Why Some Cannot "See" that the Bible is NOT the Word of God

by AGuest 98 Replies latest jw friends

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear AGuest...

you said: " I've asked you numerous times to NOT PM me but post whatever you have to say to ME on the board. You have continually disregarded that request... NOT because you're being honest OR discreet (ummmm... THAT boat sailed when you publicly stated that my Lord is a demon - what in the WORLD is the point of trying to be "discreet" after that??)... but because you THINK you are "saving" me from "embarassment" in front of others... because you are "right" and I am "wrong.""...

I recall that you asked me to not PM you once or twice several months ago regarding another topic up for discussion. Why do YOU need to have all of our discussions in public?...are YOU grandstanding?

love michelle

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I recall that you asked me to not PM you once or twice several months ago regarding another topic up for discussion.

No, it was as to ALL topics. I specifically asked you not to PM me, at all.

Why do YOU need to have all of our discussions in public?...

As I stated: "because (1) [you] will post on the board I posted responses/statements to [you] via PM that I did not, so that (2) there's one "Michelle" on the board... and another behind the scenes PM'ing me." Which, as I stated, "I think [is] deceitful because it doesn't allow others... who see the one side... to see ALL sides." Why do YOU need to have them privately?

are YOU grandstanding?

See, this is what I mean, blessing and cursing from the same mouth: "Love, Michelle"... "the one speaking to YOU is a demon"... "I'm trying to be honest and discreet?"... "are YOU grandstanding?" So much "love" (which supposedly doesn't look out for its OWN interest, right?)... but total disregard for my request NOT to PM me but keep whatever discussions you feel we need to have on the open board... because YOU are the one with the tendency to "twist" things.

And no, I'm not grandstanding, Michelle. I would actually prefer that you and I don't communicate at all, given YOUR position on who it is that speaks to me... and because I always have to be brutally honest with you, as a result. And, because I know you still won't get it... and whatever hope I ever had that you MIGHT/WOULD... is now so remote, that... well... (but JAH shows mercy to whomever HE wishes to show it and so there is always hope...).

But the bottom line is that I have nothing to hide when it comes to discussions with you and so, again, I will ONLY address you publicly.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear AGuest...

the last (and only other) time you went hysterical with me about PM's, I'm sure I posted that PM publicly. that was the one about how I thought you had a demon...if you recall?

so what's this about?

"As I stated: "because (1) [you] will post on the board I posted responses/statements to [you] via PM that I did not,"

love michelle

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

Aguest - Thanks for your exhaustive responses. It is obvious you put a lot of thought and feeling into your coments.

First - I do not think the law is the revealed God. Just an idea in science. The difference between a creator who started things and let us be and a god who "reveals" himself. Just that the law would be the "revelation" of God to Israel. Just the difference between "intelligent design" and God.

Second - "Adoption" of Christ is one of the early rejected "heresies". Basically Jesus was born a normal man but adopted to be the son of god. Either in utero or not. It suggests He did not have a pre-human existance. The first Gospel written - Mark - has no mention of a pre-homen existance. It seems to be a later development in scripture. Jesus as a human was "adopted" at his baptism to be the Christ or appointed one. There are scriptures that suggest otherwise, but I don't know what to think of scriptures since they conflict and have been changed.

Thanks

• Farkel
    Farkel

Shel,

We simply need to work together on minimizing your wind-bagging. You need to cut out at least 75% of your words and crystalize your messages. That is one of the hardest things for a writer to do. Re-write. Re-write. Re-write. All of the great writing communicators say this. All of my wind-bagging articles are avoided by readers like the 10 plagues. I know. I've learned from that. Today, the attention span of readers is not much longer than a flea-fart. (Flea-farts are very short. They are so short, even fleas at the breakfast table can't smell them.)

More words is not necessarily better. A genuinely powerful message doesn't need a lot of back-up and justification. People don't read long stuff anymore, no matter how good it is. People read stuff when it is succinct. Less is better when powerfully composed. People are used to tweets, not treatises. A lot of people are lazy these days.

Your braddah,

Farkel

• AGuest
    AGuest

Ah, dear Daddy-O… the greatest of love and peace to you, dear one! I hear you, my dear, truly. And of course, you’re probably right, that most (perhaps including you) won’t/don’t read my long “treatises”. Thing is, I’m probably not the first that this has happened to. I mean, it’s quite possible that that’s what happened to Israel in the first place (well, after crossing the Jordan): they considered the “scriptures” (Moses, the Prophets, and the Psalms) too onerous to read (‘cause Lord knows, some of those were literally books in their own right!)… and so didn’t even bother after awhile. I certainly don’t doubt that it’s what occurred after the Apostles died (someone stepped up and said, “Christ said this and Paul meant that…” when in fact they hadn’t… but it would have taken too much for a person to actually read what either was supposed to have said or meant for themselves – way too much, there. So, heck, why NOT rely on what others SAY they said/meant, even if they were lying?

It certainly is the problem in the WTBTS, isn’t it? Very few THERE actually read what they attempt to “sell” to others. Many, many more would probably come out, though, if they actually did. I digress.

I dunno know, D. I mean, sometimes I would LOVE to be short, sweet, and to the point… but that’s really not my way or style. And, on a few occasions, I am lengthy so as to work out what’s in ME… including my own “urge” to just blow someone’s hair back with a few curt words. Can’t do that, though; not my Lord’s way.

But I don’t have a problem that many/most don’t read what I post, really. I mean, some people like Haiku… some prefer sonnets. Some don’t like poetry at all, though, and so perhaps someone like William Shakespeare doesn’t appeal to them. But I love old Will; I GET him, so…

Look, I am more than happy to say to anyone who is “listening”… DON’T listen if you don’t WANT to. I mean, ‘cause I get it: it’s not for EVERYONE. But my understanding is that it isn’t meant to be, anyway.

May I offer something that my Lord had me share with another close to 15 years ago? That one wanted to get to straight to the end, where he believed there was a large gem waiting for those to who did. And… there is. However, I was told to ask him: “Is it truly wise, though, to pass up the plethora of small gems on the way… in the pursuit of that one sole gem?”

I think I would sum it up in the words of children’s writer, E. L. Koningsburg (or whomever she plucked it from):

“Often times the search… proves MORE profitable… than the goal.”

Which has been true… for ME: often times it is the small, even tiny gems… which add up… that have just as much value, or even more… than the one large one at the end.

So, I hear you, my dear friend… and totally understand and appreciate your effort to help. Truly, I do. Just not sure if I can comply, is all. Hope you understand… and take no offense.

As always, the greatest of love and peace to you!

YOUR servant, friend, and a slave of Christ,

SA, who really isn’t “above” constructive criticism, truly… but is, well, aware of, but content, with her “flaws” in this particular regard…

• The Quiet One
  • The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Shelby: I always read through long posts, unless they're total drivel, which yours don't seem to be. Just keep being yourself, if people can't be bothered reading all of what you have to say, then it's either their loss or nobody's loss (seeing that you so clearly enjoy expressing yourself in your long-winded fashion), depending on how you look at it. I had trouble understanding you at first, but I'm becoming accustomed to your style of writing. Watchtower comments are expected to be over and done with in 30 seconds or less, but here there's no such restriction. Your comforting words helped me when I first posted here at JWN, even if you came across as a bit overenthusiastic, and I won't forget that. Hope you are well.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Greetings, dear QO... and the greatest of love and peace to you! I AM well... and I thank you, kindly, for YOUR kind words! What some don't realize is the plethora of PMs/emails that I DO get... asking me not to change a thing. While I get that some (even those who love me) find my posts onerous (and, yes, I am verbose, er, long-winded - , sorry!)... others say they look forward to them (some say they are virtually the only ones they read - I hope not, though, as there is a LOT of "good stuff" on this board, even unrelated to God/Christ/the Bible).

Dear Farkel (again, peace to you, Daddy-O!) knows me (personally) and so was only trying to help... as others have... and so I know it comes from a good place (as I'm sure you do, too!). As I said, though, I am able to accept and continue to live with some of my flaws, my verbosity being one of them.

But thank YOU, dear one, truly... and please know that I truly appreciate your love... and support.

Again, peace to you... and may JAH bless!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Word, Farkel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit