Why Some Cannot "See" that the Bible is NOT the Word of God

by AGuest 98 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe
    Why does the Bible only exist in fragment form and not a complete set of books?

When I read the story of how King Josiah's priests found the missing scolls of the law ( 2 Kings 22-23), well, something always seemed fishy to me. The actual Temple wasn't that big and the scolls are not small or common. It just never rang true that it went missing. I suspect that some changes/additions were made by the priests to modernize the law for their day, so that King Josiah could institute his reforms.

• designs
    designs

Shelby v Michelle Game ON!

moshe- do you think the Repatriation to their Homeland was part of their mea culpa and first Reformation

• LV101
    LV101

LOVE this thread (thanks/apreciate, Shelby) and being of the group longing the hope in the NT, it's difficult to accept (no matter our doubts about the Bible) and to rely solely on holy spirit to teach --- Shelby has a lot of faith/muscle in this capacity but obviously through much study. I know of few Bible readers and fewer who follow the leaning of the HS. So the long and short is love/mercy and faith the HS will guide us thru Christ and forget about Bible study other than for one's own awareness/knowledge of the book's characters, story line.

• sabastious
    sabastious

AGuest, within your belief system, is it possible for God to learn?

-Sab

• LV101
    LV101

Shelby --- if it's not God's word where does the info about the holy spirit and love/mercy/grace come from --- the clear, blue, sky. it's hard to draw the line in the sand even acknowledging the fact of translation manipulation/error. quite an endeavor to know what to accept, edit, for one's belief system.

I do accept the desire (fantasies, whatever) of wanting to believe it's something from God.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    dear AGuest...
    the demon that clings to you is BOUND to the written word of God from genesis to revelation...and each time you use the bible to teach anything
    it is a gentle REBUKE to you in the name of Jesus Christ...matthew 16:19.....love michelle

I`m Agnostic..But..I do have a few Questions..

1) ..As someone Claiming to be a Christian..

You start out Extremely Derogatory and Hateful..Why?

It`s very UnChristian Like..

2)..It`s obvious you Recognise the Bible as the Word and the Law..

Jesus gets the Back Seat..

You ignore Jesus as the New Law..You Ignore Jesus as the Last word..

Why even Pretend to be a Christian,when you don`t Exclusively follow Jesus?..

3)..Why "Love Michelle" at the end of your post,when it`s Obvious your Hateful?..

Your expression of Love,is a Lie..We all know who the "Father of the Lie" is..

4)..Even as an Agnostic..

I can understand Shelby perfectly..Her`s is a message of Love..

You are a Toxic Pool of Hate..Sealed with a Kiss..

Why is it I can understand Shelby`s "Message of Jesus and Love" ..

While you can`t ?..

..................................................................................

If there is a Satan and a Jesus..

I think Your Working for the Wrong Guy..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

"Shelby v Michelle Game ON!"

Ah yes indeed! You should face each other in the arena and settle your dispute once and for all.

A trident and net against a gladius and shield.

Peace and may your gods go with you and Caesar be merciful

• sabastious
    sabastious
    the demon that clings to you is BOUND to the written word of God from genesis to revelation...and each time you use the bible to teach anything it is a gentle REBUKE to you in the name of Jesus Christ...matthew 16:19

I don't think one scripture in the Bible is an adequate reference for that outrageous comment.

-Sab

• moshe
    moshe
    moshe- do you think the Repatriation to their Homeland was part of their mea culpa and first Reformation

I is obvious to me, that when the Jews took back there homeland in modern times, they did so with their human might, not miraculous help from heaven. The holocaust cured Jews of waiting on G-d in faith to make things right.

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you all have peace! There is a lot to comment on/respond to but will have to wait a bit. I would like to ask dear Moshe, though, if I may (peace to you!): how is the Jews "took back" their homeland? It was given them, was it not, by resolution of other countries, spearheaded by the USA? Also, since Israel consists of TWELVE tribes, not just two... what really is this indicative of (as to help from heaven or a lack thereof)? Why, pray someone tell... are the other 10 tribes always overlooked... as if there is none other than the Jews? And if the Jews ARE in fact... ummmmm... contrite... as to THEIR culpabilities... why do they not do as was done to THEM... and restore their brothers... the other 10 tribes... to THEIR homelands? The Jews weren't given ALL of Israel but only JUDEA. What of the land given to Joseph? Issachar? The others? And if there IS NO GOD... by what "right" do they lay claim... in the first place? Supposedly, it is their land... from Abraham... which God gave to HIM, yes? Jacob had 12 sons, dear one, not one (Judah) or two (Benjamin). And according even to THEIR Law ("Moses")... priests are only supposed to come from LEVI - yet, they attend "temple". Who officiates... and by what authority? I get it that many/most Jews no longer believe in/depend on/or wait on God. But isn't that position, while claiming your land to have been granted directly "BY God" a contradiction? Just curious... Again, peace to you all! A slave of Christ, SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit