Why do I no longer get attacked and persecuted by the demons, since I left JW,s ?

by pedal power 151 Replies latest jw friends

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I wrote in another post to just pretend Christ is smiting them. He was an exorcist. The Witnesses act as though there is a real battle when Jesus already triumphed. It seems to me they would attack anyone but Christians since Christ can make them do what he wills.

I have not had any exposure to nonschizophrenic people who believe in demons since I left the Witnesses decades ago.

Sometimes I wonder if people are using the term demons for depression or anxiety. I notice the people who say they experienced them can't tell us their size, gender, voices, manner of possession.

If a demon messed with me, I'd get a cross and Bible. If that did not work, I would call 911. People seem so casual talking about the experience. They are supposed to inspire sheer terror, terror that needs hospitalizaton and massive drugs, to begin to stop.

Carl Jung believed in the spirits. The idea of them still frightens me. Parker Brothers does not need to purchase a special insurance policy from Lloyd's of London. If demons existed, Lloyds would underwite the liability. Image the law firms flush with cash from representing demon victims.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

HintofLime:

Depression: Depression and other mental illnesses can cause all sorts of vivid non-real experiences. Often these experiences can be 'embraced' by the person who experienced them as an opportunity to get some social attention, or to re-enforce a feeling of being 'attacked'.

As someone who suffers from chronic depression, I say this is a load of rubbish. Having depression does not mean you hallucinate or experience "demons".

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

Depression can cause you to feel pain that isn't there. It can also cause you to mischaracterize other people's body language and tone of voice. I can see how it could cause someone to see something that isn't there if the fear of such things is present already.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Funny, I've had depression since childhood and I've never seen a "demon", even when I was so depressed I was ready to suicide.

Not fair! LOL...

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I experience something called sleep paralysis. What happens is the brain wakes up during a cycle of sleep that paralyzes the body. I'm not truly awake, although I can see my room, but I can't move. In this state the following has happened to me:

Little devils danced in front of the television in the dark. They looked like the devil on the devilled ham can---red suits, pitchforks and horns.

I've floated above my bed and rocked.

I heard someone enter my apartment and felt my body shift as they sat on my bed.

I've seen flames on my walls.

I often sense and hear someone in my room.

because I'm unable to move, I can't get up to investigate. I didn't know what it was, but I never thought it was demons. i don't know why. Then I saw this special on sleep paralysis and learned that not only do other people experience similar phenomena, they often see the same type of hallucinations. For the religiously inclined, they define it as demons. One woman saw flames on her wall and a demon stand---apparently rising from her floor and the flames, at the bottom of her bed. Very similiar to my flames and devils vision. People that are more inclined to believe in UFO's define it as aliens. It also explains the feeling of alien abduction. Seeing lights (flames), floating sensations, human-like figures and faces, (though never truly human) and the paralysis.

There is an involved explanation that discusses the impulses in the brain and why people not only hallucinate but see simlar hallucinations to others who go through this--even though they never met. It's quite interesting, but also quite earthly. I'm not smart enough to repeat it here, but when it was explained it made total sense.

When I am under extreme stress, I often feel detached and almost floaty. When this happened during a "Christendom" funeral I thought it might be demons. The fact that it stopped when I prayed confirmed my suspicions. But the truth is that it happens in many other situations that didn't make me think of demons. And it is resolved with many positive thinking exercises---which I believed was served by prayer in that particular instance.

I think the important thing is not to stop looking for the answer and conclude demons. The brain is amazing, and sometimes the real answer is more interesting than the demon theory. I don't believe in demon encounters. However I don't believe that everyone experiencing them is ill or stressed. I believe they are experiencing something terrifying and unknown, but with further investigation the fear would be taken away. Culture has a strong impact on how these happenings are defined--and that is something to think about. Why does one person say demons and another say space aliens? Yet the experiences are somewhat similar? The fact is both experiences are valid and it's all in the interpretation. I prefer science in these instances.

NC

• baltar447
    baltar447

I think there ARE extra dimensional entities out there. Are they Demons? I don't know. Are they fallen angels? Disembodied spirits of the Nepilim? I don't know. Are they ETs or spirits of dead people? I DON'T KNOW.

I DO know that the nasty ones obviously thrive on FEAR. So when one leaves the borg and lets go of alot of the FEAR that saturates their lives, they go elsewhere. That's my take on it.

I also know enough to leave that realm of things well enough alone...

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Oh, and because I'm a writer with a vivid imagination, I learned a weird skill that I have. Maybe this is what is described as lucid dreams in earlier posts--I'm not sure because I've never tried to define it. I let myself slip into a half sleep and direct my brain to enter scenes I'm thinking about. It's kind of cool--never scary--and I can't always do it. It's only when my brain is very active and my body is very tired that I can achieve it. Maybe there is a link to my sleep paralysis---that ability or that brain energy that allows me to do such things. I'm just saying our brains are so much more amazing than any imagined spirit realm.

NC

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

pedal power: welcome . I'm glad you dont have any more problems with demons anymore.

Think about this:

If the demons attack jws, BECAUSE THEY are serving god, would that not be a sign that THEY ARE serving god?

So, are the demons looking for ways to PROVE that jws ARE the way to go?

Not really logical.

• pedal power
    pedal power

I recognise there are many sceptics here, and that is completely understandable, indeed if I had not had firsthand experience of Demonic attack, I would be a massive sceptic also.

I am a rational coherent individual, not taken to flights of fancy, I do not suffer from any underlying mental health issues.Before I became a JW I had dabbled in a very minor way a couple of times, and had one amazing episode,which I relayed in a talk I gave at the KH,unfortunately It freaked a few out, but the point I was making was simple,Satan would not wish to reveal his existence to doubters of him,for to do so, would only increase thier faith in God, stands to reason, if people see that Satan exists, God must also exist.

I can honestly say I was not really scared by this, I recognised this phenomona for what it was, I recognised It was an attempt to create fear and alarm in me, and more importantly in those others who witnessed it, and who were less likely rationalise what they witnessed, In them, it caused geniune fear verging on panic.

I just wondered why these episodes/ attacks ceased when I learned the TRUTH about the truth and left, I wondered why I was no longer a target ?

Is it possible that God is really using THEM, even though the GB is full of liars,and are in no way Inspired as they claim, We here know only to well that the vast majority of JW,s are oblivious to these lies, could God possibly be using those that are ignorant of the lies to accomplish something ? and If so what ? Just thinking aloud

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

it sounds like we didn't get anywhere with you yet?

No NO and NO!!! The fact that you no longer have these problems doesn't prove they are Gods people! To me it says you are at a healthier place and stronger!

What was your reasoning when you were IN as to why you had a problem before the "truth"

It can't swing both ways!

It's good your at least thining it through

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit