What is the most offensive/idiotic piece of WT literature you've read from the past 20 years (approximately)?

by Chemical Emotions 74 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

I think that some of the dumbest were ones that pertained to science- not all of them, but a few, particularly the ones about evolution. The most offensive (and also dumbest) were the ones about women, and the ones about rape. Those were horrible.

I'm asking about more recent ones, be they articles, books, ect, because nearly every JW will say that of COURSE the WTS made mistakes in the beginning. I prefer to mention newer ones, especially ones that they don't correct. (Not that there isn't some merit to mentioing older WTS literature.)

• Alfred
    Alfred

Revelation - its Grand Climax At Hand!... This book has got to be the most arbitrary interpretation of the book of Revelation ever made by the WT since they published Finished Mystery (1917)...

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

The now fractions are okay change. I never questioned not taking blood until they said fractions are fine. It didn't make sense. Also the use of the cell saver machine portrayed in the No blood video. I thought the vacuum is sucking up blood that has been let out, how can this be acceptable?

w5/15/90 went on about prayer being a restricted privilege

w11/15/09 said in para. 19 "Some marriage mates might discreetly hold hands, but if they embraced each other during public prayer, those who got a glimpse of such conduct might be stumbled. They might think or get the impression that the couple was focusing on their romantic relationship instead of reverence for Jehovah. Out of deep respect for him, let us therefore “do all things for God’s glory” and avoid conduct that could distract, shock, or stumble anyone" (When I read this I said this is so stupid. The picture of what prayer should look like during the meeting was so sterile. I felt bad for the older single sisters who would hold each others hand. These women are lonely and it's comforting to hold someone during prayer now they had this ripped from them.)

w8/15/2011 The article "A History Making Meeting"

Brother Lett noted a number of
    exciting developments in the visible part of
    God’s organization in recent years.
    For instance, a number of branches are being
    merged and consolidated,
    which will allow
    many who were formerly serving in
    Bethel homes in those countries to focus on
    the preaching work. Brother Lett urged the
    audience to keep praying that the Governing
    Body, as the representative of the slave
    class, continue to be not only faithful but
    also wise, or discreet.

What is so exciting about losing your job?

same magazine Question from readers

Memorial partakers. This is the number
    of baptized individuals who partake of the
    emblems at the Memorial worldwide. Does
    this total represent the number of anointed
    ones on earth? Not necessarily. A number
    of factors—including past religious beliefs or
    even mental or emotional imbalance
    —might
    cause some to assume mistakenly that they
    have the heavenly calling. We thus have no
    way of knowing the exact number of anointed
    ones on earth;
    nor do we need to know.
    The Governing Body does not keep a list of all
    partakers, for it does not maintain a global
    network of anointed ones.

I thought to myself how does this help people not judge partakers. How can past religious beliefs be such a problem when we teach people not to consider the heavenly hope. Before I studied with JW's I never really believed I was going to heaven. My study conductor encouraged me to do personal bible reading. After reading in the Christian scriptures I told her I felt I may have the heavenly hope. She proceeded to bring me articles on why that wasn't possible. So I put the idea out of my head.

As far as having no way of knowing I thought but our publisher's record card has a checkbox. They could easily have all the elders send in a count based on that.

• godrulz
    godrulz

New World Translation that systematically twists Scripture to its own destruction on all the major verses that affirms the Deity of Christ. Is the KIT still available? I have my copy and am thankful that the interlinear portion does not play the same games. The NWT is keeping people from Christ and heaven. The other books can do the same, but many of them are just poor interpretations of peripheral issues. Jesus, the King, not Christmas, blood, birthdays, voting, war, etc. is THE issue.

• Sharpie
    Sharpie

It's a little longer then 20 years but... here is the reason why Jehovah witnesses have beards, and like everything else it's completely unbiblicle

But more equipment was needed. For that reason Brother Balzereit asked Brother Rutherford for permission to buy a rotary press. Brother Rutherford saw the necessity and agreed, but on one condition. He had noticed that over the years Brother Balzereit had grown a beard very similar to the one that had been worn by Brother Russell. His example soon caught on, for there were others who also wanted to look like Brother Russell. This could give rise to a tendency toward creature worship, and Brother Rutherford wanted to prevent this. So during his next visit, within hearing of all the Bible House family, he told Brother Balzereit that he could buy the rotary press but only on the condition that he shave off his beard. Brother Balzereit sadly agreed and afterward went to the barber. During the next few days there were several cases of mistaken identity and some funny situations because of the “stranger” who was sometimes not recognized by his fellow workers.

1974 yearbook, page 97.

Jehovah witnesses cannot have beards thank's to Rutherford. Kinda funny the sisters ignore one scripture meant for them. "And do not let YOUR adornment be that of the external braiding of the hair and of the putting on of gold ornaments or the wearing of outer garments" 1st Peter 3:3

Just a heads up to anyone still in or undercover. Grow a beard after a sister with braided hair has a part on the minisitry school. And use that scripture as a defense too grow a beard.

Sorry for that rant.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Two kinds really rattle my chain.

The one where they were bragging about the kids with cancer yanking out their IV's because blood transfusions would be like being raped.

The other one is every single article about the headship arrangement.

There is one more kind that I just remembered: All the bad association articles

Oh yeah, and the ones on divorce...and the ones on clean sex...dating...honoring parents who beat the shit out of you and scream obscenities at you while growing up...

Oh, I could go on and on and on...

• talesin
    talesin

I've read a few things on here, about d/f treatment, JCs, child abuse ... one I recall is this:

url to thread with article ...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/124879/1/A-reminder-on-Shunning-family-members-again-in-the-January-15th-Watchtower

I remember when I first read this on the forum. Offensive? yes ... idiotic? hell, yah!

But more so,,, a hate-filled rant, and it disgusted me.

A couple of quotes from the
    January 15th Watchtower TM 2007 'Remaining Steadfast When a Child REbels'

'When Discipline Is Severe'

If the child is a minor and is living at home, you will naturally continue to take care of his physical needs. [let's not forget the regular belt-whuppin's]

While caring for necessary family matter may require some contact with the disfellowshipped person , [not your child] a christianparent would strive to avoild needless association. [with your children?]

t

• White Dove
    White Dove

Unbefrickinlievable!

• Honesty
    Honesty

A better question to ask would be:

What is NOT the most offensive/idiotic piece of WT literature you've read from the past 20 years (approximately)?

Everything I read from the Society is offensive and idiotic.

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

from jwfacts youtube vid masterbation can turn you gay lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit