Your best one sentence JW comeback contest

by moshe 160 Replies latest jw friends

• designs
    designs

godrulz-

You still haven't addressed the oooppsie in the Lazarus account. Can you find it, its easier than Finding Waldo......

• godrulz
    godrulz

Save me the time. Do you really think there has not been a proposed solution? Off the top of my head, I am not aware of the problem. If there is, does that negate the historicity of the rest of the Bible that Jesus affirmed (Noah, etc.)?

• designs
    designs

No no, you're a good little Bible Student you can figure it out, its no tougher a question than you would be asked in Seminary.

• godrulz
    godrulz

Do you mean this?

• designs
    designs

Nope, try again.

• godrulz
    godrulz

Gen. 1:1; Jn. 1:1; Heb. 11:6; Jn. 3:16 Got a problem with these also?

• designs
    designs

You're getting Colder...........

• wobble
    wobble

Godrulz said: " the Gospels have strong manuscript evidence and are trustworthy historical sources"

That is a totally mistaken view.

We have no earlier manuscript than the Codex Sinaiticus, apart from fragments. What we have is a copy of a copy of a copy, that is then translated and includes in that translation the theology of the translator.

We have no way of knowing what the authors wrote originally, even assuming that what they wrote can be trusted.

Which I doubt, for good reason.

Godrulz goes on:

"The burden of proof is on you to show why the Gospels are not his words"

Just like the burden of proof is on us to prove there is no God. Get real man.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Meanwhile, back to the theme of the thread....

If asked to attend/join bible study/why I am not a witness, "Do you really want to know?" (If they really want to know, I'll take them on it. But they better be prepared!)

"I can't honestly follow something that is not the truth."

When asked what church I attend, "That's a personal question."

Asked how I liked the drama/service, "The flowers were nice." or "It was about the same as last year."

When told I am missed at the meetings, "I miss you too. Let's make a coffee date."

• LittleMac
    LittleMac

For a God of love, why is the final solution to man's problems the deaths of millions of people?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit