What is the most offensive/idiotic piece of WT literature you've read from the past 20 years (approximately)?

by Chemical Emotions 74 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

My wife later reported how the conductor painfully labored over this paragraph.

She said, "I think they make some of these experinces up."

There is hope....

I don't know what your situation is, but it appears your wife is awakening. At our meeting today, the conductor did the same thing, it was sickening. One of the brothers on the Service Committee made a long winded comment about how some of our youth are more concerned with theocratic and spritual goals and have chosen the finer things in life by pioneering. It was offensive and irresponsible considering this job market today. I wanted to grab the microphone and talk about how many young people we've lost in the past two decades because of these retarded asinine articles. By the way, did you notice how they attempted to correlate higher education and making a decent living with wickedness and greed? Those paragraphs would lead one to conclude that its ok to rape infants so long as you don't attend a university and get a job earning upper working class and middle clase wages.

• ziddina
    ziddina

That July 2009 Awake - "Is It Wrong to Change Your Religion?"

NEVER have I seen such a mouthful of hypocrisy as THAT!!!

But very useful to use on JWs at the door...

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "School Clubs: "Often however, these clubs serve mainly for social activities. And it has been noted that sharing such activities with certain groups of students often leads to immoral conduct." p. 24 ..."

Thanks, TD, for posting that!!

Oooooohhh, yeah, that chess club's a real hotbed of orgies... And the science club, and the chemistry club, and the rocketry club, and the sewing club, and on and on and on...

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I remember 3 years of Junior Achievement. You could barely keep us off each other. Assholes.

Okay, now I know I'm really behind here, but may I ask a question on the generations? I know it's been discussed in depth, but can someone sum it up for me in a couple of sentences?

What is the difference between the generation "clarification" of 1995 and the more recent one? If I remember, 1995 said that if a generation was simply aware of the happening in 1914, then that was still the same generation. Now I THINK they are saying that any generation that overlaps a generation is considered the same generation. Do I have that right? And if I do, I don't actually see the practical difference.

NC

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

That experience about the Ethiopian women...puh-lease...

At my Kingdom Hall they didn't get TOO wrapped up in the experience, luckily.

Why do they not use the book about JWs and school anymore?

I bet I still have it somewhere...

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

The most offensive is hands down the new brochures at the convention. They actually suggest we use the 'advanced' version in our ministry here in the US. It's offensive to think anyone at the door needs something that simplistic.

The 'simple' version is for use with people that can't read/write it consists of a few pictures on each page and 1 scripture on each page. Instead of teaching them to read/write we should teach them 1 scripture per page and use the 'advanced' version to teach them what the pictures mean (the advanced version is the same but has very simple words next to each picture).

Even for somebody that's illiterate, it would be offensive to simply show them some pictures without words, keep a version of the same brochure WITH words for yourself and then teach them what the bible says you should do with your life based on them (they're not children and even children would be offended if they are at a level to comprehend the issues being discussed). You could take your time and read to them, you could take your time and teach them how to read.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

From what I've heard of that new brochure, I can't imagine a more embarrassing piece of literature. Even people that can read can be incredibly smart and even successful. I remember a friend that got to know a successful camera man. Something happend and he figured out the guy could not read. I didn't show in any other way. Can you imagine pulling something like that out on him?

NC

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

NC - THE "Generation" used to be a group of people that saw (understood) 1914. Then it changed to anyone alive in 1914. I was assured that by 1984 (I was 8) the end would come. It recently changed to anyone who was aware of events in 1914 and ANOINTED who overlapped lives with ANOINTED ones today. Yes the GENERATION is not 40 years like Jesus' Generation, but an OVERLAPPING generation. No dictionary anywhere would agree or accept there BS, but that is what it is.

The school brocure was idiotic and ridiculous.

I loved my mom studying the Menstruation chapter of the "Youth" book with me when I was 9 years old. I am sure that did no F*@k my mind up.......

Whwn allelsefails try something thats make sense.....

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

Godrulzc - What are Salvific Issues to you? I know the naturwe of Christ, But not Blood? Is immoralitry? Adultery? Pagan worship like Christmas? Easter? (actually named for a Pagan Goddess)...... Just interested in what you are thinking here.....

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

Someone explained overlapping generations this way: An anointed connection orpassing of the torch between Russell 1914 and today example given was Fred Franz as the liason to anointed today. Franz was a bible student in 1914 lived through 1992. David Splane is anointed his only connection to 1914 is his association with Fred Franz. It's a classic case of cult revolvement around a person. Many of us have heard the idolatry in peoples comments when discussing Fred Franz and his amazing command of the bible. Some were surprised no mention of Fred Franz in the new video. They reasoned he was so humble they wanted to honor that quality

Did anyone notice this point in the WT Study para 10

10, 11. As a family, what spiritual goals are you pursuing,
    and what goals would you like to set for the
    future?

Even setting small realistic goals that
    are within reach of nearly every family
    member can yield rich dividends. Take, for
    example, the goal of discussing the day’s
    text every day. The comments given by
    family members can help the head of the
    household to discern the degree of their
    spirituality. The goal of regularly reading
    the Bible together as a family
    provides an excellent
    opportunity for children to improve
    their reading skills as well as their comprehension
    of the Bible’s message. (Ps. 1:1, 2)
    And should we not want to make itour goal
    to improve the quality of our prayers? Cultivating
    aspects of the fruitage of the spirit
    to
    a greater degree can also be an excellent goal
    to pursue. (Gal. 5:22, 23) Or what about
    looking for ways to show fellow feeling for
    people we meet in the ministry? Striving to
    do that as a family can help children learn to
    be compassionate,
    and they will be more
    likely to develop a desire to serve as regular
    pioneers or missionaries.

There is no mention of fellow feeling or LOVE for those in the cong. Children will learn compassion in service not by caring for those related in the faith

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit