by Nebeska Nada 104 Replies latest jw friends

• Nebeska Nada
    Nebeska Nada

OUTLAW, thank you for your words...

Of course I can get help...

And I think I will seek it soon...

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Your social circle can be difficult to develop. I have a "worldly friend" that I've known for a long time. Even when I went to his house yesterday, I felt like I didn't quite fit in. Few people can understand our situation if they haven't lived it.

But, it takes time. I hope to be my own person, and have people accept me for who I am.

We can't offer you physical comfort here, but you are in our minds and hearts. We're here for you.

• Nebeska Nada
    Nebeska Nada

Thanks to all of you.

I just wanted to hear some kind words...

Snowbird, yes, I am still here...

Don't worry... I will seek help...

And, I will write here again, tomorrow...

• Violia
    Violia

joining in so you do not feel alone. Many of us have gone through this, that does not make it easy but now we have the net and can reach out to others. that is what you are doing now. if we knew approx where you were at maybe someone could call you. We all really do want to help. don't let this stupid cult take your life. there really is something worth living for.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Nebeska.....

Many of us can understand your feelings.

However, if you have posted them here, its because you dont really want to do that.

Snowbird was right when she said:

You are loved and valued.
    Do not allow the WT to take that away from you.

Dont let the WatchTower win. Come back fighting.

Snowboard felt the same a couple of months ago. Now his life has changed.....remarkably. Everything is possible.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Please do it.

The professionals who are helping me are very kind and compassionate.

They've seen and heard it all, so don't hold back from baring your soul to them.

Let us know how things go, OK?

Love you, Comrade.

Syl

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Tito..

Your welcome..You have made unbelievable progress..

It`s normal to be depressed about being taken advantage of by the WBT$..

Your not alone..We have all gone through it..

I`m happy help is available to you..

You should make an appointment as soon as possible..

......................;-)...OUTLAW

• snowbird
    snowbird

Outlaw, you're making me cry - you are such a kind-hearted man.

Comrade, see what great affection we have for you???!!!

Syl

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

I think about suicide periodically, I figure what the heck I'll just step out in front of a bus or something. This religion does so much of a number on your life, but the one thing that I try, and I emphasize try as I'm not always sucessful. However, I try to remember that this religion is only a part of my makeup. It's simply one piece of the puzzle that's called my life. It's not the whole thing, its not even the majority, although I'm sure the powers that be in WT Land wish it was that my entire makeup and thoughts were dedicated to their publishing company 24/7. Since that's not the case, I see it as a victory of sorts. I mean yeah, the Borg has a place in my weekly activities, several times throughout the week but not all week. Some of the week, if not the majority of it is mine, all mine!!!!, and I enjoy that bit of time. I'm at work right now, doing what I love!!! I'm eating a burrito right now, and nobody else is around so I can fart at will if I choose!!!!! I just may go in the director's office if its not locked, and fart in there, but he's a nice guy, so i won't do that. My poin though, is there's so much in life that isn't controlled by Walkhill. Whether we choose to find make that time miserable or enjoyable is ultimately up to us.

One other thing, the lead singer in a band that I love committed suicide by waiting along some train tracks. His name was Adrian Borland, and he fronted a band called The Sound who were a popular Post Punk band throughout the late 70's and early 80's. They were every bit as good as Joy Division, New Order, the Cure, Bauhaus, Sisters of Mercy, Gang of Four, or any band you can think of from that time. The band never reached the same level of success that their peers experienced, and it contributed to Borland's depression. Eventually he committed suicide via train as his internal demons got the better of him. What saddens me about his death, is that if someone not familiar with his band were to listen to their discography, they'd say, "Wow, these lads were good! They still around, or did the lead singer have any other projects?" No, because he gave up, and as a result his legacy and stamp on life was cut short way before it should have been. The same would be with you, me, or anybody else that allows their disappointments in life to overshadow their achievements, and what's even worse is to allow their shortcomings to overshadow their "potential" achievements. There's too much life to live to throw away your dice now.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Well, stop considering it. I've been to that ledge enough times. I even had the things I would need to carry out my plan in the trunk of my car when I was still in Bethel.

And please don't throw yourself under a train. It is absolutely horrific to railroad workers. Just rule that one out completely.

And I've had too many friends that committed suicide. It's all part of the Watchtower method that we would die without them, but we don't really want to live with them either.

And I've been on medication.

The thought has crossed my mind many times after I left Bethel, and even after I'd joined here.

But I've gotten better. It has taken me years, but I'm fading, moving off to university in a new city, and building a whole new life. No more medication.

It actually makes me weepy to think that I almost threw my life away before I really got the chance to start living.

I can't make any promises to you that things will get better really soon. I'll just say that if you ended it all now, you'd never have the chance for things to get better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit