To the Houshold of God, Israel... and those who go with...

by AGuest 121 Replies latest jw friends

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I thought this thread had to do with YAHWEH, the household God of Israel. This is a forum open to the public. If you want an exclusive forum with only your pets responding, you can open and maintain your own forum. If it weren't for rambling, it would be comical.

So almost anyone here can use an errant stylus of a scribe to account for alll the hell lthey endured. Those nasty scribes. I read two weeks ago that Jesus may not have been able to write himself.

I do not know Koine Greek. It was too hard for me to master in the time alloted. If you knew Koine Greek or something about Koine Greek, you would see that all language is complex and pulling defintions out of a dictionary is insufficient. Freddie Franz could have used such knowledge.

The ramblings don't hurt anyone. They are disquieting. If I launched into such a critique in some places, I'd be arrested or show the door. They strike me as no sense but then most of Christianity has little sense. I realize from other's comments that much more is going on here than just the posting.

• AGuest
    AGuest

(In her head, SA thinks, "Dang, BOTR, I thought I was done with you on this thread.")

Oh, wait... I am.

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• sabastious
    sabastious
    With the exception of the following, I must refrain from comment at this time as to your recent comments mainly because our understanding and perceptions are so different. They require great “philosophical” discussion which would, IMHO, take several pages… and away from the topics at hand, which I posted for others. So, I don’t want to get into such on this particular thread, if that’s okay with you.

Absolutely. I did felt like I was going off topic. I just get so riled up with this kind of talk, lol, it's facinating to me. I'll respond to your last statement within PM.

-Sab

• AGuest
    AGuest

Then again, I reread your post and now feel a tiny little bit of "She-nay-nay" coming on... so you'll have to forgive me but:

I thought this thread had to do with YAHWEH, the household God of Israel.

You thought in error, dear one. It "had to do with" answering some questions others had asked. Where it DOES reference the Most Holy One of Israel, that would be JAH... or Armies... or "JaHVeH". I find it interesting that someone with your... ummmmm... "credentials"... is criticizing something they obviously didn't even bother to read. Interesting, but given your penchant for doing that, not too surprising (in fact, I think I've stated that or something similar to you before)...

This is a forum open to the public.

Ummmm... YES! Which is why I posted what I wanted to post... not what YOU wanted me to post.

If you want an exclusive forum with only your pets responding, you can open and maintain your own forum.

Contrastly, if you want an exclusive forum where I don't post as I choose... and those who get it or have regard for me say so... YOU are free to do so, as well. I mean... seriously? Girl, you've been here, what... two months? Okay... six. Seriously, come on down off it.

If it weren't for rambling, it would be comical.

Well, you got me there: I do tend to go on. I can only explain... and apologize for that so many times. Here's one more: I am verbose. Sorry.

So almost anyone here can use an errant stylus of a scribe to account for alll the hell lthey endured.

Well, yeah... ESPECIALLY if they were ever a JW. How the heck do you think the WTBTS DOES it's brainwashing? You think the WT, AW, and other WTBTS publications contain TRUTH? You think the NWT is entirely ACCURATE? Seriously?? THINK, girl...

Those nasty scribes.

Okaaayyyyyy???? That's what I've been sayin' all along! I am SO glad you're getting it. What TOOK you so LONG???

I read two weeks ago that Jesus may not have been able to write himself.

May not. Speculation. BUT... I asked. Apparently, he could... and reminded me so. He used the account of when they brought a woman caught in the act of adultery before him... and when questioned about what to do about her he said nothing. BUT... he stooped down and began to WRITE in the dirt. So, you might consider writing your "source" and reminding him/her of that.

I do not know Koine Greek. It was too hard for me to master in the time alloted.

Well, you couldn't tell that by how you took exception to what I shared. I mean, if YOU don't know it... how the HECK can you take issue with what I shared??? I told you that I don't it. I also told you who I got it from. Regardless of whether you believe he could write or not, surely he KNEW it - it was one of the languages of his time. Thing IS, though... excluding the writings by Paul and Luke, most of the NT writings weren't originally written in Greek; they were written in Aramaic. So, regardless of the Greek TRANSLATIONS... HE knew what the writer meant originally. And so he would know where the Greek was "altered"... by the scribes. SEE?

If you knew Koine Greek or something about Koine Greek, you would see that all language is complex and pulling defintions out of a dictionary is insufficient.

It is and I do know that, dear one. That's why I CAN'T just pull it out of dictionary... which I openly ADMIT to you and others here. I HAVE to rely on what he tells me. SEE?

Freddie Franz could have used such knowledge.

Surely you don't think he DIDN'T. I don't know when you studied or associated with the Witnesses, but I get the impression you never read/perused the "Aid to Bible Understanding" book. You might wanna give that a gander... because you'll find that he OFTEN did... and quite erroenously so. Which is discernable even WITHOUT knowing Koine Greek (oh, and he used a LOT of information from the McClintock's & Strongs Cyclopedia, the complete set of which I have... and was often wrong there, too).

The ramblings don't hurt anyone.

Then what the...

They are disquieting.

And so that compels you to be nasty... because they cause you to feel "disquiet"? Whose fault is THAT? You're a grown woman. Why would anything anyone else say cause you to feel "disquieted" such that you believe it's okay to attack them... without really having a CLUE as to what they're even on about??

If I launched into such a critique in some places, I'd be arrested or show the door.

Sigh. Okay, here are some truths you obviously haven't grasped (and please don't take my caps for yelling - I am not but only trying to emphasize so that perhaps you can/will SEE what you obviously do not):

1. YOU didn't launch into anything. YOU wouldn't. I WOULD, though... and DID. Which was entirely my perogative.

2. I would probably experience the same thing, in some places. In fact, I was shown the door... by the WTBTS. Should I feel slighted or picked on... or rejected? Good Lord, no! I REJOICE! They showed me the door because what I showed THEM... was in the Bible. Unfortunately, it wasn't in the WT or "Reasoning" book.

3. I haven't been arrested... or shown the door... HERE. Because I haven't broken ANY rule. And since I HAVEN'T... either been shown the door OR broken any rule... YOU are entirely out of line. YOU don't get to tell me what I can, can't, should... or should not... post. No matter how "disquieting" it may make YOU feel.

You can disagree, no problem. But if you think I won't respond simply because you DO disagree... you are mistaken. Truly. My being a christian does not preclude from making a defense before ANYONE who demands of me a reason for my faith; indeed, it REQUIRES it. So, please... don't expect me to run away simply because you're feeling "disquieted". Rather, consider asking yourself WHY you felt as you did.

They strike me as no sense but then most of Christianity has little sense.

Then why did you open the thread, BOTR? What were you looking for?

I realize from other's comments that much more is going on here than just the posting.

Oh, yes, right. Now that you can't uphold your previous poor comments, obviously there's "more here than meets the eye." What I don't get is that if you harpies think I'm insane... WHY in the WORLD do you keep reading my posts/comments? What are you LOOKING for? Nothing's going to change. I am not going to one day all of a sudden "snap out of it." And if I'm posting, I've obviously not been committed or put on debilitating drugs. So what are you LOOKING for?

That is something you girls are going to have to ask yourselves: why, if I don't believe her, even like her... do I NEED to keep reading her posts?

I mean, it's not like this one was part of someone else's thread - I STARTED it. So, you obviously wanted to read/hear what I had to say. WHY?

Think, BOTR... if you possible are capable of doing so.

My peace remains.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I'll respond to your last statement within PM.

I look forward to it, dear Sab, and, again, peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest

Oh, he said to tell you that he could read, too... which he did from the scroll of Isaiah. Nothing long and drawn out, mind you, but that wasn't really necessary, he said, because he made his point with what he did read. Obviously, I am much more verbose than he (again, I apologize).

Again, peace to you.

A slave of Christ,

SA, who's thinking... someone who read could surely write.

• sabastious
    sabastious

BOTR, I'm not sure what kind of reply you expected to get from that post(1380) except exactly the reply that was given. Just wanted to be aggressive for some reason?

-Sab

• tec
    tec
    Obviously, I am much more verbose than he (again, I apologize).

You share much, and your words (given to you, or your own) are encouraging and enlightening. You are certainly free to apologize if you wish (I am past telling people what they can or can't do - disregarding the children and on occasion - despite his grumbling - the husband). But I wanted to share something with you. My mother (whom I love) talks constantly (and I do mean constantly, lol). She also constantly gets into trouble for it - told to be quiet, reprimanded, tuned out, etc. By family (at their own peril), by friends, by co-workers, by bosses.

She can't help it though. She needs to talk. For her to stop talking, she would have to be made to feel ashamed and subdued about who she is.

I see the flak you get for being verbose, and it reminds me of my mother and how she must also feel, and also that it is just her way. A way that she has a right to holding. The impatience/irritation I have sometimes felt with her in the past is gone. If she wants to talk, then she should talk. You had something to do with that (if only so that I could relate what one person I love goes through, to what another person I love goes through), and I just wanted you to know that.

So if you want to talk, then talk. Most of the people who accuse you of being too wordy here... man, can they write some books themselves! And half the time I have to struggle to find out what they're trying to say in their own posts!

Peace and love to you, Shelby,

Tammy

• strymeckirules
    strymeckirules

i knew you were going to tell me to ask him.

but i haven't achived that baptism(HS) yet.

so more questons. we would still be on page 1 if it wasn't for the dogs at your heels. sticks and stones.

is there a set number of people going to be born? why did the command to keep the census occur? if people keep being born won't god have to keep delaying to save the new born that have faith?

does Enoch still exist in some form?

what about apostle john? why did christ make the comment at john 21:22?

i noticed everyone is giving the guy smoking dope a hard time.

would using natural herbal god approved (gen1:29,gen9:3) medicine PROPERLY, hinder a persons spiritual progress?

is type of wine or type of bread important when shareing in the evening meal? also is it once a year or how often?

is prayer to be said outloud or in your head?

was christ a carpenter? did he enjoy it? does the infancy gospel have any truth?

is the Islam faith a comparable or alternative type of worship to Jah?

are there any more books about the earthly life of christ that are true?john21:25.

and while we have john open, verse 24 kinda comes out of nowhere and verse 25 ends the book mid thought back from verse 23. the flow of the book just STOPS. i don't like it. i think it's been tampered with. thoughts?

sorry to be a question box. i hope you enjoy responding as i enjoy reading your responses.

thanks to y(our) teacher for allowing this exchange of information.

• strymeckirules
    strymeckirules

what did he write in the sand!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit