Hello

by Chariklo 132 Replies latest jw experiences

• yknot
    yknot

If you want you can PM me your number and I will be happy to talk it over with you....

To "PM' (private message) just click my name and choose the 'send message' option...

I will answer any questions you have or listen to what your concerns are...

• Ding
    Ding

Leavingwt asked a great question:

If you were looking to buy a used car, and the salesman wouldn't allow you to speak with the previous owner, would that make you suspicious?

Be grateful you are seeing the red flags in time.

Heed them!

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

The Jehovah's Witnesses, a place where you can check in but never leave (or leave in tact).

The Kingdom Hall is a cult. Each cult follows two basic rules:

1) The leader(ship) speaks for God

2) The followers must "sit down, shut up, or else."

There is no questioning of the Governing Body on any of its points, as the GB speaks for Jehovah/Jesus as His communication channel here on Earth. Did you ever hear anyone disagree with a point of the Watch Tower during a meeting or within the group publicly? Any disagreement is cause for an elder meeting and being excommunicated (i.e. disfellowshipped or disassociated). See Rule #2. Jehovah's Witnesses are to extremely shun any disfellowshipped or disassociated person, and only limited contact is allowed between immediate family member for either a) family business or b) if the ex-JW is still under 18 or a spouse. Be warned, that if you suck your family into this cult and later leave, you WILL lose your family as they will, basically, shun you.

Welcome, by the way. I was a born-in, raised in. I left when I was 18 to pursue college. I graduated and have a wonderful career and family, all non-JW of course. I realized it was a cult about 5 years ago.

Skeeter

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Welcome to this forum. Always keep an open mind and continue to take in knowledge. This forum will definitely help in this regards. When I was studying with the jw I took in alot of knowledge. It wasn't until many years later that I saw that the knowledge that I was ONLY taking in was from the Watchtower Society.

• St George of England
    St George of England

You may also want to ask your JW study if there is anything you are not allowed to do in your bedroom once you become a JW!

Yup, they even control your sex life!!!

Ask if you can borrow a copy of the elders manual 'Shepherd the Flock' book, just to check a few things. Then stand back!

George

• yknot
    yknot

I always wonder about the first reactions of new converts when they learn that oral sex isn't allowed and if engaging and it becomes known and the publisher is unrepentant it can quickly become a DFing situation!

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi Chariklo, welcome and congratulations on seeing the red flags. Why not ask your Bible study conductor, if they will continue to study the Bible with you if you decide not to become baptized? Most likely they will say no or change the subject to avoid giving you a yes/no answer. A brother who was studying the Bible with me decided not to continue to associate with me after he determined that I disagreed with the WTBTS' doctrines of blood and blindly following the WTBTS.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

ABibleStudent

• Heaven
    Heaven

Welcome Chariklo! Glad you are waking up.

JWs have some good principles but they are overshadowed by the destructive mind control they use on their members to isolate them from non-JW friends and family and the denial of life saving medical treatments. My parents decided to dedicate themselves after we kids grew up and it has been one long, tough road. Lots of damage in our family.

I told my Dad not long ago that any organization that tells it's members that they should have nothing to do with their family if the family doesn't join the organization is a cult. He didn't reply but I could tell from his reaction that he didn't like what I had to say. But I speak truth; they speak crap. I just call them on it.

My term for the faith practiced by Jehovah's Witnesses is 'Jehovanism'; a bastardized form of Christianity. They've warped scripture to suit their agenda. I wasn't, and still am not interested.

Chariklo, how have you designed your life? How do you define your Spirituality? How would you like to go about accomplishing Christ's ideals of loving yourself, loving others, forgiving, and helping those less fortunate? If you let an organization decide all of this for you, you will never be happy. This must come from you .

• clarity
    clarity

A big welcome!

I thought they were 'real' friends too. Turns out I wasted 45 Years of my life and wrecked my children's lives, simply by thinking more of their feelings than ours.

If you want a religious cult that says Jesus Christ is NOT your mediator, & says that a few old men in New York are your mediators.....and you must not question this ...well then stay with them!

If that is not what you desire then get out of there .......FAST!

clarity

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It isn't a social club, Chariklo. It's a high control cult.

Life is only good in it if everyone plays according to the rules and give lip service to believing everything the come out of the leaders, no matter how silly something seems.

If their kids leave they will shun them. If they leave, their kids will sun them. Read the july WT carefully and you will see what I mean.

They claim to be selected by Jesus in 1919 to be God's sole channel of communication. Do you believe that? How can you prove it? How do you prove this happened in 1919? Is the data the WT used in it's calculations correct? Have you verified it from credible sources?

If that is true, what should you do?

If that is false, what should you do?

Be careful

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit