Hello

by Chariklo 132 Replies latest jw experiences

• godrulz
    godrulz

I wonder if many have heard of Mark Gabriel. His books are very readable and he does have credibility to speak on 'true' vs moderate/Westernized Islam. The contrast between Jesus and Muhammad is powerful.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Godrulz, I wanted to respond to your post last night, but I'd used up my 10 posts allowed in 24 hours so I had to wait. It reminded me of something like playing Monopoly and being stuck In Jail!

It sounds to me as if you know more of the Koran than I do. Here is how my comment on the earlier page arose. I'd been having a conversation with my oldest son, fairly deep, explaining to him how even after the comparatively short time of a year and a bit certain things from the JW's had gone in deeper than he could have imagined, and we were talking about faith in general and the good that is to be found in many of the world's great religions. He had advised me to get a copy of the Koran, and so a day or two later I found myself browsing in a bookshop and picking a very nice modern edition and leafing through. I didn't buy it, as it wasn't cheap and I didn't feel ready to do so, but as I turned the pages I came across a whole section on Jesus. It was very beautiful to read, and I did read several pages, just standing there. (The joy of a real bookshop and the feel of a real live book as opposed to buying on the net!)

Anyway, when I saw your earlier comment, I remembered that and thought to myself that you were judging without reading. I was wrong.

Jgnat, thanks for your comments. I don't know...I am just myself, but I am certainly feeling much more myself than two weeks ago when I discovered this board. At that point, I was probably in a degree of distress, and only within 24/48 hours of emerging from 14 months or so of indoctrination to which I'd voluntarily submitted myself, though not without initial argument. Perspective and common sense are re-asserting themselves. They hadn't wandered off. They broke out of the cupboard into which I'd shut them while I was welcoming in JW's wearing smiles that now, in retrospect, remind me horribly of the ancient smiling singing preacher in, I think, Poltergeist 2, a film which of course no good JW would ever watch!

Thank you very much indeed for the introduction to Mark Gabriel. I hadn't heard of him.

• godrulz
    godrulz

The Koranic christ did not die, did not rise from the dead, is not Deity. Those who trust in it are without hope and need the real Jesus/Gospel. Like JWs, Muslims are victims of their religion, yet without excuse for not doing their homework. Thankfully, many Muslims and JWs are coming to Christ and being set free. They make some of the most passionate believers, a blind man seeing light and color.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit