What say you Christians ???

by wobble 277 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    What's even more hilarious is that we all personally believe that we have it figured out, even though our views are often mutually exclusive. It's a bit humbling, to say the least.

At best we always have only a partial picture of anyhting, simply because our reality is subjective to our percetion of reality.

In terms of God, we can only kno what our perception allows us to, as such we can know God via:

The word of men inpsired who write about God.

The universe God created

God's Word, Jesus Christ.

To only take one of these or even two is to only have part of a picture but even to take all 3, it is still based on our human perception of what is and what could possibly BE.

As such, we must always understand that, as knowbale as God is, God is only totally knowable when we are beyond the limitations of our Perceptions.

• myelaine
  • myelaine
  • godrulz
    godrulz

jgnat: I thought I saw in a post that you used the Deist title/concept. This is why I responded with trans./imman. Perhaps it was a different poster? If so, humble apologies. It is never my intend to misunderstand/misrepresent anyone (I was surprised when I thought you defended deism, so I must have misunderstood). I retract any assumption that you support deism if you do not (sometimes we understand different things by the same term though). Please forgive me. Most forums allow editing, but this one seems to limit it to half hour. Otherwise, I would edit to clarify.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Godrulz, here’s the background:

From Terra Incognita, post 382

"3. By some mysterious internal controls (do not interfere with free will) God is self-bound from acting."

The Founding Fathers were Deists. Deists believe in a God who created the Universe and then left it alone. While I have no knowledge of why or even whether Deists gave a reason for their God having little influence on Man's affairs, it seems to me that their philosophy matches with jgnat's

Jgnat’s reply, post 16631

I hear you, Terra Incognita, except that I do believe that God at times does intervene. Except in the matter of free will. A God with self-imposed limits. Like a hockey player who won't shoot on goal from behind the center line. He can but he doesn't.

Heaven knows why I’m helping you with reading comprehension…..

To all, this seems like a perfect time to quote Mark Twain from “What is Man?”

We are always hearing of people who are around seeking after the Truth. I have never seen a (permanent) specimen. I think he has never lived. But I have seen several entirely sincere people who thought they were (permanent) Seekers after the Truth. They sought diligently, persistently, carefully, cautiously, profoundly, with perfect honesty and nicely adjusted judgment- until they believed that without doubt or question they had found the Truth. That was the end of the search. The man spent the rest of his hunting up shingles wherewith to protect his Truth from the weather.

• godrulz
    godrulz

Thx for the context. I thought I saw the Deist word somewhere close to your name. My brain is malfunctioning. As an Open Theist, I do not believe God micromanages the world and that free will is libertarian. I reject the meticulous control model of Calvinistic providence, but also the aloof model of impotent Deism. God can and does intervene in our world, but not all the time in everything.

• wobble
    wobble

Like I said, your god does not even come up to my lowly standards. I can give so many examples where if I could have intervened with effect I would have, in fact my heart aches because I did not have the power.

Your God is a heartless, unfeeling and therefore wicked God.

• godrulz
    godrulz

If God intervened every time evil happens, we would all be wiped out in a moment. Justice delayed is not justice denied. There is no love without free will (which leads to the possibility of evil). Don't confuse God and Satan (look at Jesus and try to find fault with Him as God).

• bohm
    bohm

If God intervened every time evil happens, we would all be wiped out in a moment.

I guess even babies are evil on godrulz homeworld, Planet Moron.

Justice delayed is not justice denied.

uh.. "I was gonna get up and fix the world, but then i got high?!".

There is no love without free will (which leads to the possibility of evil).

no, we get it, it wouldnt be loving to do some dickish thing like demanding we worship god or else he would kill us. that would be the complete OPPOSITE of love and free will, and such a retarded idea even children would laugh at it. oh wait...

Don't confuse God and Satan

nor will i confuse your nonsence with a rational argument or a response to Wobbles post.

(look at Jesus and try to find fault with Him as God).

like he does not exist?

• godrulz
    godrulz

I do not believe babies are evil since they lack moral and mental capacity to sin. Aborted fetuses, newborns, etc. go to heaven if they die. Morally culpable adults who are sinners in the eyes of a holy God are another matter and desperately need a sinless Savior.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit