Why do I no longer get attacked and persecuted by the demons, since I left JW,s ?

by pedal power 151 Replies latest jw friends

• simon17
    simon17

Well, look, obviously i'm not in any position to tell someone that something they went through definitely WAS or definitely WAS NOT real, but I think it is a point well worth considering. The mind is massively powerful and easily capable of creating virtually anything that can be imagined or not imagined.

The experience above makes it sound like schizofrenia (spelling?). Try telling John Nash that his experiences weren't real. Well they are. To him. The empircal evidence of WHO demons attack, when and why does lead one to conclude that a religiously tormented mind going "out of control" with paranoia is not at all an unreasonable possibility.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    When I was A JW I got attacked by the demons bigtime

Welcome.

Please elaborate. What was it like to be attacked by demons? Did you experience physical pain? How long would a typical attack last?

• pedal power
    pedal power

I gather most people who are HERE have never experienced Demons, and to be honest with you you would never want to be confronted with them, I no longer get attacked by them, Im wondering why ? IF it is because Im no longer a JW. Does that mean that JW,s Are sanctioned by god inspite of there lies, I dont Know ? I just dont get Demonic activity anymore, since I left ?

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

It's NOT because JW's are "God's People"!!!!

Non JW's have had "experiances" too

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I was raised in the org since birth, I left in my early 20's (I'm 46 now). Never saw a demon attack while inside and haven't seen anything like that since I left. Maybe cuz I didn't believe any of it and still don't?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Demons attack if your Brain goes Mental..That only happens at a WBT$ Meeting...............;-)...OUTLAW

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Does that mean that JW,s Are sanctioned by god inspite of there lies, I dont Know ?

When I attended JW meetings, they constantly reminded the audience that Jehovah hates lies.

So, it would seem illogical that Jehovah would sanction a group of people, known for spreading false teachings.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Looking back... haven't thought about it in a long time. Some of my experiances I have no explaination for. I was living near Woodstock NY. If there are "spirits" they breed there!

I also have "sleep problems" Lucid dreams and sleep walking. I'm sure one or two of my demons were "bad dreams" I still get them, but never think it is a demon.

I am a believer though. I'm not sure what it is... but there was something "super natural" about a few of my experiances in life.

Funny thought I just had. I bet all the JW's in my hall got rid of ANYTHING I gave them cuz now the demons are on my side. I gave them some nice things too. They sould have just given it back but I bet the dump has all my gifts through the years...

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Demons = Dreams, Drugs, and Depression.

Dreams: Because the human memory gets a LOT of things wrong (video tape a person experiencing an event, and then quiz them on it.. and watch how many details are distorted). Over time, humans can confuse first-hand reality with dreams, fantasies, and stories they've heard second-hand.

Drugs: Often dismissed by the teller with "But I wasn't taking drugs when the event occured."

Depression: Depression and other mental illnesses can cause all sorts of vivid non-real experiences. Often these experiences can be 'embraced' by the person who experienced them as an opportunity to get some social attention, or to re-enforce a feeling of being 'attacked'. The story becomes exaggerated and over time, even the teller can convince themselves that events really happened as they have exaggerated it.

Just remember: just because you think you see or hear something does not make it real. One of the things that makes humans so capable - our vivid imaginations and ability to process visual information - can have the perverse effect "teetering" between perceiving reality as well as non-reality.

To answer the original poster's question: Perhaps the reason you no longer feel 'attacked by demons' is that you've taken a mental stand "apart" from a particular fantasy. Your brain may be extropolating that desire to discount other fantasy notions as well.

- Lime

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    I also have "sleep problems" Lucid dreams and sleep walking. I'm sure one or two of my demons were "bad dreams" I still get them, but never think it is a demon.

I studied and induced lucid dreaming intentionally for about 4 years. From those experiences I've come to the conclusion that a lot of ghost stories can likely be explained by people becomming conscious in the physical phases between awake and dreaming. The so-called "hypnotic imagery" state can be extremely jaring - and much more vivid and emotional than a regular dream... as can sleep paralysis.

- Lime

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit