Why do I no longer get attacked and persecuted by the demons, since I left JW,s ?

by pedal power 151 Replies latest jw friends

• Violia
    Violia

blast IE9!

are we unable to refute what pedal believes without resorting to name calling, accusing her of making an apologist threads, or saying she is another poster? most jws believe like she does and many of us feared the demons and maybe still believe this. If we don't believe this why can't we just debate this?

Why is this an odd thread for a jws to start? This board says it is a jws board and just b/c we know it is an apostate board does not mean pedal does.
    all are welcome to post here. Pedal seems very nice, why not just try and reason with her and cut the mental illness and apologist remarks?

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing
    Apoligies for my non appearence, work to blame, thankyou for taking time to respond to the points I raised, in Math ch 4 Vs 3 thru 11, Jesus is in discussion with Satan, as I am sure most of us are aware of this and other biblical accounts, point to Satan and the demons being very real. I hope this is accepted as an established fact, although I accept that other mental illnesses, and some physical illnesses cause psychosis,I am not disputing that . However I cannot account for the lack of demonic persecution I used to experience on a fairly regular basis, when I was JW and as I reiterated, I wondered if this was because of the witnesses still being used by God inspite of thier many flaws ? is is feasable that just as grossly imperfect individuals were used in the past, that likewise JW,s could yet still be being used by God ? afterall for all thir flaws, they are not as bad as Manasseh, who at one point was Evil personofied, yet he still found favour with God and was restored, so why not the witnesses ? for all their faults could they yet be being used ?

You also mentioned earlier that you acknowledged you were a "shit witness" (Your words, not mine).

My honest opinion on this is that it doesn't matter whether your "in". Many people are "in", yet don't believe. Case in point, all the faders/undercover apostates you have here on the forum.

You also should consider that people get "attacked" by demons in other denominations/religions.

My real problem is with your statement "still being used by God". Poor non-JW christians. Can't they be used by God? Why are JW's the only purveyors of truth?

Anyways, if you truly believe this to be the case, that the cause is because you left, the question now is, would you go back even though you acknowledge to be a crappy witness(not really "into" it)? Would you be willing to face demon attacks again? Are you going back because of fear of Armaggedon?

And this is important, if fear is what is dominating your thinking, you're prone to make rash/irrational decisions. Such as going back to being a JW(which you don't believe) out of fear.

Edited to add: I agree with Violia's above statement. Let's refute the idea, not the person(ad-hominem).

This is an excellent thread to show that we can use just as many fallacys as the WT, which is not a fitting image.

And remember, we were all once in that frame of mindset, so please be curteous to our new-comers.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Violia: There is reasoning, then there is realizing someone isn't looking to reason, they are looking to preach.

The assertion is contradictory: "I know the witnesses aren't right because of their actions, but what if they are because I don't experience demon attacks anymore"

Regardless of what people say, he keeps reasserting the same question over and over.

People have brought up very vaild points which aren't being addressed at all. Just the same question. Whether intended or not, this is a common trolling method. "Hi guys, I'm one of you, but what about this question here, doesn't that make you wonder?"

Until Pedal starts showing some interest in actually participating in the debate and addressing very good points that were brought up, he will likely be treated as a troll.

Traditionally, the formula of this type of troll when cornered is to claim personal attack, decry the appostate community as just what the witnesses warned them, then make a grandious farewell post as they return to the true light. We are supposed to be filled with regret and remorse that our callous nature served to help out the Watchtower organization's goals.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Well, let's keep trying to reach out. I believe his ultimate motivation is fear. Fear that the "Truth" is real. That being a JW, being in the organisation=Jehovah's favor.

Pedal, you need to look beyond organisation. You're basically arguing that God is only as big as the supposed "organisation" he is using. What kind of an all-powerful God is that? He can't reach out to others? Others can't find or worship God without an "organisation"? That's almost a slap in the face to God, IMO.

If you can get past that, you can think logically and make a conclusion all on your own. We are only here to pave the way. But, ultimately you have to make a decision. Again, if you aren't fully mentally committed and never believe you will be(even if you go back), why would you go back out of fear?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

The Bible mentions demons. Mental illness was not properly understood as brain disorders. I'm certain epilepsy was a problem, too. Jesus defeated demons with no problem. Christ's message is clearly that the kindgdom is both in the present and in the future. All you have to do if you believe in demons as other than mental illness.(I think they are mental illness and a gigantic dose of repressed sexualtiy. They rarely bother men), is call on Jesus. NO WTVTS is needed. Jessus said I will be with you to the end of the age. He did not say run it through the FDS of the WTBTS.

Anyone seeing things or hearing voices or music that is not real should run to an er. Impulses to hurt yourself should also call for an er trip.

Again, though, you can't describe in any detail what you mean by demonic posession. A person who theoretically was could describe details.

• andys
    andys

One other thing you have to consider is if you fear something it will attack, for example I have a fear of dogs, always have, if I am walking through the neighborhood and a dog senses I have a fear they will see that and will try to attack, same as demons, the JW's are so afraid of demons, the demons see that and then they will attack.

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

Here you go. Problem solved. This picture is made by witches and is totally demonized. You will experience a demonic event just by looking at it. And if you haven't started going back to meetings by the time you see this, then you no longer have to worry about your OP:

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Nothing happens when I look at it! What does this mean?

NC

• cantleave
    cantleave

Just in from Bethel - I have a sudden desire to smoke weed!

• pedal power
    pedal power

@ J I F B, great montage of color, if I remember correctly the visual spectrum is 400 to 700 Nano metres, I just wanted to make a small but salient point, I am into science not ghosts, However I know the spirit realm exhists, and if you want I will exlain why, I will endevour to do so but not now.

No I am not ruled by fear, mostly indifference, I have never been ruled by fear, even as a JW, I served as a token of my appreciation for being created, JW,s will harness whatever motivational force is needed to get an individual to work for free.

I am happy I dont get demonic interference, I just dont know why, I am not complaining, It was never a big deal, just annoying when it occured.

I cant ever see myself ever going back, and if I did, It would be a lie, because if I did it would be to escape my intended violent slaughter at Armaggedon with the billions of children who would be slaughtered beside me, at least I would have a choice, the kids would be bird food.

Why would you want to worship a chid killer ? not me ever under any circumstances, have a good weekend everyone X

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit