The Trinity

by The Quiet One 163 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Think About It
    Think About It

Still Thinking- Clearly? You must mean evidently the Holy Ghost must be sitting at his left. It certainly is not nice to leave people out of something they should get equal billing for. The HG is still pissed at all the bible writers who left him out of all the heavenly shenanigans.

Think About It

• bob1999
    bob1999

I think this should put your mind at ease.

"Although the Scriptures were originally penned under the unerring guidance of the Holy Spirit, it does not follow, that a continued miracle has been wrought to preserve them from all error in transcribing. On the contrary, we know that manuscripts differ from each other; and where readings are various, but one of them can be correct. A miracle was needed in the original production of the Scriptures; and, accordingly, a miracle was wrought; but the preservation of the inspired word, in as much perfection as was necessary to answer the purpose for which it was given, did not require a miracle, and accordingly it was committed to the providence of God. Yet the providence which has preserved the divine oracles, has been special and remarkable....The consequence is, that, although the various readings found in the existing manuscripts, are numerous, we are able, in every case, to determine the correct reading, so far as is necessary for the establishment of our faith, or the direction of our practice in every important particular. So little, after all, do the copies differ from each other, that these minute differences, when viewed in contrast with their general agreement, render the fact of that agreement the more impressive, and may be said to serve, practically, rather to increase, than impair our confidence in their general correctness. Their utmost deviations do not change the direction of the line of truth; and if it seems in some points to widen the line a very little, the path that lies between their widest boundaries, is too narrow to permit us to stray. "

Please read the whole thing

http://www.bible-researcher.com/kutilek1.html

"The only English Bible translation currently in print that the writer is aware of which is based on the Westcott-Hort text is the New World Translation of the Jehovah's Witnesses."

P.S. I think it's ironic that the Westcott & Hort (the one that, at least in this verse, leans much more toward the diety of Christ) is the one the NWT is based on.

P.P.S. If you click on the link it takes you to the bottom of the page. Please scroll to the top of the page and read the whole thing. It's worth it.

Peace (Philippians 4:7)

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Any excuse that uses so many words to say so little makes me uneasy.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Interesting read bob1999....however...in the end the author of that basically said:

It doesn't matter which translator you chose to use...it comes down to comparing texts with YOUR school of thought in mind.

Soooo....if you are a person who has trinitarian belief...you will select the translation of a particular verse becuase it supports your preconceived idea. And it you are not a person who has trinitarian belief....you will select a different translation.

Soooo....take your pick...which do you prefer? Which fits better with what you want to believe?

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

The trinity is referenced in Revelation as a clue to the 666-wild beast. The 666=the trinity doctrine. That is, three gods yet one god is the same as "666", 3 numbers yet one number. The 666-beast represents Christendom. The 666 converts to "KKK" which means Christendom would be known as a racist and white supremacist organization. White supremacy is part of the ancient Mysteries and Mithraism. The triangle and the pyramid represent Satan with the seeing eye at the top, the wise eye, which is what the white nations identify with, being the top race of all. Even in evolution the idea is that the darker races are closer to the ape while the most developed race is that of the white man. Even in Nazi Germany Hitler was measuring brain sizes to prove the superiority of the white nations. Satan would use this as his most effective tool in dividing and suppressing mankind. But, of course, since the 666-beast is linked with Christendom and thus false religion, that confirms the trinity doctrine is a false doctrine. LS

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

Quiet one - Thanks for the thread we do it alot but still one of my favorites.

You'll see on page one - trying to make the arguement the "personification" of the Holy Spirit. This is a strawman arguement. Both sides attack it and both win in their own mind. The fact is the HS is often "personified" as "he" "him" or having feelings being hurt etc... However HE is never God. This issue makes no difference to me.

For me it is simple. One scripture could be wrong (either the writer or the translation) however the overall relationship is ALWAYS Father and Son. Jesus is the son of God. God is THE Father. It was given to us to understand - One gives life to the other and is superior.

Unlike JWs and others I do believe Jesus is everything his Father is. The only differences are eternity and position. That is what Father/Son means. My son is 4" taller than me and could woop my ass, but I am still the father. He is everything I am. He has my power, my intelligence, my abilities, but not my age or position. I gave life to him, but he is only inferior in position not in quality or substance.

You will not find 1 scripture - reasonably translated - that diagrees with this understanding.

Or let me know if you can.....

• Wonderment
    Wonderment

bob1999: The Holy Spirit is called God in Act 5:3-4.

And so is Satan in 2 Cor 4:4. Actually, in Acts 5:4 the holy spirit is indirectly referred to as "God." In 2 Cor 4:4, Satan is directly referred to as "the G[g]od of this world." If we were to use your argument, does 2 Cor 4:4 mean that Satan is the "God" of the universe?

• AGuest
    AGuest

Two things in life over which I must repeatedly ask "Why, Lord?":

1. Snails/slugs

2. Debates about/belief in the Trinity doctrine

I would rather eat the first than get caught up in the second.

Peace to all!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• still thinking
    still thinking

You know you love it Aguest (thats why you looked )

Snails are cute...I used to have races with them when I was a kid...mind you...i don't think they are so cute when they eat my veges....argghhhhh!

Cute or not cute......which way to go?

• AGuest
    AGuest
    You know you love it Aguest (thats why you looked )

No, actually I looked, dear ST (peace to you!), because I thought: "That AGAIN? What more can be SAID??" And so, I thought I'd give the benefit of the doubt and see if anyone had come up with anything "new" to 'splain it. Not new as in TRUE, but just, you know, another way of 'splaining it (besides the "it" vs. "him" thing).

Of course, no one has. And I'm not even going to go into it: no point, at least, not tonight. Perhaps not ever again as there just ain't no point in resurrectingTHAT "horse", IMHO. I just don't think we can beat it to any greater death that we have, over the years. Of course, I could be wrong...

So, again, peace to you, dear ST!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit