The effect we are having on the Watchtower is HUGE

by jwfacts 140 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Also, didn't Losch join the GB in 1994?

It all started falling apart after he showed up, LOL.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

In my opinion, the churn is massive. With 2/3 of the kids leaving, it is clear that the young aren't buying in like they used to... like I did. Judging by the local congregation, the new ones that are coming in aren't very bright and are plagued with personal problems... including terrible hygene.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

And bad teeth Billy.

• aristeas
    aristeas

MdSw,

Thanks very much for the post. I always had problems wih the 'old understanding' b/c the sheep were just as surprised that they had done good to Christ's brothers as the goats were, and that didn't fit the 'old understanding' at all. But, of course, I could never speak out about this, and on a multitude of other things either. Well, at least they admitted that they were wrong — albeit in a subdued way. Do you think they'll follow suit in other areas? They ARE v-e-r-y s-l-o-w to change though, even with mountains of evidence staring them in the face! Some day they will have to jettison that absurd 607 thing.

So are some the paragraphs of the WT study article really so small now? That must have happened after I left too. Much of it really is written on a simple level (the into. paragraphs). I wonder if the translators like it more that way now...

How does one get this CD-ROM?

NO BITES in the 120 year (Genesis generation) thing from anyone?

Thx again, MS.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I've had more success 'unwitnessing' and convincing people the WTB$ is a filthy money and power motivated cult than ever I had door knocking.

We enlightened 'apostates' can really make our mark to prevent growth of the WTB$ cancer.

I long to see the GB quake in their boots as their paedophile loving empire dies the death of 1000 cuts.

I feel REALLY sorry for those trapped inside afraid to come out of it. I recon if the numbers of those mentally out but still trapped by family ties were really known there'd be even more of a blow to the 'filthful saliva cl-a$$'.

All the recent control in the litter-trash and a$$emb£ies about 'apostates' and the internet shows we have flayed our mark.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I've had more success 'unwitnessing' and convincing people the WTB$ is a filthy money and power motivated cult than ever I had door knocking.

We enlightened 'apostates' can really make our mark to prevent growth of the WTB$ cancer.

I long to see the GB quake in their boots as their paedophile loving empire dies the death of 1000 cuts.

I feel REALLY sorry for those trapped inside afraid to come out of it. I recon if the numbers of those mentally out but still trapped by family ties were really known there'd be even more of a blow to the 'filthful saliva cl-a$$'.

All the recent control in the litter-trash and a$$emb£ies about 'apostates' and the internet shows we have flayed our mark.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Thanks for this jwfacts! Nice work!

-MF31-

• steve2
    steve2

The changes I've seen since the 1960s and 1970s:

Back then most baptisms were newly converted people (i.e., contacted during the door-to-door ministry, whereas for the last at least 20 years, most baptisms are born-ins. Creak, creak, the religion's getting older. Rust never sleeps.

Born-ins are almost always less zealous than the newly converted. Fact of life: Bored born-ins sleep long and hard and roll over in a curled ball come Saturday morning.

Greater numbers of newly converted young people joined the religion in the late 60s to mid-70s. The streets groaned under the excited weight of zealous young witnesses. Today, cross-looking older witnesses continue to pound the pavememts, like over-wound clocks that know nothing other than how to go tick tock. By contrast, younger JWs spend 5 minutes door-knocking for every 30 minutes at McCafe.

My hard-working grandparents would be hugely irritated by the current breed of half-hearted door knockers.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

The Watchtower's growth is superior to the recent performance of my stock portfolio. If that is failure, I'll trade. Trends are only as relevant as the time dimension. Still, it is so very good to see the brakes coming on. If that was a stock chart, I might think it was time to sell. Thanks for the post, jwfacts. You still have the best info site of its kind on the internet.

• flipper
    flipper

JWFACTS- Great thread. Thanks for your research !

It is becoming more and more obvious with time going by that the effect of the Internet and access to information exposing the Witnesses and the WT society as a faulty mind control cult is going to be the apostates " kill shot " so to speak towards the WT society. I agree the WT society isn't going away overnight by any means - however the power of the Internet is going to make this organization gradually dwindle and lose members I feel.

Each of us CAN have a part in helping move that change along and help JW's free their minds and prevent other people from joining the cult in the first place by warning them of the dangers of JW mind control. And that in itself can save people from wasting their lives

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit