RIP Michael Jackson

by sizemik 68 Replies latest jw friends

• sizemik
    sizemik

It's one hour into June 25th here in New Zealand . . . and two years since the death of Michael Jackson.

We all know of his family life and the connection the family had to the Jehovah's Witness religion, his abusive father, and the less than ideal childhood he experienced. His struggles with his identity and his past manifested itself in a life of extreme highs and lows. Eventually, his roller coaster ride came to an end two years ago today.

Many things contributed to the loss of a very sensitive man, with an incredible talent. The world, as well as Michael himself, have been robbed of way too many years of his life . . . it ended way too soon. He was still so young with so much still to offer. Rest in Peace Michael.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRTJ2xVr0PA&feature=related

Feel free to post your thoughts and tributes

• cantleave
    cantleave

It's been 2 years then since I dicovered this board. I heard of the MJ's death from this board. I made my first post on a thread asking what the JW's thought of MJ.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

That explains why the local radio station was playing his songs all afternoon today.

He was a great talent who died too soon. I grew up listening to his music, so he's part of my growth as a human on this planet.

RIP Michael.

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

He told the Watchtower 'JUST BEAT IT!"... LOL Surprised his mom has always been in "good standing" (I assume) considering she still kept contact with him throughout the years. After he was disfellowshipped and all. I feel sorry for his kids now. She's taking them to meetings.

• wobble
    wobble

Thanks for pointing out the anniversary sizemik, he is greatly missed.

Like so many people of genius his life was way too short, I feel he had great things inside that would have added to our lives tremendously as a mature MJ worked on his talent.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

MJ attended the same congregation I did in the 80's, and though I didn't know him well, I did find him to be a shy, sensitive and pleasant young man. He tended to be very quiet around adults and gravitated towards children, especially at "get togethers". I never detected anything inappropriate about his interactions with the kids...he just seemed more comfortable around them. I was sorry to see how extreme his life became, but he was a true talent and a genuinely nice person.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Michael Jackson was a pop star with talent. People either seem to like pop music, which I find mostly dismissable, or they fall into the Beatles, Stones, WHO, Dylan camp. His life is very sad and a comment on the pain of fame. People tend to forget the pedophilia when they honor him. Altho not proven beyond a reasonable doubt b/c the victim's mother was momey hungry, there was a preponderance of evidence in civil suits. He paid vasts sums to make these victims go away.

I never liked him as more than a novelty act. HIs talent was huge, though. When I see his siblings acknowledge Joseph's abuse and then praise Jospeh, I go nuts. If he did not surround himself with Michael worshippers, I think his talent would have exploded to someting lasting generations. People said that the Witnesses, overall, were a positive force b/c he was not a rock star with them. He was no ordinary schmo, either.

One of the memorabnle experiences of my life stems from his active JW days. VH-! introduced a new viideo. Michael grabbed his crotch with all deliberatness and held it there for what seemed like an eternity. Who cares about music when a sex act is openly performed? Thoughts of what would happen to me if I grabbed my crotch and held in on international TV danced through my head. His money must have made the Watchtower complicit. Well, Borgia, the murderer, was a Pope.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Hey . . . this is simply a memorial to a man with a troubled childhood and life, who was an incredible singer and dancer in anyones estimation . . . who died tragically. Yes . . . a memorial to a man who is DEAD.

It's not a provision for everyone to pick over the bones and render judgements . . . if you want to compare him to some murdering pope . . . start your own bloody thread.

And since when have the JW's been a positive force in anyones life? . . . talk about selective bias!

• alias
    alias

Peace, Michael.

@}}>-----

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Do we have a doctor in the house? Somebody needs a new prescription.

Sizemik, I remember him from my youth, we were approx the same age. The man was amazingly talented, and hurt to the core.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit