A concerned JW wrote "mistakes will happen."

by InterestedOne 225 Replies latest jw friends

• The Quiet One
  • The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

CONCERNEDJw: I have a number of questions that I'd really like to hear your views on, and I'd greatly appreciate it if you would take the time to reply to each one, simply and clearly. They do relate to the topic of mistakes, so please don't avoid them by claiming that I'm off topic. 1) Is the organisation you serve in, known as Jehovahs witnesses, Jehovahs organisation? 2) Is the organisation guided by the writings and instruction of the Faithful and Discreet Slave or their representatives, as based on the Bible, especially what is written in the Watchtower magazine? 3) Does Jehovah guide the Faithful and Discreet Slave in what is written in the Watchtower magazine and the directions and encouragement they give, or is what is written in the Watchtower just the opinions of men? 4) Have any understandings of Scripture, prophecy or otherwise, changed over the years, (or even changed back again) and been printed in the Watchtower magazine? If you reply yes to all of these questions, here's 4 more.. 5) Did Jehovah guide the Faithful and Discreet Slave in the writing of the Watchtower at the time that the (now) incorrect understandings were printed? Or does Jehovah not guide them at all times? If he was guiding them at the time, is he capable of lying to his people? 6) Would a baptised Jehovahs witness have been disfellowshipped for outwardly disagreeing with an understanding that was viewed by the Faithful and Discreet Slave as wrong at the time, but is now viewed by them as correct? 7) If the Faithful and Discreet Slave's current (and now surely correct) understanding of the Scripture, (that the prior mentioned Witness had told someone that he thought it to be a more correct understanding) , is guided by Jehovah, why would Jehovah want someone to be disfellowshipped for trying to tell someone about a more correct understanding, if Jehovah agreed with the understanding? Finally, is the organisation you obey directed by Jehovah at all times or are you merely following the direction of men who are not directed by Jehovah, and who make mistakes? Just something to think about. Thank you in advance for your replies.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Concernedjw- Just in case you try to dodge any of the questions, feel free to change the word Jehovah to Jesus at any point, as he is the reigning King, isn't he? Just so that you don't reply that "no, Jesus is directing the organisation at this time", missing the point of the question. I'm not going back over the post and putting Jehovah/Jesus, but you have my permission to exchange those names if it means you will still answer the question. Thanks.

• sizemik
    sizemik

@TQO and @InterestedOne . . . I would like to see your questions addressed also, however . . .

Do not be suprised if Concerned JW bows out at this stage. He hasn't posted for 14 hours. It was at about that time he was given a link to an interview with the author of "Mistakes Were Made (But Not By Me)" . . . a very comprehensive but simple treatise of cognitive dissonance and confirmation bias. I hold on to the hope that he actually listened to it . . . for if he actually did, he will be undergoing a profound awakening and may be away for a while. I realise this is optimistic . . . but I got the feeling he was reasonably sincere. If and when he returns . . . we will know for sure.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

CJW seems to have 'missed' more than one question.

IE - What is your position in the congregation?

I'm of the opinion CJW may not be all she/he seems.......especially posting here too.

• sizemik
    sizemik

punkofnice . . . my gut feeling says you're right. My extremely good nature gives the benefit of the doubt.

Usually my gut is right tho.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

CJW is probably one of the GB having fun on his free i-pad!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

If CJW is anything like my Dubs, it'll give you some time to forget it's last encounter and then start preaching something it doesn't know is fraught with similar problems.

• life is to short
  • discreetslave
    discreetslave

I've told CJW to stop sending me a PM like most JW's he's not listening. This is what he had to say regarding JW's & mind control

You can quote mind-control stuff but it simply doesn't apply. It's like trying to make a square peg fit into a round hole. We as witnesses have explicit biblical beliefs for anyone to see and read. There is no mind-control. That is a very weak argument from this site.

CJW this is not the site for you. If you want a discussion regarding JW's & the Bible check out some of these other sites.

4jehovah.org

towerwatch.org

paradisecafediscussions.net

e-watchman.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit