What is the most offensive/idiotic piece of WT literature you've read from the past 20 years (approximately)?

by Chemical Emotions 74 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• godrulz
    godrulz

Why is the sky blue? What is the meaning of life? How is the weather in Florida?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Miz, I don't think ANY "experiences" in the Watchtower are true. They are an amalgam of several experiences overlaid with whatever point the Borg is trying to make.

Here are the parts of that story that are probably true:

There is presently a young woman pioneering in Ethiopia

She got good grades in school

Someone heard something about a job that pays pretty well

Colleges exist

• ranmac
    ranmac

I like this line in the December 15 2010 WT, "If you were thrown into prison, how many kingdom songs would you be able to sing from memory?"

If I was sharing a cell with a violent sodomite, my biggest concern would be that I couldnt remember the words to "Shulamite Maiden."

• Sulla
    Sulla

Yeah, great suggestions, all of these. And there is a real embarrassment of riches when it comes to bizarre JW comments in the literature. Still, I have to go with "overlapping generations." It tastes like bullshit even for those who rather like the taste of bullshit. I recall having a discussion with a JW a couple years back. He was important enough to have advance information on this new light. I honestly couldn't believe what I was hearing when he laid it out. This one is just naked nonsense, and I think even the real JWs know it.

• godrulz
    godrulz

If I asked a JW about 1914, could they explain this new light? Do they believe it without understanding it? I can give them a chart with 15 changes on the subject. What if they changed the blood issue (won't because of lawsuits?). Trusting God is a rock. Trusting man is fatally foolish.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

godrulz, I would guess that fewer than 50% of JWs would be able to explain the overlap doctrine in the "correct" way the Borg has articulated it.

The different types of "wrong" you get might range from people still believing the OLD light from the 70s and 80s, or the ridiculous new light change from 1995 (fewer than 5% IMO EVER accepted this), to people who use the word "overlap" but still don't really lay it out the way the Borg wants them to.

• godrulz
    godrulz

What was version 1995.0 again? This seems like core WT doctrine to me. If I knew they have changed 15x, it would undermine my confidance. For a Christian, it is an irrelevant issue, just moot/academic (1914 is not objectively of prophetic significance from a biblical point of view- newsflash; neither are the WT conventions prophesied in Revelation?! Cmon!?).

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Yeah... Can ANYONE explain to me the "overlapping gen."? I mean, c'mon... Please. How can anyone buy that load of crap?

I remember that "Jws and School" book, a little. That freaked the sh*t out of me. I thought school was practically evil.

Does anyone know if they still recomend it?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

NO ROOM FOR GEORGE /MAD SWEENEY - yeah this "experience" in today's WT was a real hum-dinger...

In fact, last night my wife says to me, "There's an experience in tomorrow's WT you're not going to like. I didn't like it."

I replied, "Oh, the one about the Ethiopian who threw away her life to pioneer?"

"Thats the one."

Today, I took French leave as the WT started - I knew I would scream.

My wife later reported how the conductor painfully labored over this paragraph.

She said, "I think they make some of these experinces up."

There is hope....

• MrDarkKnight
    MrDarkKnight

The School and Jehovah's Witnesses Brochure no longer used.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit