What Qualities Do You Look For In A Man?!?!?!

by ladonna 98 Replies latest jw friends

• PLH
    PLH

valis! that was a secret!!!

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Expat,

With all due respect, and considering that I view you as a friend, I must say that I think your comments are in very bad taste. You obviously need to get a clue; perhaps some therapy would help? That's a bloody pig-headed, neanderthal approach to take, especially as several of us opened up and revealed heart-felt needs and desires. But then, judging from your response, perhaps I shouldn't expect such an 'emotional' argument to reach you?

Sincerely,
    Dana

• mommy
    mommy

LOL! This thread is great. I am so happy for all of those who found their perfect someone. I have to say though that we can make all kinds of lists, but what do we end up doing? Usually fall in love and accept all the quirks that come along. If we limit ourselves to a list then we may lose out on a wonderful thing.

I was thinking of my "list" but realized the above comments. I may get some of the things I want some of the time. But when I need something I just have to ask for it. LOL no comments from the peanut gallery about the famous 2 minutes
    wendy

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Dana:

With no respect whatsoever, that's exactly the type of air-headed response I'd expect from the emotional sludge you call a mind.

Your attitude is precisely the type of emasculatory penis-envy that has resulted in the denigration of men over the past few decades. I'm sure you would love me to get therapy, thereby destroying any ability to engage in logical thinking and rendering me adrift in pointless compassionate sensitivity; an Oedipal puppet whose strings are held firmly in the grasp of militant feminists such as yourself.

Expatbrit

• Solace
    Solace

I LOVE MY MAN!
    He's cute, sweet, a great father, has a job,(important)
    is not a J.W.,(very important) and he makes sure Im finished, before he finishes. (very, very important)

• dirty larry
    dirty larry

Yeah'r X Pat, Mate.
    I know youre angry and I know where yer comin from mate believe me.
    Seems these days A mans got to consider the 'rights' of everyone else, except himself. The only "right" a mans got is the right to work his asshole out and pay the bills.
    Yer right mate, believe me.
    All these issues in the world today, changin opinions, political correctness, and what not.
    But dont ever forget mate, dont lose sight of the real facts, the girls are still the girls. When you get with them, one on one, theyre all of them a diamond.Sparklin there before your eyes.
    What the social rules are dont mean jack shit once yer dealin with em individually. look at each one of them for what they are.Eh mate..what would the world be without the girls? Bloody dead.

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Expat,

Again with respect, altho I noticed you didn't offer me the same courtesy, I feel I have to respond to your offensive comments.

Your attitude is precisely the type of emasculatory penis-envy that has resulted in the denigration of men over the past few decades
    It's interesting to me that men with a deep rooted animosity towards women (could it be fear-based?) always seem to feel threatened by women who challenge men to openly express their emotional side. "Emasculatory penis-envy"...any self respecting therapist could have a field day with those words, all by themselves. How exactly is it emasculatory for a man to actually admit, much less express, his true feelings?

As for 'the denigration of men'...give me a break!! Even if that were true, I'd say women have a few THOUSAND years of dominating men coming to them, based on the degradation, oppression, and subjugation they've experienced at the hands of men for most of recorded history. Typical for a man who probably lives in an emotional wasteland to accuse an outspoken woman of being a man bashing feminist.

Good day to you,

Dana

• mommy
    mommy

Awww Expat and Dana
    Expat I LOL(in a bittersweet kind of way) at your comment, I too have found that appears to be the case. We(woman) often want an emotional person and one who is as intuative as us at picking up someones feelings. All too often we(woman) are dissapointed, yet someone cannot give something they are incapable of giving. I have found that most men don't even realize they "need" to give something more to a woman, but when asked they are willing to try. A truly callous person would not even attempt to give more emotional support, even when asked.

Dana,
    I can see your comments were riddles with smilies, so keep up the good mood Don't you know when a guy says somethings they don't realize at times if it is callous? I lived with a man for 5 years who was the opitome of a male chauvanist, yet he had a heart of gold. I had other woman threaten to take him outside and fight him because some things he said, I just laughed it off, because I knew he didn't mean what he said even if he said them(?) Gosh did that make sense?

Come on guys, Kiss and hug so I can watch...or better yet join
    wendy

• dirty larry
    dirty larry

Try to see the upside of the girls X Pat.
    Go check Moes picture in the "Pics" thread.
    Jesus Christ!
    Me hearts still pounding like a jackhammer.
    Can you imagine wakin up next to that every mornin?
    Youd be sayin to yerself "Christ! How did I get this lucky?"
    Youd think you were dead an in heaven.
    Youd be out slavin your ass out 20 hours a day to buy her all the nail polish she wanted.
    Theres good things in the world mate.

• logical
    logical

unconditional love

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit