A concerned JW wrote "mistakes will happen."

by InterestedOne 225 Replies latest jw friends

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    Sweetbabycheezits a yes or no answer doesn't stop the question being loaded. "have you beaten your wife lately" only requires "yes" or "no" but answering the question with either means the man is admitting to beating his wife.

Very good, that is a loaded question.

My questions are only "loaded" inasmuch as the WTBTS's condemnations and excuses allow for a double standard, which you cannot admit. Throughout this thread, we've more than covered the basis for the question and the choices.

The Watchtower Society made two contradicting statements, putting its followers in a precarious situation, and now I'm asking you to pick a horse and ride it.

Again, we've established that the WTBTS has made bad predictions in the past and even half-assedly admitted it:

Jehovah’s Witnesses, in their eagerness for Jesus’ second coming, have suggested dates that turned out to be incorrect. *** g93 3/22 3-4 Why So Many False Alarms? ***
    It is easy for the established churches of Christendom and other people to criticize Jehovah’s Witnesses because their publications have, at times, stated that certain things could take place on certain dates.*** w84 12/1 18 Keep Ready! ***

And then you have these two contradicting statements about organizations that make bad predictions:

"True, there have been those in times past who predicted an "end to the world," even announcing a specific date..... Yet nothing happened. The "end" did not come. They were guilty of false prophesying. Why? What was missing? ? Missing was the full measure of evidence required in fulfillment of Bible prophecy. Missing from such people were God's truths and the evidence that he was guiding and using them." ***Awake! 1968 Oct. 8 p.23 - A Time to Lift Up Your Head in Confident Hope***
    "It is easy for the established churches of Christendom and other people to criticize Jehovah’s Witnesses because their publications have, at times, stated that certain things could take place on certain dates. But is not such line of action in harmony with Christ’s injunction to “keep on the watch”?" *** w84 12/1 18 Keep Ready! ***

One of these statements condemns, the other commends. Take your pick.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Very sorry, I obviously meant Governing Body.

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

Great post # 1854 and question SBC! The argument is unchallengeable, I don't know if you'll get any feedback though...

• factfinder
    factfinder

Excellent SweetBabyCheezits! But, really- CJW will not give you a direct answer.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Cjw last sighted over 20 mins ago commenting on the unthank case in the scandals section. Probably not coming back...

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

CJW said I challenge you to find any religion... (including yourselves if you like) that are perfect and mistake free.

Exactly ... Which means you're admitting that JWs are really no different than any other religion. Congratulations, you're making progress. Your first step was coming on to this and posting, against the religion's rules.

Personally, I must say, your disobedience to your leaders is refreshing (despite the fact that you have very familiar mannerisms to past posters that keep changing their avatars, i.e. I think we've seen you before).

No matter how you spin it, and no matter what kind of excuse you give yourself, your presence is exactly the same as you saying this:

'Dear GB, I don't believe everything you tell me, especially, in this case, when it comes to your authority. I believe you are wrong to tell your followers not to come online and associate with disfellowshipped members and apostates. I don't think the elders made a sincere effort to help them and I don't think you make a good effort to help them either; so... I willfully dismiss your instructions about association with apostates and disfellowshiped ones. Not only am I going to say a lot more than 'hello', but I'm going to engage in lengthy discussions with them. And I'm going to do it publicly so that the world and many other active Jehovah's Witnesses can see that I, an active Jehovah's Witness, thinks the Watchtower and it's leaders are not doing things right.'

For that, we thank you.

In the meantime your silence on important questions that have been asked to you is the confirmation that many lurking JWs need to see in order to move forward and beyond the religion. Your refusal to answer many important questions regarding serious problems with this religion mimics the silence from the WT leaders. Which basically is the same as saying 'hey we know this religion is seriously messed up, but to admit that would only lead to making changes that would cause the GB to relinquish the control they exert over millions.'

And hey - that just wont happen. Can you imagine the GB actually being asked apologize for being wrong about the blood issue.

Here's their response, which by the way is my response to your silly posts :

- but still glad you're here in a beautiful act of defiance.

• Concerned JW
    Concerned JW

Sweetbabycheezits we have been given the ability to tell the truth from the false that is not condemnation (the word you use and doesn't appear in any of the articles you quote)

Times for prophetic events (not including Armageddon) drawn from bible Chronology is a lot different from saying You have had a divine revelation that Armageddon will happen on a specific date.

justnfrombethel we are all imperfect that is all I am admitting too. The measure for true or false religions is not based on our imperfection but something entirely different.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    ConcernedJW: we have been given the ability to tell the truth from the false that is not condemnation (the word you use and doesn't appear in any of the articles you quote)
    con·demn /k?n'dem/ Verb

1. Express complete disapproval of, typically in public; censure. So you're saying that when the Watchtower "exposes" a particular church of Christendom as being false, that doesn't mean they're expressing their disapproval publicly? What about phrase "religion is a snare and a racket?" I think you're full of it but just to cater to your needs, let's cast aside the word "condemnation" and just go with your notion that your people were "given the ability to tell the truth from the false." According to the WTBTS, how should we view an organization that makes bad predictions regarding Bible prophecy? As a true religion or a false one?

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    ConcernedJW: Times for prophetic events (not including Armageddon) drawn from bible Chronology is a lot different from saying You have had a divine revelation that Armageddon will happen on a specific date.

Not including Armageddon?? What were they expecting in 1975, a parade?

You are just as weasely as your Governing Body.

JNFB, most excellent post!

• factfinder
    factfinder

just n from bethel- good post!

Concerned JW- my jw brother won't even use the internet let alone go to sights the KM has warned witnesses not to visit. You are doing just as just n from bethel wrote- I guess you feel that way, huh? Why do you justify your leaders when you flat out disobey them? When I was a witness ( I stopped going to meetings in 2005- have been inactive since 2007) there is no way I would have come to a forum like jwn! After all, the GB condemns it! But you don't care what the gb says about it-good! You should think for yourself.

But you keep avoiding answering the questions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit