Why do I no longer get attacked and persecuted by the demons, since I left JW,s ?

by pedal power 151 Replies latest jw friends

• JonathanH
    JonathanH

I don't understand why pedal power can't or refuses to see the inherent contradiction in saying that demons in the JW are because they are enemies of satan and demons in every other religion is because they are friends of satan. This sort of double think suggests that still has the cult thinking that allows for this sort of contradiction to be held. A person free of that thinking would rightly ask "Is the fact that witnesses are so plagued with demons evidence that they are friends with satan" rather than being paranoid that it is the opposite.

• JonathanH
    JonathanH

Also the experience of taunting the demon is easily explainable by a group all believing and being afraid of the same thing. One's fear then feeds the others and they agree that they were all witness to the same thing. Then later in memory this becomes more vivid, and with further discussion more clear and agreed on.

If a preacher in a pentacostal church started looking into an empty spot in the back of the room and yelling that this demon is not welcome here, the rest of the church would no doubt join in yelling at this "demon" that isn't really there, and then interviewed about it later they would all insist that a demon was in their church and they expelled it with holy spirit. If you let them talk about it together they could probably even collude to come up with some details about the experience. It doesn't mean there was a demon in the back of the church, it means that they all had the same cultural beliefs that when activated were able to create a group experience that was totally in their own minds.

I can picture the exact same scenario happening for our Pedal Power here. Feeling emotional or creeped out on a bible study, and suddenly feels like there is a demon in the room, starts yelling at "it", the bible studies that also fear demons start telling him to stop taunting the demon assuming there must be a demon in the room if this bible teacher is yelling at it, and then in hindsight memory adds detail to the experience that was never really there to begin with. If there was a videocamera in the room when this happened, odds are all we would see is a guy yelling at an empty spot in the room, and some bible students being really freaked out.

• pedal power
    pedal power

@Newchapter No, Im not a new Maze or JW apoligist.

@leavingwt 1914 is based on 607 BC, which is a based on a lie, IMO circa 1933--1934, 20 years later, when Hitler was installed to create the new 1000 year Reich should be the pivitol date, if using the universal date of 539 bc, Even then this is unprovable, however the criteria for entry into the Kingdom is very real, and the societies insistance for JW,s attaining and maintaning those standards is unquestionable, even though it is not uniformly carried out, and is open to interpretation by various Elder bodys, who may use this procedure to further personel vendettas, and petty grudges, its far from perfect, but offers a degree of protection for all parties concerned.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I don't know. Perhaps you aren't Maze, but you're doing an awful lot of apologizing. You think that other churches are where the demons lurk, but the WT is only guilty of human imperfection. What protection is offered there that is not offered by the moral code of many other religions? Most religions teach against fornication, lying, stealing etc. Why does that not offer the same protection? Why are they also not simply guilty of human imperfection? What kind of protection is offered to a child in need of blood, or a woman experiencing a risky pregnancy? What kind of protection is offered by discouraging education? Exactly what protection are you talking about? Apparently they don't offer protection from demons---just like every other church doesn't offer such protection. Now I admit I don't believe in demons, so I'm just going with your reasoning. They aren't protected by their very own families when they step off the course. They are thrown to the wolves--because that is how they see the world. Please, tell me how JW's protect their people more than any other church.

I know a young girl that got pregnant and was DF'd. All protection of family, friends and community were withdrawn. She had to navigate an unfamiliare world on her own. Yeah, some protection.

NC

• Essan
    Essan

Pedal, their preaching of the Kingdom is almost wholly false. In fact, the JW message regarding the Kingdom is so deeply wrong that it alone would DISQUALIFY them from being approved by God.

Your understanding of the reality of the Good News of the Kingdom versus the false Good News the JW's preach needs some investigation.

What do the JW's preach?

That Christians will live on a paradise earth, not go to heaven. FALSE. The only hope offered for Christians in the Scriptures - EVER - is Heaven. There may be a Paradise Earth, but NOT for Christians. So, JW's preach a false good news, a false gospel, one totally different to what Jesus and the 1st century Christians preached.

They preach that Jesus became King of this Kingdom in 1914. FALSE (I think you know this). They also preached as 'God's promise' that many of those alive in 1914 would DEFINITELY be alive when Armageddon came. FALSE.

You don't get points from God for preaching a false good news. You get condemned. The Scriptures are clear on this. Or can you tell me what you think is accurate about what the JW's preach about the 'Good News'?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    @leavingwt 1914 is based on 607 BC, which is a based on a lie,

Of what value is a preaching work, based upon a lie?

• pedal power
    pedal power

@brokenpromises To attempt to turn the tide of prejudice in or out of JW,s with regard to depression, is never going to be easy. In just raising this topic here, has resulted in thinly veiled attacks on my own credibility, Must be mad, Got issues ect, Its really simlpe Demons exist, they have an agenda, THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH PEOPLE WHO SUFFER FROM DEPPRESSION, pick on a new scapegoat, and dont castigate those who suffer from depression here on this site ,You do yourself a diservice, and its a cheap shot at others who cant defend themselves properley

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Demons????

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

No one was attacking depressed people. We simply pointed out that some CAN have hallucinations but not all. I don't know---the way you purposely miss the point seems obtuse. Apologists exist, they have an agenda.

NC

Edited to add: Why do you say that those suffering depression cannot defend themselves? Is that an underhanded attack? I've been depressed, but I've been able to defend myself. I'm not totally helpless. Why do you generalize and attack the depressed so? Just like any other disease, it manifests itself differently in different people.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

@Newchapter No, Im not a new Maze or JW apoligist

You know, this is exactly what Alice would say. Not Alice would say, "Who is Alice?" The shift from discussion to insults is an interesting pattern. Am I the only one that suspects this?

NC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit