A concerned JW wrote "mistakes will happen."

by InterestedOne 225 Replies latest jw friends

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

Promoting a certain date which eventually turns out wrong is one thing.

Giving medical advice which can seriously put another human being's health and life in danger is another... I have no idea how a JW can reconcile the statements below from WT publications:

"Vaccination is a direct violation of the everlasting covenant that God made with Noah after the flood."

"Sustaining one's life by means of the body or part of the body of another human ... would be cannibalism, a practice abhorrent to all civilized people."

The sad fact is the Society has blood on its hands when these medical practices were considered a "direct violation" of God's laws. The Bible never mentions organ transplants or vaccines. So why endanger someone's life by "going beyond what's written"?

The arbitrary stance for blood transfusions just shows these rules aren't scriptural. There's no mention of blood fractions in the Bible so they're apparently okay now. The Bible doesn't mention plasma, WBC, RBC, platelets either...why aren't these okay?

Has the Watchtower Society ever assumed responsibility for these "mistakes"? I'm talking specifically about wacky medical advice and lost lives.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

More dry-humping of 1975...

"The fact that fifty-four years of the period called the "last days" have already gone by is highly significant. It means that only a few years, at most, remain before the corrrupt system of things dominating the earthy is destroyed by God." ***October 8, 1968 Awake, p. 13 - What Will the 1970's Bring?***

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Or try reading Studies in the Scriptures volumes maybe. I recommend volume 2, it helped convince me that though sincere C.T.Russell was totally and hopelessly WRONG about 1914.

Nothing he said would happen by 1914 happened. He had PROOF he said and presented it fully, scriptual TRUTHS he said, he even PROVED it mathematically FFS!! But reading it with the wonderful thing called hindsight in 2008 I could SEE it was all a crock of shit.

Old light? No, it's still the BASIS of the JW religion and it don't add up to diddly squat.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    It means that only a few years, at most, remain before the corrrupt system of things dominating the earthy is destroyed by God." ***October 8, 1968 Awake, p. 13 - What Will the 1970's Bring?***

Yes but, no but, yes but, no but...it don't say ARMAGEDDON!

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

So God's spirit directed organization, the bastion of light and truth, predicted in the Fall of 1968, that this system of things would be toast in a few years. A few years after 1968........ a few years after 1968.........a few years after 1968..........a few years after 1968..............a few years after 1968............

Maybe the meaning of a few years has different meanings too? Sort of like "This Generation" meaning overlapping generations..........

• bohm
    bohm

Concerned JW: Just curious, have you previously posted here under another user name?

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

I'm sure some member of the writing committee got a wet spot on his pants whilst writing this article:

"Yes, since the summer of 1973 there have been new peaks in pioneers every month. Now there are 20,394 regular and special pioneers in the United States, an all-time peak. That is 5,190 more than there were in February 1973! A 34-percent increase! Does that not warm our hearts? Reports are heard of brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world's end."

Kingdom Ministry May 1974 p.3 How Are You Using Your Life?

• Stealth
    Stealth

SBC,

Good points, and as they bragged of the all-time peaks in publishers & Pioneers in the years prior to 1975, the flip side is the mass exidous that took place in the years following 1975. These are statistics the prove the culpability of the governing body in the whole 1975 fiasco.

I seem to also remember a KM that made a statement of 'Months NOT years' left in this system. Can someone provide that quote if my memory is correct?

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Concerned JW, if you don't mind me re-asking, were you a born-in? And were you an adult member prior to 1975? I'm not going to use this information to bash you, I'm just trying to put myself in your shoes.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Concerned, what I was saying is that the WTBTS dry-humped the shit out of 1975 without penetrating because they remembered when they popped 1925's cherry and got busted. Is that clear enough?

Man, but that's a great analogy.

Carry on. I think that OUTLAW has a good point - ie. a bad example is just as useful for learning as a good one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit