Why Some Cannot "See" that the Bible is NOT the Word of God

by AGuest 98 Replies latest jw friends

• MrDarkKnight
    MrDarkKnight

AGuest - I read your posts with fascination. I have been troubled over the years with the teaching the Bible was the unaltered word of God. I just found that to be completely unbelievable. It just seems to me that God would at some point communicate to us in a way that would leave no doubt. In my 38 years as a JW I never really believed I was praying to anyone who really listened. I wanted to believe and I did not in fits and starts, but I have been a person that really relied on God as we were taught to do. The good and the bad that has happened in my life was a direct result of my decisions, not God. Now I am struggling with what do about my belief in God. What do you suggest?

Just so I am clear, How is he communicating with mankind today? How do I know that he is communicating with me?

• AGuest
    AGuest

Greetings, dear Dark Knight, and peace to you! You are absolutely correct to say that your life has been the result of YOUR choices! You are TRUTHFUL! HOW refreshing! I am permitted to respond directly to your questions, dear one. The word of my Lord to you is that you are struggling because your "house" was built upon sand... and not upon the rock-mass. That rock[mass] is NOT Peter (as some falsely teach)... or the teachings of Paul (who some follow)... or the Bible (which some worship and call "the Word of God.")). Christ is that Rock, dear one (1 Cor. 10:4)... and it is upon HIM... and FAITH IN HIM... that his "church", the Congregation of the Firstborn... his BODY... God's "temple"... is built. Just as the temple of Jerusalem was built on the rock, Mt. Horeb. Without faith in HIM... yes, your faith in God is subject to "attack"... even "shipwreck." And that is what you are experiencing: the "storm" that threatens to devastate YOUR "house". But... the storm does not have to overcome you - indeed, YOU can conquer... simply by LISTENING to the Word of God when he speaks to YOU. To start, you must remember that he who is faithful in what is LEAST... is faithful... in MUCH. For example, Christ doesn't ask us to sacrifice OUR bodies for HIM; yet, he does tell us to put faith in HIM... by eating his flesh and drinking HIS blood, which HE sacrificed for us. Yet, so MANY... out of fear... or a LACK of faith refuse to do this. Or, if they it, refuse to obey his law... of love: for brother, neighbor, strangers... ENEMIES... self... and thus for HIM... and so for God. Negating such declaration of faith. The Most Holy One of Israel doesn't want your loyalty out of obligation, dear one; that was the prescription of the OLD Law. NOW... it must be out of LOVE. Not love of the "agape" sort, though; you know, the general kind. But love based on KNOWLEDGE of the one you love. And the ONLY way to know God... is to know Christ. And THAT starts with listening to him. NOT listening to what others say ABOUT him, including me, your servant... but TO HIM. Which requires faith. And, again, that starts with obeying the LEAST things... which shows you're capable of being faithful as to GREATER things. Today...the MOST Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies, speaks to us by means of a Son. HIS Son... the HOLY One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH... the WORD OF GOD... who is ALIVE and speaks "from the heavens." (proverbs John 10:27, 14:23; Romans 8:9, 10). His voice it to the sons of mankin. May you be given ears to hear and get the sense of these truths, dear MDK, if you so wish them. Indeed, may such ears be granted you so that you, too, will hear... and OBEY (John 14:23)... when the Spirit and the Bride say to YOU: "Come! Take 'life's water'... FREE!" The MOST Holy (One of Israel) AND the HOLY (One of Israel)... are IN the "temple"... NEW Jerusalem, dear one (Rev. 21 YOUR servant and a slave of Christ, SA

• visitor 525
    visitor 525

new here and find this sight very interesting just so you no up front i am a follower of Jesus Christ and attend a local church on a regular basis.

i have been studying the book of Acts and the journey of Paul ( use to call him apostal paul but this topic has opened my eyes to see that is not correct!! thxs)

Is the Bible the word of God? I believe it is. Has some of it's meaning been lost through translation? I believe so. that is why the Holy Spirit is so important.

I just returned from a mission trip in Ghana West Africa. This was my second trip over there. my eyes were opened to many things on this last trip that i did not see on my first trip. The biggest thing that God showed me was that we need to quit doing everything (money wise) for these people. what i mean was we were spending large amounts of money to give them bibles, build church buildings, buy drums, etc. which is not necessarly a bad thing but by doing this we were in no way teaching them to depend on the holy spirit.

When the church was first being established they didn't have the bible to read or big fancy buildings to meet in, so how did they learn about God? how did the church grow? where did the knowledge of Christ come from? Through pray by asking God to give them his wisdom and to teach them His ways and he did this through the Holy Spirit. Do I know all there is to know about the Holy Spirit? Absolutly not we must always be willing to learn and be willing to be taught.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Welcome and please forgive my forthrightness, dear V525 Ypeace to you!), but % am compelled to ask: how many of those buildings and Bibles can those dear people eat? How many buildings did Christ put up and how many Bibles did HE give out? The Apostles? Why not just feed them... and perhaps share with them the FREE gift... of holy spirit... by means of which Christ, the Holy Spirit can teach them HIMSELF? Why give them yet another burden... a building that must be maintained (at SOME cost)... when God does not dwell IN handmade temples (buildings)... but COULD dwell in THEM? Besides perhaps food, shelter, and clothing... some of which the cost of a building and Bibles could offset... what else do they NEED? If they have holy spirit... how are Bibles of any benefit to THEM? Does not the anointing from the HOLY SPIRIT teach them? The Bibles you're giving them says it does. What do YOU say? I am not trying to discredit YOUR good intentions and efforts... but I would be lying to you if I said they weren't misplaced and the result of YOU having been misled. Whatever it was that you shared with these people didn't need a building... or a Bible to do. Because neither God... nor Christ, the Holy Spirit... need such things to lead their sheep. The anointing... and Christ's voice... are sufficient. I do realize that based on what you believe you "know", you are most probably going to disagree, perhaps even take issue with what I've stated. I must caution you, though, that if you're to use the Bible to do it... and look to it for support... you should consider (1) actually reading it (although, without holy spirit it's not likely that you will grasp much truth from it or about it), so that (2) you can quote... and accurately explain... more than John 1:1. Which appears to be all whole lot of you "evangelical" types seem to be able to do. A whole LOT more than that is in there, though, a lot of which is inaccurate, if not downright false... and certainly mistranslated, mistransliterated, misapplied... and misconstrued. But again, peace to you, welcome, and feel free to sit a spell! A slave of Christ, SA

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Sigh. I try so hard to be respectful. It is difficult for me to know what you are talking about underneath the Household God of Israel jumbo. Scripture is considered to be the Word of God. I don't think many believe it literally. The Bible stories are meaninful to us because God is revealed to us through scripture. John 1 talks of the Logos, a creative force of God.

• visitor 525
    visitor 525

AGuest I think you should re-read my post

I went to Africa to give these people material things and through the annointing of the HS He showed me that material things are not what they need bibles would do them no good if they do not understand what they are reading.

I was simply expressing the same point you just made which is that without the Holy Spirit we can do nothing for Christ.

You stated that they don't need buildings or bibles to learn about God (I agree) that they need the annointing of the HS. In your oppinion how do they recieve this annointing?

• visitor 525
    visitor 525

i agree band

aguest can be hard to understand

• LV101
    LV101

I agree also BOTR. I get the gist of what shelby is saying but i really think one needs God's word. Does the HS tell one to love their enemy, do good to those who hate you. we're born/endowed knowing much right/wrong but it's our normal inclination to hate evil or those who hurt us (just giving one example). I've always believed in God but really needed to read/reflect on God's words that are contrary to normal reaction.

• moshe
    moshe
    @AGuest- they attend "temple". Who officiates... and by what authority

Orthodox Jews go to a Synagogue, Reform and most Conservative Jews go to a Temple. The former are waiting for the Temple in Jerusalem to open back up for business- the latter know better and their local meeting place is their "temple".

Rabbi's are not priests. I used to be a Christian, then a JW, then a back to regular Christian churches and then I converted to Judaism. I can't begin to explain where your ideas have gone off track, but it all starts with a false idea of what happened in Eden. The Torah is the Jew's book and the New Testament is your book. That being said, the Jews don't presume to tell Christians what their books mean, but some smarmy Christians have the audacity to tell the Jews what their Torah teaches.

The Ten tribes were dispersed long ago and maybe you have some of their dna in you, as I have discovered I have the same Y dna as some modern day Samaritan Jews in Israel. I have been following your posts for a long time and if anyone ever wished they could wear a priest's robe, with all it's attendant authority, it is you.

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

Not to be on topic here about the bible ,,,, but..

I have long felt that Christians put an unreasonable demand on the Bible. They often say it is the Word of God, it is inspired, it is infallable. The scriptures themselves DO NOT MAKE THIS CLAIM. The opinion of one man writing a letter to his friend Timothy is the basis of this nonsense. I think Paul was a man trying to do his best, however he nowhere claims HIS writings are inspired scripture. Luke was writing a history that he had to gather from other sources hell - he told us he was NOT inspired. (Luke and Acts). The ONLY NT book that claims inspiration is Revelation..... a book written 60,70, 100 years after Christ died? In the very first Scripture list is was given the same place as the Apocalypse of Peter. (Muratorian fragment c. 100a.d.) In 100 they didn't HAVE a bible. "The Shepherd of Hermes" was a more accepted book than many they accept today.

For me the beleif goes - Creator provides spark of life and conciousness of man. Something the Genesis account represents VERY loosely. Beyond that - I think it is possible - even Likely that the law was from God or at least created under his influence. Thus the revealed god.

Was Jesus a heavenly personage transfered to human life or a man adopted to be THE son of God? Not sure - evidence is lacking. If Jesus spoke to me directly would I even know it? Would I go get medicated as a psychotic or would I think I was chosen? Not sure honestly.

Guess it is all part of the Journey but I would love some input Shelby.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit