn't DF but rather faded, it wasn't hard because they just basically forgot about me. Easiest fade ever, I guess

Well, there's a lot more to my story but I don't want to bore everyone. In any case, I don't hate them. I pity them, because they don't know what true friendship is all about. It's all false platitudes and no real "works" (as they like to call it). I don't regret my decision to leave.

• shechaiyah
    shechaiyah

Single parents got and get the same sort of inattention that "fades" people.

The "ideal" marriage of a leading man and a compliant woman is difficult to find.

But Jehovah is not difficult to find in the world, believe it or not.

I've never felt I lost Him ... since 1978 when I left.

:)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit