Religious Reform

by Maze 216 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Haha to Cantleave's post!

Personaly, I feel it would be impossible to reform JW's! They'd need to dump their core teachings which would demolish the entire religion.

When Russel began The Bible Students, he was ashamed and appaled by the way main stream Christianity had lost its roots. It started well but became too dogmatic and doctrinal instead of focusing on the more important aspects of Christianity. Unfortunately, his own religious group has slipped into what he was originaly appaled with.

Maze, I do believe God has an 'organisation' today as he has always had one through history. He has 'organised' for his son to be our king, saviour, redeemer and mediator (John 3:16, 1 Tim 2:5-6). This is what the bible REALY teaches about Gods 'organisation'. Read 1 Corinthians 3 and understand the TRUTH!

Timmy xxx

• cantleave
    cantleave

Maze - you have NEVER explained why all those scriptures you quote refer to the Watchtower organisation. You say it is Gods organisation but have NEVER proved it.

You have never answered the question as to what unique teaching they had in before 1919, that are still taught today, would have made Jesus choose them.

You have never answered what teaching and prediction can be proved correct in nearly 130 years.

You have never reconciled that they thought the last days started in 1799, that Jesus had already returned to Knigdom power in the 1870's and that the final destruction would come in 1914 / 1915 (depending on how year zero was calculated).

You have never explained why Beth sarim was built and why the Prophets made a no show.

You have never explained why so many lost their lives due to policies that were just plain wrong.

You have never expalined how the light keeps switching on and off.

You have never explained why if God is a God of truth the Watchtower society that is calls it'self the Truth, has been found to lie and decieve on so many occasion (including those above).

How the fuck can call that God's organisation.

So all your arguments above are invalid because they presuppose that God chose the WTS as his organisation which clearly he could not have.

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Lol Cantleave!

S/he cant explain or prove it because its a false concept. I used be similar - trying to defend the organisation, etc. But when we realise that it is complete contradiction to the bible and we are bringing reproach upon Jehovahs name, it should be time to reconsider our motives and our beliefs.

The majority dont bother though! It is my experience that i saw 99% of my congregation being blindly led along. They should wake up and research the REAL truth about Jesus and Gods arrangement for this earth.

Timmy x

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Why are we arguing? Maze is right on the money here. The Watchtower really IS Jehovah's organization.... they are the adopted children of a jealous dirtbag deity hell bent on tyranny, slavery, and oppression. Let's not confuse this deity with "God". It's been well established that YHWH was merely one of the 70 sons of the Canaanite God "El".... and archaelogy has confirmed it.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/165791/1/YHWH-a-minor-pagan-god-Ugaritic-Texts-and-the-Sons-of-El

• metatron
    metatron

Hey Alice/Maze/Whoever Really Needs to Get A Life or a Real Job! Here's some reforms for you to ignore!

1) Stop the deceptive practice of failing to correctly and accurately cite secular sources in the publications. Some book somewhere, some expert somewhere - it is evident to me that they avoid such citations because they have gotten caught so often pulling quotes out of context.

2) Stop baptising children! If infant baptism is wrong, then why is child baptism right? Of what value to Jehovah is a Dedication made because of parental pressure?

metatron

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I like Maze, he makes me laugh !

• cantleave
    cantleave

If don't laugh, Psac, you'll cry!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Did anyone bring some BBQ cocktail weenies? :-P.....Josie

This thread was started by a Big Weenie does that help?..

................. ...OUTLAW

• Ding
    Ding

I don't think Maze is a JW.

JWs don't argue or debate with people; they just preach the truth door to door.

• dgp
    dgp

LOL Outlaw!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit