Religious Reform

by Maze 216 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Maze
    Maze
    Hilarious! I asked if he was so stupid as to ignore the obvious evidence that the Organization is corrupt and disfellowshipping ineffective, using the words of the GB and this site as posted on by elders.

I got my answer!

metatron

What evidence? All you did is post a bunch of unsubstantiated garbage and give evidence that you're either an ignorant adolescent or an adult with a wicked heart and rotten brain. You're corrupt.
  • mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It resorts to name calling again. I think it's flustered.:D

• Maze
    Maze
    It resorts to name calling again. I think it's flustered.:D

And who started it?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

You didn't forget who started this thread, did you?

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Yo, Maze - my post 447 above, please. No name calling there.

If you're scared to answer or have no answer, just admit it....no biggie

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    All throughout human history, Jehovah has had a visible organization on earth to represent his interests.
    ...and in, say 1840, that organization was?
    ( <-Yan Bibiyan holding breath for an answer from Maze)

I am interested in this answer

• dgp
    dgp

Good question, Yan, only I won't be holding my breath

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

What needs to be reformed in Jehovah's Witnesses? Reading the Bible would be a start. Not controlling people would be another. Loving one another in the agape manner of early Christians would be a start. Believing in the Trinity is an essential. Stop focusing on God's wrath and focus more on God's love as revealed through Christ.

Reading the Bible consecutively, verse by verse, in the aggregate would make sense. Seeing themes and important matters as opposed to trivial oddities is also a start. Worshipping God, rather than an organization, would be crucial. Stopping the hatred of women is another goal.

Music, art, dance, and joy rather than a bunch of Nazi goose stepping creeps.

You are not communicating with the choir here.

• metatron
    metatron

Ah, your frustrated anger doesn't help your limited thinking ability, so I'll try to break it down for your "Dick and Jane at the Seashore" mentality.

Has the watchtower/ GB complained about young people in the organization leading "double lives" - and others as well? Have C.O.'s and D.O.'s complained about the loss of young Witnesses? If many of them fade away at the first chance for freedom, what does this tell you about their sincerity? and dedication?

Do discontented elders, MS's and publishers from across the world post here and on other sites opposed to the Watchtower? Do they often post confidential information consistent with their positions?

Did a Governing Body member complain - at the Annual Meeting - about older Witnesses sending their kids to college, thereby defying the Watchtower?

Have there been numerous cases of serious sins committed over time by various individuals such as Jesus Cano? Leo Greenlees? What does this teach you about the reputed "cleanness" of the organization?

Did disfellowshipping by Jews in Jesus' day keep them "clean"? If not, does that show it can be utterly ineffective, as destruction in 70AD was the outcome?

If the organization is really as honestly zealous as they say they are - as claimed and unverified on field service reports - why have contributions dropped so dramatically - given as they commonly are, in secret! What does this tell you about the secret reality of being a Witness?

They dumped paid subscriptions, they dumped one issue of the Awake per month, they sold off printing machinery, they dumped/fired/laidoff/downsized long term Bethelites, they dumped food service at assemblies, they went to cheaper paperback books - and fewer of them- and they are closing down Branch Offices across the globe. Jehovah has closed his Celestial Wallet.

The Organization is fake, phoney, hypocritical and nothing like the "clean" nonsense the GB blathers about.

If there are any big words you have trouble with above, I'll break them down for your Awake reading level.

metatron

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Basically, we believe God created us as autonomous inviduals, capable of reasoning and reasoning well together in groups. God gave me the brain power to be able to read a Bible. I am a lawyer despite the Witnesses. Text is very important to me. I believe God reveals himself to me through scripture, prayer, meditation and the social gospel. There is definitely no authority in Bethel to tell me what it says.

The Bible says what it says. End of story. Someone said all the doctrinal differences between Catholics and Protestants (since most people do not count Witnesses as true Christians) boils down to authority. Catholics believe in the Pope and the rest of the hierarchy have wisdom and see truth. Protestants believe this Truth can be determined by the individual by reading scripture.

The Witnesses do not know scripture or history well. It is passing. Few have ever read the Bible, as people read any literature, word by word, line by line, paragraph by paragraph, chapter by chapter, book by book. I never did it until it was an assigned reading in college. It cured me of the Witnesses forever. On its face, without any interpretation, the Witnesses clearly and expressly lie.

You will never convince me that some dudes in Brooklyn or wherever know truth not revealed in scripture. You assume they have authority as though the burden is on us to show they do not. No, the burden is rightly placed on you. Also, just the fact that Pittsburgh was involved in incorporation shows how far-fetched Witness teaching is. This isn't the HOly Land with angels zipping all over the place and the might Jordan roaring by us. The Allegheny and Ohio shows no such mystique.

This is not a conversation. We are people shouting at each other. I did not visit your forum. The truth is I can not visit your forum. You came to a dissident forum. You can post here. We can't post there. The truth in a nutshell.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit