The Trinity

by The Quiet One 163 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bob1999
    bob1999

"Why does he still find fault? For who can resist his will?"

Peace

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Bob- Doesn't the word exalted indicate that he wasn't always equal? I thought that you believed that Jesus and Jehovah are the same. Why would he have to exalt himself, or sit at his own right hand as in psalm 110:1?

• bob1999
    bob1999

Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, 6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in human form he humbled himself and became obedient unto death, even death on a cross.

Peace

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

IS 9; 6 For there has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us; and the princely rule will come to be upon his shoulder. And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace

personally, I like how the WTS 'translaters' put capital letters for Jesus;s titles.

And really?, Mighty God compared to Almighty God? That's not even an argument dude. The bible states quite clearly and explicitly that there is ONE God [e'chad] and all other gods are false.

respectfully,

dc

• bob1999
    bob1999

Now, can we talk about predestination?

Peace

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Bob- Doesn't the word exalted indicate that he wasn't always equal? I thought that you believed that Jesus and Jehovah are the same. Why would he have to exalt himself, or sit at his own right hand as in psalm 110:1?

The way I understand the Trinity doctrine, they are equal. However, they hold different offices. The President is not personally greater than the Vice-President, but he holds and office that is superior.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Now, can we talk about predestination?

Yes, I thought you'd never ask.

Simply put: Some people are BORN, so that God can eventually burn them for all ETERNITY in a literal Hell or worse.

What's not to like?

• bob1999
    bob1999

Remember it's his sandbox.

Peace

• bob1999
    bob1999

"The way I understand the Trinity doctrine, they are equal. However, they hold different offices. The President is not personally greater than the Vice-President, but he holds and office that is superior."

Yes.

The way I read Phipipians 2:9 is that the President held an office that was superior but now the Son holds that office.

Or something like that. :-)

Peace

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

*sorry, I wrote this first part when you were going off on predestination!*This thread is about the Trinity, if you don't mind. (not meaning to be rude, just getting off topic a little, that's all). I've not even had my question regarding why the Holy Spirit isn't mentioned as being prayed to in the Bible answered, or why it wasn't mentioned in the visions of Revelation. As for Jesus HAVING TO BE either the Almighty or a false god, consider this reasoning... http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100622073448AA0G1tQ "the Bible clearly shows that others can *PROPERLY* be called"God." Since the question infers that the Bible only mentions other Gods who are "false" it misleads its hearers. While today we only use the term "God" for the Almighty God, this was not the case in Bible times. Many are RIGHTLY called QEOS in the scriptures. Jehovah himself applied the term to Moses, other humans and angels (Ex.4:16; 7:1; Ps.8:5; 82:1,6; 136:2; 138:1; Jn.10:34). Was Moses a "true God"or a "false God"?! These individuals are not down on the same level as false gods who are called God, nor up on the same level as The Almighty God. This is because the sense of "god" is relative. Humans such as Moses and angels are correctly called"god," but they still have Jehovah God over them." "It is Jesus himself who says that he is not The True God. The Greek grammar of Jn 17:3 is very clear. The distinction between the "only true God" AND Jesus as "the one who [God] sent" explicitly excludes Jesus from being "The True God" mentioned here. We have then two separate individuals, and the title "only true God" is being applied only to the God and Father of Jesus Christ. This same demarcation between the Father as the only true God and Jesus is repeatedly made in Scripture (1Thes. 1:9, 10; 1Cor.8:6)."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit