The Trinity

by The Quiet One 163 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bob1999
    bob1999

I was going to bring up predestination but thought better of it.

Oops!!

Peace

• bob1999
    bob1999

"Do you see how outsiders can see an inconsistency here?"

Absolutely

Peace

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Wow, another Trinity post with the same old suspects and already running up a page count too.

Questions

Just 2 honest questions, please

Who is this scripture talking about?

AND

What does it say about him?

I quote from the NWT version of the scriptures.

IS 9; 6 For there has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us; and the princely rule will come to be upon his shoulder. And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace

respectfully,

dc

• The Quiet One
  • The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

This scripture shows me that Jesus is Mighty, no mention of him being Almighty. And that he's a prince, not a King. And that if you shut your Bible, stick your fingers in your ears and sing lalala, you can ignore any other parts of it that might cause confusion. *edit* Just to be awkward, though, here's an interesting argument I found. Don't think that I agree with the logic he uses on this page, but at least its an alternative view... http://www.bibleanswerstand.org/mighty.htm FATHER = The Hebrew word is 'ab (OT: 1) and in this context it is a noun; Brown Driver & Briggs Hebrew Lexicon definitions for this word are as follows: 'ab -- OT: 1 1) The father of an individual 2) Used of God as Father of His people 3) The head or the founder of a household, a group, a family, or a clan 4) An ancestor 5) An originator or patron of a class, profession, or art 6) Used of a producer, a generator (figuratively) 7) Used of benevolence and of protection (figuratively) 8) Used as a term of respect and honor 9) A ruler or a chief (specifically) [6] I prefer #9 because it is consistent with the rest of the verse; Isaiah 9:6 seems to portray the Messiah as an authoritative ruler that has been delegated some serious decision making power. By combining the two nouns used for everlasting Father and using the context of Isaiah 9:7b which reads, “and establish it with judgment and justice from that time forward, even forever, ” we see Jesus sits on David’s throne at a certain point in time, and from that point onward establishes justice forever (Peremptory Terminus). EVERLASTING FATHER = The literal meaning would be properly rendered as, “The ruler with authority to pass on or deny access to eternal life.”

• leonbus23
  • designs
    designs

bob-

The whole point is the Bible Students have and are a completely different set of Beleifs and Religious structure so it would be like a Pentecostostal showing up at a Presbyterian Church and preaching their version of the Bible.

Part of the Public's confusion on this is the fault of the JW/Watchtower Writing Department who keep drawing a sort of Apostalic link to Russell as they do in the Proclaimer's Book. Russell was a Zionist/Dispensationalist and the JW are Limited Atonement/New Covenant theologists. Rutherford couldn't wait to drop Russell's ideas.

• bob1999
    bob1999

'Rutherford couldn't wait to drop Russell's ideas."

but he held on to 1874 for 13 years.

Peace

• bob1999
    bob1999

"This scripture shows me that Jesus is Mighty, no mention of him being Almighty."

Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
    and gave him the name that is above every name,
    10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
    in heaven and on earth and under the earth

Is a name that is above every name above the name Almighty?

Is the highest place a place lower than the place occupied by the Almighty?

Peace

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

bob1999: Thank you for bringing up Predestination. Don't forget, also, the ever popular, "Double Predestination", as believed by some strict Calvinists.

This should be good for a few pages.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit