RIP Michael Jackson

by sizemik 68 Replies latest jw friends

• sizemik
    sizemik

I think the opening post speaks for itself. I have never known the man personally, thus I render no judgement on the "man" . . . certainly nothing based on hearsay.

Neither am I upset . . . rather, intrigued how readily some relish the opportunity to judge and condemn, whilst offering nothing in respect ot their own "dark side" to balance their judgements, hence the "He who is without sin . . . . " reference. The tendency to do this is yet another legacy to an unbalanced religious experience I suspect. I've left the JW's penchant for judging well behind me.

I'm a bit of a "straws and rafters" man I suppose, to invoke a religious perspective. Or "He who comes into a court of equity must come with clean hands" to invoke a legal one.

Principled yes . . . upset no. Take it or leave it . . . but that's the platform I speak from.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And let's not forget how Michael Jackson developed his "weird" side. First, he was trained by the best weirdos on the planet (the Jehovah's Witlesses). His father was abusive, and the two factors created major mental problems for Michael Jackson. Beyond that, there was no solid proof despite two different trials that he molested boys--one in the mid 1990s, the other in or around 2004. The payouts could as easily have been so they would quit harassing him about something he didn't quite do.

Yes, his death was too soon. At minimum, about a year too soon--as he was planning to release another album later in 2009 or early 2010. That obviously had to be cancelled. I don't know whether it would have been as good as his masterpiece Thriller, or at least as good as some of his "flops" (such as Invincible, which sold "only" 2 million copies). But it would have been better than not having it all.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Oh yeah, he's a hero. Such a hero he left his kid with his JW mother.

Wow, I'm so impressed.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Why don't you read the thread first before charging in with your idiot suit on . . . I feel embarrassed for you . . . Your JW side is showing

• shamus100
    shamus100

Yes, there are some people here that can't accept that people think differently. It's true, someone's JW side is showing.

In the future, I will ensure that I only agree with you, and if I do ever disagree with you, please feel free to insinuate that I am an idiot.

I'd do it, but this awful software won't let me. Sorry about that. In the meantime, please feel free to fill this in and give it to Simon.

• watersprout
    watersprout

Oh yeah, he's a hero. Such a hero he left his kid with his JW mother.

I don''t think anyone has said he was a hero... Plus he adored his mother, he probably thought they would be happy and settled with her... Not all dubbie parents are evil.. Mine certainly weren't.

I feel so sorry for his kids... Hopefully they can see it's all bull s**t....

Peace

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I found this article about the Jackson kids, as per a family lawyer for the Jacksons. No birthdays with Katherine Jackson but it sounds like they may have a more stable lifestyle now: http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/the-strange-nobirthday-world-of-jackos-kids-2051035.html

• sizemik
    sizemik

Ha ha ha . . . hurt feelings my arse

Still showing

• talesin
  • therevealer
    therevealer

And I for one also feel sorry for Shamus100. Somthin is off with him it seems.

Nobody is saying you can't have an opinion different from a poster's opinion and express it.

B_U_T this is not that kind of thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit