To the Houshold of God, Israel... and those who go with...

by AGuest 121 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious

Some would argue that those chosen are chosen.

I don't believe in predestination in THAT way, and I do believe that we do have SOME influence, but that it is due to US that another is saved?

No, I don't think so.

I disagree, there is a reason why God has allowed so much time to pass. We have to choose him, willingly, and that involves helping others understand why choosing him is a good idea, no?

For an infathomable amount of time humans have been entrapped within the confides of religion. For most of human history God, as he can be, was murdered and replaced with men. No king rules forever and we are finally breaking those rusty bonds, wouldn't you agree? God doesn't detatch those, we do.

-Sab

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I think that we can do only so much UP TO A point, the rest is up to the individual and God.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Greetings, back at'cha, dear OUTLAW... and the greatest of love and peace to you, my friend! I am sorry about your computer "woes". May they resolve quickly - LOLOLOL!

I`m amused at the number of people who don`t understand the title of a thread...

Ah, were that the case. The truth, dear one, is that they absolutely understood the title of the thread. Which is why they opened it... and commented on it. They knew who it was addressed to: they heard the "call", too. They're just not brave enough to admit it, yet. No worries, though, for didn't my Lord's own brothers call HIM "crazy" once? And look at where THEY ended up - LOLOLOL!

It was Joseph's own brothers who first sought to kill him, and then sold him to his enemies, yes? But then... it was him they had to turn to eventually, wasn't it? Well, dear one, a slave is not greater than his master. If his own brothers did such to Joseph, and his own brothers said such of Christ... why should I expect less, even of brothers? There was a time when we ALL would have ridiculed such a thing, even me.

It just goes to show ME, unequivocally, that Israel is, indeed... a hard-HEADED, hard-HEARTED, STIFF-necked "house." And yet, the Most Holy One of Israel loves them... as does my Lord. Which makes me love them, too.

So... no worries, dear one. They knew who it was addressed to... and opened it.

Peace to you, dear one!

YOUR servant, friend, and a slave of Christ... always...

SA

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I think that we can do only so much UP TO A point, the rest is up to the individual and God.

There it is again!

I see it so many people. You cannot get over the apology. Did you, at one point, persecute people like Saul did or something? Why always point out that we're "imperfect"? We can't we just say "I'm doing a good job." even if we know we could do better; there has to be a "BUT! I'm not a egotistical jackass! I have problems too! I'm not perfect!" Of course we're not perfect. Where does this facination with imperfection come from? It seems to jump out in the road like a grey squirrel sometimes in conversations I have with people. It's impossible to get around sometimes too.

-Sab

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I think you mis-understand me Sab.

I think we NEED God to "do it", the whole point of our fallen state is that. like Adma and Eve, we think we DON'T need God, that we are "good enough" and the fact is, we aren't because we are made to be complete ONLY with God.

When we say " I did it" or "this was because of Me" we are in the home of THE sin, Pride.

Fact is we can't do ANYTHING without Christ, we NEED Christ, He acrries our burden and fills our heart with Love and Joy and it is HIS grace that saves.

I know that it is really hard from most to understand and accept this but *gasp*, it ISN'T about US, its about US AND GOD, together, through His Son.

We can't do it without Him , that is what started this mess to begin with.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Outlaw, you have a PM

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I think we NEED God to "do it", the whole point of our fallen state is that. like Adma and Eve, we think we DON'T need God, that we are "good enough" and the fact is, we aren't because we are made to be complete ONLY with God.

You believe that sin is genetic? Maybe this is too off topic.

-Sab

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Genetic?

In the sense that it is "passed down", yes.

In the sense that it is in our genetic code? No.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    When we say " I did it" or "this was because of Me" we are in the home of THE sin, Pride.

What about heuristics? Is there no wisdom in unspoken rules? When someone tells me that they "did something" I don't automatically think that person is purporting he's an expert on everything needed to do it. I hear "I did my part" because of of my brain's capability for consolidating ideals for language conduciveness.

Accepting a role as a lead contributer to something is not inherently selfish. The selfishness lies within the motive of the individual of which only God can know for sure.

I think you put too much emphesis on language. Language comes from attitude so attitude is what you judge yourself on, right?

-Sab

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Sab,

We are talking about salvation here, right? not just preaching the Gospel BUT salvation?

Because that is my point, we can certainly preach the Gospel, but salvation is out of our hands.

The moment we say that "this person came to Christ because of ME", we are being prideful, ie: sinful.

No one comes to God but through Christ and no one comes to Christ but through the Spirit.

We may point the way, even hold the hand, but it is the spirit that annoints and seals.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit