Hello

by Chariklo 132 Replies latest jw experiences

• Snowboarder
    Snowboarder

Hello, i would recommend you give up on this Cult, as a pioneer and serving as a idiot because of my religious parents i say to you listen to my advice and don't listen to there crap, they mention NEW light all time like changing a light bulb, but then they criticize self help books for being revised, i told my parents the self help books publisher got new light and he needed to apply it!

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

I'm reading and reading.Thanks, everyone, for the big welcome! :)

@leavingwt, I did ask the conductor how he feels about former members. His wife (who always comes with him and does most of the talking) said it makes them very sad.

I already have a University degree, so I may be lost before I start!

So far, they haven't worked out that I have second thoughts, though the wife who rang me late last night did tell me that Satan was trying hard to stop me coming into the organisation. I was not impressed.

BTW, can anyone tell me where I find the Forum Guidelines? The email approving me for the forum told me to read those before posting anything, but I'd be here til;l Doomsday (or Armageddon) if I waited because I can't see any guidelines anywhere. This may mean that I am not in any way JW material since I'm disobeying from the start... ;)

• yknot
    yknot

Sweety,

If you are already here as a Study....

It is game over, just ring up an Elder and ask to be put on the 'Do Not Call' list immediately, say that you have lost interest and will not be considering this faith again.

The rest will come unraveled in the next few hours.

(BTW I am an active JW)

Huggles!

• godrulz
    godrulz

I think the posting guidelines are right at the bottom of the page you are posting on. Scroll down. Apply your critical thinking skills from University and you will not become a JW (see youtube, google, amazon, etc. and listen to the fine folks here who have experience; I have never been a JW; try www.freeminds.org for professional help and here to talk ).

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    @leavingwt, I did ask the conductor how he feels about former members. His wife (who always comes with him and does most of the talking) said it makes them very sad.

Please ask them a more specific question: How do they feel about former members who have found a church/religion that they like BETTER?

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

yknot, I am here as a Study and as an unbaptised publisher. I've got that far because I have found a lot of good in it all, and I've certainly learned a lot in the Bible that I didn't know before, even though I have extensive Christian background in a church.

Maybe your suggestion is what I should do but the trouble is I have got in quite deep and so there are people who seem very much to be my friends.I've also left my church, and I know word has got round about that, so I've already taken a huge step out of my former life and into the WT.

However, the experience of the last couple of weeks has, as I said, really made me start to think. So maybe I should make that call, but I'm not quite there yet. I found this board on a search on Google.

So, although I am not a JW trying to get out, and am not yet properly in, I got this far because as I said I thought I'd found something wonderful. Now I am just not so sure that I've acted wisely, wondering if my friends perhaps might not be such good friends, and I am taking a long hard look. Of course I still have friends outside the organisation, and not all have distanced thesmelves though soime are certainkly wary of me.

That's where I am. I got this far because my church has done some really bad things, not just all over the world but locally too, and it was when things there were really bad that I met the JW's.

So, OK, it's all a lesson that this is not a perfect world.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Not only am I a JW, but I have been one all of my 60++ years. I remain so due to not wishing to lose my lovely wife of 40++ years and other family members.

The single piece of advice I can give you is:

RUN LIKE HELL!George

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Please ask them if Jehovah is going to kill tens of millions of Asian children at Armageddon? Also, WHEN do they believe that Armageddon will happen?

• yknot
    yknot

Sweety

What was going on in your life when you became involved?

Were you searching, did you have a loss?

Most 'converts' stop believing on some level at some point but then they want to recoup their investment which is what your mind is trying to do, but it is over.

Within 24 hours from now you will know more about us, our history and our unwritten rules then you have learned in all your studying...

The lovebombing and encourgement is nothing more than a trained response.

Have you been given a copy of the Ministry School book?

I am sorry you have lost some of your life to this endeavor, try and accept that your gut is telling you.....(something is wrong and isn't gelling)

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome to the board.

Please read Crisis of Conscience by Raymond Franz.

I was brought up as witness, woke up at 42, but am now cult free.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit