Your best one sentence JW comeback contest

by moshe 160 Replies latest jw friends

• godrulz
    godrulz

When I was at their Convention, I was able to share how one can get right with God with the gospel as a plane was about to crash and kill us. They could not give me a gospel presentation without months of book study/indoctrination, so they let me die with the hope I might get resurrected in the future to study and convert?! In Acts, people were saved on the spot as the person and work of Christ was preached (and baptized the same day). In cults, indoctrination and an endless treadmill is required leaving one with still no assurance. What a rip off (man's ways vs God's ways...we can add nothing to His shed blood).

John Wesley (Methodist) would have bopped the 89 year old on the head. If he was a Christian, not a nominal Methodist, he would not fear hell or death (Rev. 1:17-18). He would have assurance of eternal life in Christ. The way to deal with the fear of death and hell is not to deny it (demonic lie), but to run to the mercy of God in Christ. Russell rejected hell-fire which tickles itching ears, elevates reason above divine revelation, gives false vs true assurance. The Methodist had a panacea by believing a lie, not a true deliverance from fear/hell. Simplistic answers are not always right.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

God create me with a brain to reason. I've read the Bible consecutively by myself. It doesn't say what the Witnesses say. Do you want to read the Bible with me so you can study with me. Obviously, I'm much farther ahead than you.

My Jesus is God, the Light of the World. Yours is puny. What would Jesus do?

• Mary
    Mary

1. If it could be proven to you that this wasn't 'the Truth', would you still go to the meetings? (believe it or not, I actually had a Dub tell me "yes").
    2. How would someone know they were in a cult or under mind-control? (Danger Will Robinson! Danger!)
  • Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Godrutz,

Very moving. Well said.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Amelia

Unfortunately, as I am not one of life's quick thinkers and always think of witty replies half an hour after the event, how would you answer if they then turned it back on you by saying "like what"?

Any time a JW 'answers' a question ..... take the time to ask yourself, "Did what they just said really answer the question I asked?"

If it didn't ......... don't take their bait ..... You had the right question ...... restate the question, word for word .... don't even re-phrase it.

They are looking for a loophole or an out.

The more you say, the more chance you have to make a mistake. Make them do the talking.

• moshe
    moshe
    If it didn't ......... don't take their bait ..... You had the right question ...... restate the question, word for word .... don't even re-phrase it.

An excellent pointer Black Sheep.

• bafh
    bafh

If God wants to kill me because I don't attend meetings, I'm fine with that.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Bafh!

Excellent.

Syl

• Heaven
    Heaven

In response to my Mother trying to guilt me into going door-to-door when she herself wouldn't even go ( ) ....

"Please show me the scripture that specifically states handing out Watchtower and Awake! magazines ensures my eternal salvation."

• godrulz
    godrulz

Keeping track of field service hours, meeting attendance, book studies, blood, smoking, holidays, etc. show that JWs are Pharisees who do not have a clue about the love and grace of God. Loving obedience flows out of right relationship with God, but is not the basis for salvation/security. The Bible emphasizes moral issues, not the endless list of externals that merely show loyalty to an organization, not God. One does not need to be associated with WT to be saved, but they make it a mediator between God and man while minimizing Christ, practically and theoretically.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit