Your best one sentence JW comeback contest

by moshe 160 Replies latest jw friends

• godrulz
    godrulz

God is uncreated, eternal Creator. He alone has existed without beginning or end. He is the uncaused First Cause who has always existed. We cannot understand this, it blows our mind, leads to worship. He has revealed Himself as such. No created thing comes from nothing. Everything except God has a creator. If there were an endless string of finite gods (LDS), then you would have an endless regression that is unexplainable. Gen. 1:1 God exists, period. We cannot understand this, but it is true. God is uncreated, period. This is the way it is. Like it or lump it.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Godrulz, that's a lousy comeback line. The Witness will be asleep before you finish it.

• d
    d

• d
    d

Millions of innocent men, women, and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burned, tortured, fined, and imprisoned, yet we have not advanced one inch toward uniformity. What has been the effect of coercion? To make one half of the world fools and the other half hypocrites." Notes on Virginia-Thomas Jefferson

The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter." Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

• nugget
    nugget

If God hates liars why would he support an organisation that lies to it's members and asks those members to lie to others, come back when you can tell me the truth about your organisation.

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

When one guy asked me at the end of a long and very boring district convention what the highlight was, I told him, "The closing song." It was the last one I ever went to.

• designs
    designs

'Return to Jehovah before its too late'

Its already too late....

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

My favorite is I am an apostate just as Jesus and Paul were. This is concise. There is no best comeback line. Belonging to a cult is emotional not rational.

People do jump off bridges as in kids being asked would you jump off a bridge if Jack told you to do so?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Someone posted something akin on another thread and I loved it. Wave cheap rosary beads with voodoo mixed in at them, and scream, Repent! Read your Bible now.

I am utterly convinced that almost all Witness beliefs can be refuted by simply reading the Bible in consecutive verses. Maybe see what the US government did with the brainwashed prisoners of war in Korea and Nam.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Godruz,

The Jesus seminar is pseudo scholarly. Luke as an impeccablel historian. Everyone else lives on earth, where do you live? It must be an uncharted planet or some Star Trek thingy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit