Why do I no longer get attacked and persecuted by the demons, since I left JW,s ?

by pedal power 151 Replies latest jw friends

• pedal power
    pedal power

Most JW.s really believe that they ( as we once did ) are promoting Gods Will, but what if THEY really are ? Is it possible that God is supporting them even though they (governing body ) lie, because most JW,s are ignorant of the lies told on their behalf, ?

When I was A JW I got attacked by the demons bigtime, but not now, and I can only assume that they (demons ) are happy that I am no longer a JW and are now leaving me alone, cant think of any other reason, has God ever supported a group who were similarly found wanting ?

• simon17
    simon17

Maybe because it was all in your head and as truly terribly real as it felt, it was your mind actively creating those experiences as a reaction to constant paranoia of the demons and satan's trying to attack your vulnerabilities that WT uses as guilt and fear manipulations?

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Pedal Power- Good question and one that I also had to sort out. First I am 100% sure God doesn't view JW's as the only worthy people on earth. I also thought for a while that "Moses, King David, all the rulers in the Bible" have sinned big time, so maybe the JW's are right just imperfect.

I have many many "demon" stories from my JW life. Like you since leaving NOT ONE. I even have a cross in my house.

I'm not sure exactly why, but I think it is because I no longer fear them. I'm not sure what spirt beings are out there, but they don't scare me.

I thought about demons all the time as a JW. Any time I'd start acting strange or feeling strange I would go around the house and "clean it out". If it was winter, stuff got burned, summer went to the dump.

It's funny after I divorced a different young JW couple moved into the house I was in. In less they a year the wife left the husband. When I ran into the husband he said he thought there was "something" in the house. At the time I agreed! Have a problem? Blame the demons not that you drink too much and didn't treat your wife well.

Anyway... the fact that you don't get persecuted by the demons doesn't mean they are right, it's just you are in a better place in life! There are angels too!

FS

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

simon17 - it was "in your head" ? Sorry if you have ever had a real experiance you would know - NO it wasn't in my head. I've seen things move, levitate, I've seen things that looked like a gost, I had a book that wouldn't burn till I said Jehovah... It was in the wood stove for an hour with a big fire and didn't burn at ALL. The second I said Jehovah it when up in flames...

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

My mom used to claim constant demon attacks as well.

The thing that I couldn't figure out was, if it was God's true organization, shouldn't she have been protectected from demons? Everything the organization teaches says that outside is all the wicked and the blessed that are inside are protected.

If demons are as crafty and evil as they are made out to be, don't you think they'd realize that stopping their attacks would only validate that the person was on the right path? I can't even remember what the organization's official stance is on demon attacks.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

simon17 must give you some credit though like my last story about the house causing the break up! Sometime a big demon is a great excuse!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Demunz are Imginary, usually a sign of mental illness / instability.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

As a perspective from the other side, as I mentioned, my mom would constantly get "attacked" by demons. As a teenager I was a fan of comic books that my mother was horrified of and deemed demonic.

Occassinally when she was having a demonic attack, my dad would come down, wake me up and ask if I had any comics I could give up. He would just give me a bag and tell me to get a couple out of hiding and hang them on my doorknob.

I had a stash of my favorite comics, and my "demon pile". When mom had one of her attacks, I'd give up a couple from my demon pile and she would go back to normal. All my regular comics were still there and the rest of my "demon pile" as well, but the demons, though very real to her, would vanish for the night.

I don't doubt that some experiences seem very real, but my experience as a "teenage exorcist" leads me to believe that JW induced demon attacks can very well just be mental.

• dmouse
    dmouse

I'm fifty years of age, half of that as a JW - NEVER had a peep out of any demons, nor met anyone who did.

Maybe demons only live in America?

Sometimes a brother's or sister's crappy car would break down on the way to a meeting and they would say it was demunz wat done it to cause discouragement.

What I want to know is, now that I've left, why is it that the demons don't make me rich so I can attack the JW Religion more effectively?

• The Finger
    The Finger

"Sorry if you have ever had a real experiance you would know "

I would agree. I have had some strange experiences in my life but I know the difference between it being strange and supernatural.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit